• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great read that. FBRef is such an underrated site but the stuff on standardisation was fascinating.

Think what it does show is how good Grealish is as well, number of categories on FBRef which aren’t included in the thread which I really do value highly where he excels.

It's a shame he is out of our price range now. Villa can seriously demand big bucks when you look at Maguire to United.

Leon Bailey shows up quite well. Under the radar and has devastating pace.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Grealish is so overpriced and he plays left wing. If Auba signs we don't even have a spot for him. He was playing in midfield early in the season and got moved to the wing as it suited him better.

Everything points to Buendia. He is amongst the best in europe statistically. Just below the likes of Sancho and above Havertz in some categories. Consider his statistics when playing for Norwich. There is a player in there. We would be insane to not go for him. We need to be more humble.

I would rather sign Buendia than loan Ceballos with an obligation to buy.

Great read that. FBRef is such an underrated site but the stuff on standardisation was fascinating.

Think what it does show is how good Grealish is as well, number of categories on FBRef which aren’t included in the thread which I really do value highly where he excels.
Say Auba signs and Arteta wants to play him at LW, do you guys think Grealish could play in midfield? We don’t really know what formation Arteta favors, but Grealish and Buendia together with Partey or another DM would be very exciting on paper... Too attacking?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It's a shame he is out of our price range now. Villa can seriously demand big bucks when you look at Maguire to United.

Leon Bailey shows up quite well. Under the radar and has devastating pace.
Wouldn’t Bailey also vie for that LW spot though?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t realise Buendia was a young player. That and the stats means he could be worth a punt.

Worst case he’s not productive but can still play football. Looks quite technical from the little I’ve seen. We need that all over the pitch at the moment.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t Bailey also vie for that LW spot though?

If Auba doesn't sign and we have to sell Bailey would be a good option for the left. I wouldn't buy Grealish for a cm spot. I think we already have a player for the left cm.

Bailey-------------Edouard-----------Pepe

------------Saka------------------Buendia

----------------------Partey/ Sangare

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buendia good improve with better team i didn't like some of his final 3rd decisions at times but him and Cantwell we should try and get one of them.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If Auba doesn't sign and we have to sell Bailey would be a good option for the left. I wouldn't buy Grealish for a cm spot. I think we already have a player for the left cm.

Bailey-------------Edouard-----------Pepe

------------Saka------------------Buendia

----------------------Partey/ Sangare
You reckon Saka is ready to play that big part? I mean he’s been brilliant and you get the feeling he’s got his feet on the ground, but I’d rather give him time to grow into that role. If Grealish or Aouar is attainable and can adapt to lcm (in Grealish’s case) then don’t you try to get them? They bring a lot more than Saka to the table here and now. Saka still can develop as he’s very young and will get his chances

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Say Auba signs and Arteta wants to play him at LW, do you guys think Grealish could play in midfield? We don’t really know what formation Arteta favors, but Grealish and Buendia together with Partey or another DM would be very exciting on paper... Too attacking?

I have an idea that the reason Arteta keeps playing Auba at LW is because of his time spent with Pep who’s always believed it’s advantageous to have a main goal threat coming from the half spaces.

With Lacazette more of a team oriented striker you can see his thinking although it’s really hard to see results right now because the midfield can’t really press and trap like a Pep team would be able to.

This means that if both Aubameyang and Lacazette stay it’d be more of the same and Grealish would theoretically have to play furthest forward of the three in midfield.

I like the idea of your main creator out on the wings because it changes the angles and makes it harder for teams to double mark and unsettles them, a lot has been made of him playing from the flanks but for me if we moved Grealish central I don’t think you’d lose any of his impact.

He’s incredible at drawing fouls and carrying the ball, those are two skills you want to have if you’re playing in the congested middle of the pitch.

Grealish and Buendia probably couldn’t play together in Arteta’s system but considering we have no one who can do what they can I definitely think there’s room in our squad for both.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t Grealish an Arsenal fan? He’d be a decent signing but I think we should have signed him a few years ago when Sp**s wanted him.

Zaha should have been here, the lad loves this club.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I have an idea that the reason Arteta keeps playing Auba at LW is because of his time spent with Pep who’s always believed it’s advantageous to have a main goal threat coming from the half spaces.

With Lacazette more of a team oriented striker you can see his thinking although it’s really hard to see results right now because the midfield can’t really press and trap like a Pep team would be able to.

This means that if both Aubameyang and Lacazette stay it’d be more of the same and Grealish would theoretically have to play furthest forward of the three in midfield.

I like the idea of your main creator out on the wings because it changes the angles and makes it harder for teams to double mark and unsettles them, a lot has been made of him playing from the flanks but for me if we moved Grealish central I don’t think you’d lose any of his impact.

He’s incredible at drawing fouls and carrying the ball, those are two skills you want to have if you’re playing in the congested middle of the pitch.

Grealish and Buendia probably couldn’t play together in Arteta’s system but considering we have no one who can do what they can I definitely think there’s room in our squad for both.
This is what I think is the most likely answer, but then you look at City playing a 3 of DSilva, Rodri and KdB and you feel that with someone like Partey it might just be possible :D

Kysus

I might go up to 60m for Grealish, just for commercial reasons y'know.

Look at that recent home shirt launch and the main players they used, it was Auba, Laca and Luiz, with Auba and Laca being the big two. Like, commercially, that's poverty. Luiz is a defender here on a one year contract. Laca is a 29 year old striker who doesn't play for his national team and who doesn't score a lot of goals, and who we might sell.

Auba is our only commercial hit, but he doesn't have longevity. We have some youngsters who could be commercial hits, but not yet. Our only prime age potential star is Pepe. But he hasn't set the league alight, he doesn't speak English and he doesn't have a big personality.

I was listening to something there explaining that Ferran Soriano brought Ronaldinho into Barca because they were in debt with a stupidly high wage bill and they needed to sort it out, so he bought Ronaldinho to be a commercial star, which he was.

Look at Utd, they could potentially have Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho, all super marketable English players, plus the likes of Pogba, Bruno and Martial. So much commercial potential, they'll sell a sh*t tonne of shirts.

Arsenal is a fairly traditional club in that our income is based on gate receipts, shirt sales and sponsorship. Well all three of those are boosted by having marketable players. More people come to the stadium to watch a flair player, more people buy shirts of flair players, and flair players attract sponsorship.

Grealish is 24, English, and a flair player with a big personality. He's a guy you can put up for interviews, put front and centre on your kit launches and your posters. If he performs well on the pitch he's gonna earn you a lot of money over a 5 year contract.

Whether it's Grealish or someone else, we need someone to become the new face of the club for the next 5 years.

Xhaka

Gunner-Union

If we end up not having much maybe Raiding relegated teams can get us some decent deals.
Dacoure and buendia and a cabellos on loan again
Buendia. Dacoure. Cabellos

Dacoure is not a true dm he’s a b2b but defends very well and the other two are good all round players. Not sure is sarr can play on the right or not but wingers should be able to play both sides
Pepe. Pea. Sarr

RacingPhoton

Established Member
This transfer window is going to be interesting. I think this will be the window where high salary bubbles will break. There have been enough cases of high salary long term contracts turning out to be bad decisions in recent years for clubs to rethink their approach.
As more clubs realise this, players over 30 will have difficult times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom