• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Lobby: Introduce Yourself Here

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Arsenal fan for over 50 years, with the Fairs Cup and Double - not a bad way to start. Started going to Highbury in 1973, and the grim mid-seventies Arsenal team were my first real heroes that I could see in the flesh. Was happy when we won a corner, and a goal in those days was total joy. A home win was an "out-of-this-world" experience. My teens had a couple of amazing Cup wins and a couple of horrendous Cup defeats, and the Eighties had the 2 greatest Arsenal games that I will ever witness, WHL in '87 and another one a couple of years later.
The Nineties started with the best Arsenal team I have ever seen, and ended with the appointment of the man who would destroy everything that The Arsenal meant to me. In the early 2000's the team was fantastic, but had nothing to do with The Arsenal that I grew up with. I couldn't identify with half the players, and by the time we left Highbury and moved Ground there was nothing at all that I could relate to.
I didn't think it could get worse, but Kroenke's arrival and subsequent purchase of the Club did make it worse. Now there was no relationship between me and my former Club, only a deep hatred of the Owner, the soulless Stadium, and most of the team.
The Corona situation has made me realise though that "Once a Gooner - Always a Gooner", so started reading the Forums again.
This is by far the best one, so have decided to join.

Peace and Love

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Respect to the new members deciding to come out of the woodwork at such a **** time in our history. You'll be remembered and hopefully honoured when we win the league again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Respect to the new members deciding to come out of the woodwork at such a **** time in our history. You'll be remembered and hopefully honoured when we win the league again.
Will you be around to see it though?

EinmalImmerEwig

My first 'full' season was the fabulous 1974/75 campaign, where we finished 16th, bloody West Ham won the Cup, and we had Mancini, Rostron, Blockley and Hornsby to thrill us.

It was still ****ing magic!

We avoided relegation by beating Tottenham, Chelsea did get relegated and we had a young lad from Dublin becoming a regular.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn - allegedly - so this is the perfect time to start my love affair with the Mighty Arsenal again.

Who knows what will happen in the next few years.

My personal thoughts are that Kroenke will do the right thing and sell up, distributing his shares to the Season Ticket Holders. We will then become a Club owned by the Fans, we rebuild Highbury with the famous East and West Stands becoming 3 Tiered, we use the Emirates as the home ground of the youth team, we use the 70s Cannon as our Crest, and we only play in red shirts/white sleeves, and yellow and blue away. The team on the pitch always has at least 8 home-grown lads playing, and the fans in the Ground sing for 90 minutes about the greatest team the World has ever seen...and it's Ar-Se-Nal, Arsenal FC...

Hi all,

I'm very happy to discover this forum. When I was very young, my grandad sat me on his knee and told me there was only one team I should support, and that of course was: Arsenal. I believed him because I loved my grandad. He'd lived near Highbury in the 1930's and supported them in those glory days. I started going to Highbury in the 1960s. When my son was born, it was natural he should support Arsenal too, and we would watch the Invincibles from the North Bank. He and I have always followed Arsenal.

For me, the most amazing evening was probably Liverpool 0 v 2 Arsenal when I was virtually out of body with joy, even though I was only listening on the radio that night. It's hard to have favourite players without feeling disloyal to others, but ranking among the all time greats for me: George Eastham (who I watched in the 1960s), Alan Smith, John Radford, Lee Dixon, Freddie Ljungberg (especially for heart and passion), Tony Adams, Patrick Vieira - and because they were out of this world players: Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp.

There has always been something about Arsenal which has been classy. I obviously worry about losing Auba, because he is both a valuable player and a lovely guy. I'd also like to praise David Luiz this season, because what I like about him is he has heart.

Anyway, I am grateful to be here. A little bit about me: I'm a nurse. I have three children. I like Samuel Smith Organic Pale Ale. I enjoy sci-fi movies and comedy like Brooklyn 99. Looking forward to reading other people's posts.

Nenad

...we use the 70s Cannon as our Crest...

Cannon facing left? Hmmm?
We were much more successful when cannon was facing left :):):)
arsenal.png

GCH26

Alright guys.

Been following the Arsenal since 2000.

After last nights events I thought I’d finally sign up.

Hopefully we are starting to see a resurgence under Arteta, I’m fully strapped in for the ride :)

Tsar

Hello guys

Just a fellow Gooner from Switzerland. Started to root for Arsenal that day I found out that Arsenal shares the same founding year as my local football club.

I love books, history and some good ole Guinness.

See you around!

EinmalImmerEwig

Hello guys

Just a fellow Gooner from Switzerland. Started to root for Arsenal that day I found out that Arsenal shares the same founding year as my local football club.

I love books, history and some good ole Guinness.

See you around!
Hopper?

Ifly_Gooner

Hello everyone, I am from India, I work as a Pilot for an airliner with about 7 years of experience. I am 29 years old and I've been an Arsenal fan since the 2006 champions league final. Not the best of times to start supporting but I was getting introduced to the sport and just loved the ideology of the club. The focus on being expansive, expressive, youth, etc basically all the ideologies of Wenger. I have been to Emirates stadium a couple of times during my simulator training in Southampton. Couldn't go wrong with a Bud. Heres hoping for Mikel to be the turnaround king for us. Cheers.

AD1998

Hi all -

Alex here.

I’m a longtime lurker from NYC. I’m a lawyer (don’t hate me), and passionate fan of the Arsenal. I started watching football seriously in 2008, and gravitated towards Arsenal, and the team became a passion of mine. I have two favorite arsenal moments during my time as a supporter: Henry scoring in the cup upon his return - what a glorious celebration - and our victory over Barca in the champions league (Arshavinnnnnnn). I hope for many more under Arteta! I look forward to joining the community here, and discussing team building, tactics, and matches in a positive and naively optimistic manner!

Top Bottom