• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wasn’t digging, came across it in the Athletic article about Aubameyang. If we don’t offer Auba what he is looking for, Özil’s second Arsenal contract will be a big reason why we would be reluctant. Very relevant.

As for people upset about the stat I posted, there’s a couple ways you could look at it. One could be, how ineffective modern Özil is.

Another way could be using your mind and recalling how many managers/interim managers have come and gone since Auba joined and why he’s played virtually every league match and why Özil is always phased out under anyone bar Wenger. Lack of appearances alongside Auba is not a good defence.

I am just a messenger guys no need to be mad at me.
There are special rules in the Özil thread. You must not have read rule #26 in section 49 under ‘If he’s sick, injured, out of favour, injured, sick, injured again or out of favour’.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
More moaning over being asked to consider not moaning over a guy who never makes the team. What a lovely day.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil with Giroud went to 50 assists quicker than any player in the history of the PL.

Auba would have loved to have played with Özil I’m guessing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
More moaning over being asked to consider not moaning over a guy who never makes the team. What a lovely day.
As I’ve said on numerous occasions, moaning about people moaning is worse than any moan. At least the initial moan is about a footballer in his designated thread. If it makes people mad, click on another thread.

Where else in the history of AM have we had people policing a thread like we do in this one? When you think about it, it’s quite absurd.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil with Giroud went to 50 assists quicker than any player in the history of the PL.

Auba would have loved to have played with Özil I’m guessing.
Theory’s great, but there’s always much more to it in football. E.g, 3 managers since Wenger have had reason to believe there isn’t much in the theory of Özil being able to form a great understanding with Auba. And before you say it, he hasnt only just forgotten how to pass a football.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What’s wrong with Özil? Why isn’t he playing? I see him in the training videos and photos but he doesn’t even make the bench?

Any ideas? Is it his back?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He doesn't really contribute to build up play like @Football Manager. He just waits in the final third and when gets the ball he then tries to make the final pass. Compare him to players Iniesta, KDB, Silva and now foden (When he plays in midfield). This hurts us in our transition. We then struggle to move the ball up the pitch. When we had Santi, Ramsey and Wilshere in the team, it wasn't that big a problem but now with Xhaka ( and any other of the midfielders that pairs him) we now struggle massively. The only thing he ever had was the exceptional movement in the final third to receive the ball.

Özil hasn't decline physically or technically.
If you bring a 24 or 25 year old Özil to present time, most top clubs won't touch him. The game has passed such players by. Fernandez or KDB-style AM is now more suited tactically to the modern game.

It's just a myth being peddled by his fans to ram home the narrative that he was ever this great player for us.

Saka will be a better AM for us. While not as talented, he's always eager to join the build up phase and he help us progress play.
Exactly. Spot on.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes, let's lock this thread.

My posts in page 353-354 has already summed up most of his flaws as a player:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-353

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-354

Thread can be locked.
The admins aren't going to lock this thread. They locked it before, but I believe the owners of the site told them to reopen it :lol:

The Özil thread is a traffic bringer

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The admins aren't going to lock this thread. They locked it before, but I believe the owners of the site told them to reopen it :lol:

Ya don't want to piss these guys off...

...they're completely mad!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I always held the owners in high regard tbh. They must absolutely love it when we log on and put our feet up in our thread. Put the kettle on mate, I’ll nip down the shop for some donuts :drool:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I always held the owners in high regard tbh. They must absolutely love it when we log on and put our feet up in our thread. Put the kettle on mate, I’ll nip down the shop for some donuts :drool:

The owners do f all for this site, when we had those server issues last year they didn’t care one of the users on here had to fix it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We leave this thread open because there always have been news about Özil and he still here.

Unfortunately we'll have to leave it open for another year because he not leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom