• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger the most successful Arsenal manager plays 4 at the back for 20 years, goes Invincible, wins leagues and FA cups then this guy comes along and we have to go 5 at the back. We're still stuck with 5 at the back and are mid table

Makes you think

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Being as bad as we are is a collective effort. As much as I am not a fan, lets not pretend hes the root of all our failures.

He could perform with the right midfield partner, he has enough in his locker. Still think hes our best CM at the club and has been for years, which is quite damning but that's something he can do nothing about.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Being as bad as we are is a collective effort. As much as I am not a fan, lets not pretend hes the root of all our failures.

He could perform with the right midfield partner, he has enough in his locker. Still think hes our best CM at the club and has been for years, which is quite damning but that's something he can do nothing about.

Think Dani has outperformed him since the lockdown, shown a very good level has Ceballos (even if he does over dribble from time to time) maybe he feels pretty settled now under Arteta.

Would like to build around Dani rather than Granit next season, especially since Ceballos is probably more up for staying long term now.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I prefer post lockdown Dani also (he is definitely more of what we are used to hence why I suspect its a preference on my side).

I feel Xhaka has slightly more in his locker for now though. Ceballos can overtake him definitely.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka fanboys have to be the most immature people on this forum.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah he shouldn’t have been captain in the first place really, he was divisive to begin with which shows the disconnect between the team and the fans.

Just let him play and lead without the armband. “Captains didn’t need armbands” was always the case before at modern Arsenal no need to change this now.

say yes

forum master baiter
You should see the Lacazette haters.
True that, and this is coming from someone who rates both Laca & Xhaka.

In this thread there’s a lot of criticism, but the posters tend to be reasonable and objective with it: they don’t rate Xhaka, but they can articulate why (and frankly, aren’t weirdos about the whole thing).

The Lacazette thread is largely populated by the biggest bums on this forum. Little children dressed up as soldiers, who barely have a decent criticism to rub between them, posting about how his bum is big / has a “dead” trim. Apples and oranges.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think Dani has outperformed him since the lockdown, shown a very good level has Ceballos (even if he does over dribble from time to time) maybe he feels pretty settled now under Arteta.

Would like to build around Dani rather than Granit next season, especially since Ceballos is probably more up for staying long term now.
Difference between the two is Dani has shown moments of genuine class. Moments where you see why he was at Real Madrid. You don’t see any technical moments from Xhaka that are reassuring, or the sort of advanced initiative that you associate with players of real class. That’s the difference really.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
True that, and this is coming from someone who rates both Laca & Xhaka.

In this thread there’s a lot of criticism, but the posters tend to be reasonable and objective with it: they don’t rate Xhaka, but they can articulate why (and frankly, aren’t weirdos about the whole thing).

The Lacazette thread is largely populated by the biggest bums on this forum. Little children dressed up as soldiers, who barely have a decent criticism to rub between them, posting about how his bum is big / has a “dead” trim. Apples and oranges.
I am partial to mentioning his fabulous batty from time to time but it’s in a positive way.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Difference between the two is Dani has shown moments of genuine class. Moments where you see why he was at Real Madrid. You don’t see any technical moments from Xhaka that are reassuring, or the sort of advanced initiative that you associate with players of real class. That’s the difference really.
Ceballos has a higher ceiling for sure. Xhaka is sort of our Jordan Henderson (less mobile, better passer), in that he's not the best player but is important at the moment, but will be slowly phased out if the recruitment is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom