• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He may have appearance bonuses in his contract that the club are trying to avoid paying. Not playing him because he wouldn't take a pay-cut is pointless. Trying to force him out by not playing him is also pointless. His agent has reiterated that Özil will see out his contract.

It wouldn’t surprise me with the club tbf. They done the same with Aaron Ramsey and forced him out the club. RVP mentioned something similar in the interview (I skipped it to the part he discusses the contract issues) below as to why he left Arsenal as they didn’t offer him a deal hopefully the same doesn’t happen with Aubameyang.

I’m not too fussed with Özil as he’s finished but the club has been making a lot of mistakes with our wages structure. RVP should have been on 200k+ a week for how key he was to our team but Gazidis ******* up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Happy he's in Turkey. Don't want his negative energy spreading to the rest of the squad

Reactions: roz

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It wouldn’t surprise me with the club tbf. They done the same with Aaron Ramsey and forced him out the club. RVP mentioned something similar in the interview (I skipped it to the part he discusses the contract issues) below as to why he left Arsenal as they didn’t offer him a deal hopefully the same doesn’t happen with Aubameyang.

I’m not too fussed with Özil as he’s finished but the club has been making a lot of mistakes with our wages structure. RVP should have been on 200k+ a week for how key he was to our team but Gazidis ******* up.
I have no proof but I am fairly certain VP was chatting sh*t. I can’t see why they wouldn’t keep him if that was on the table.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s part of the squad? It’s a big day for all the group. Why outcast one guy?
He’s pretty much retired at this stage, surprised anyone cares at this point.

He would have contributed absolutely nothing plus I doubt he gives a sh*t about FA cup he doesn’t care about Arsenals need to be in Europa league plus he’s a World Cup winner. Atleast he/his team can spare us the sarcastic tweets about him being available for selection.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I have no proof but I am fairly certain VP was chatting sh*t. I can’t see why they wouldn’t keep him if that was on the table.

I think I trust RVP’s word more than Ivan Gazidis.

Ivan Gazidis promised that we’d be competing with Bayern Munich. Look how that turned out ffs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s pretty much retired at this stage, surprised anyone cares at this point.

He would have contributed absolutely nothing plus I doubt he gives a sh*t about FA cup he doesn’t care about Arsenals need to be in Europa league plus he’s a World Cup winner. Atleast he/his team can spare us the sarcastic tweets about him being available for selection.
I don’t care either really, but this is not the Arsenal we grew up on.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do you post this nonsense? He’s one of the most liked players in the squad, even the young guys like Willock rave about him.

Stop inventing nonsense.
There's was report sometime ago of some players not being happy with his gimmicks

GDeep™

League is very weak
There's was report sometime ago of some players not being happy with his gimmicks
I have only ever seen the opposite. Even now, Arteta calls him a model professional.

He might lack the intensity that Arteta now wants, but it’s hard to say that he’s not generally regarded as a very nice guy/group member.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s disgraceful that they’re not telling us what is going on.

We’re simply meant to believe that he went from being a top player past his best to being someone that can contribute less than Willock, Kolasinac, Nelson etc?

Best they just release a statement.

Kav

Established Member
Rather foolish all around. The club still has to pay him and he does not want to leave. It’s best to use him however and wherever he may be useful rather than act like he doesn’t exist.

He’s literally going to be here for another year. No club who’s interested in him can afford his wages. The club should at least maintain some degree of professionalism and respect in its operations.

Also the club knew what they were getting into when they offered him those wages and at that length of time. I don’t feel sorry for the club. Damn fools the whole lot.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Rather foolish all around. The club still has to pay him and he does not want to leave. It’s best to use him however and wherever he may be useful rather than act like he doesn’t exist.

He’s literally going to be here for another year. No club who’s interested in him can afford his wages. The club should at least maintain some degree of professionalism and respect in its operations.

Also the club knew what they were getting into when they offered him those wages and at that length of time. I don’t feel sorry for the club. Damn fools the whole lot.

You shouldn't feel sorry for the club and neither should you feel sorry for Özil. He has done nothing to make himself irreplaceable and undroppable. If Arteta feels that the best way to use Özil is to act like he doesn't exist why are you questioning him? Özil should have known too what he was getting into when we offered him that big contract.

scytheavatar

Established Member

We’re simply meant to believe that he went from being a top player past his best to being someone that can contribute less than Willock, Kolasinac, Nelson etc?

All the evidence is there of what Özil has become, if you still think he is a "top player" then you haven't been watching our matches.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm just surprised that people aren't more concerned and angry about this. For a club that is acting like it's absolutely skint, we have been paying a guy 350k per week for nothing, for about a year. What an eye-watering waste of resources.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

If you are the Arsenal manager. And Arsenal paid your granny Özil’s wage. And they have made your granny to become an Arsenal player.

Would you have your granny in the starting 11? No, because you are the manager and you care about the match results.

How much your granny earns/how much money has arsenal wasted is irrelevant to the team picking. Because you pick your best team to win games.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Wtf are you on about?

Read! Page 353-354 has clearly stated his huge flaws and weaknesses as a player.
Yes, let's lock this thread.

My posts in page 353-354 has already summed up most of his flaws and weaknesses as a player:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-353

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-354

Thread can be locked.
Face the ****ing truth, he is not a top player.
Stop pretending he is and stop keep making excuses for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom