• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm just surprised that people aren't more concerned and angry about this. For a club that is acting like it's absolutely skint, we have been paying a guy 350k per week for nothing, for about a year. What an eye-watering waste of resources.

Angry about what? Cause what the club is doing now with Özil should have been done a long time ago, what we should be angry about is that the club hasn't dealt with Özil way back in last summer. Which was the last chance salon of us getting rid of him.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Angry about what? Cause what the club is doing now with Özil should have been done a long time ago, what we should be angry about is that the club hasn't dealt with Özil way back in last summer. Which was the last chance salon of us getting rid of him.
How long ago? You mean we should have frozen him out with full wages? Have we forgotten how many times Emery kept him out of the squad, weeks and months at a time?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
How long ago? You mean we should have frozen him out with full wages? Have we forgotten how many times Emery kept him out of the squad, weeks and months at a time?
If you do not froze him out, what would you do?
If you are the Arsenal manager. And Arsenal paid your granny Özil’s wage. And they have made your granny to become an Arsenal player.

Would you have your granny in the starting 11? No, because you are the manager and you care about the match results.

How much your granny earns/how much money has arsenal wasted is irrelevant to the team picking. Because you pick your best team to win games.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
And now we are carrying another player in the squad in Guendouzi. If Arsenal want to pleasure themselves over the whole self-sustaining model they just cannot keep on continuing this practice.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Emery ****ed up by not freezing Özil out longer enough...... he knew that Özil is a problem but was too willing to compromise on his principles. Özil was a mess Emery inherited from Wenger, and that Arteta should have never inherited from Emery. If Emery had just made sure that Özil was gone then I would have considered hiring him a success cause he would have paved the way for his successor. But now Özil is going to be a millstone that'll pull Arteta down.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Emery ****ed up by not freezing Özil out longer enough...... he knew that Özil is a problem but was too willing to compromise on his principles. Özil was a mess Emery inherited from Wenger, and that Arteta should have never inherited from Emery. If Emery had just made sure that Özil was gone then I would have considered hiring him a success cause he would have paved the way for his successor. But now Özil is going to be a millstone that'll pull Arteta down.
I don't think Emery had that kind of power. Even if he had kept him out for the whole season, there's no guarantee he would have been sold. It was the job of Raul and Vinai to formalize the squad, contracts and things like that. And neither is it Arteta's job. The managers aren't the ones who are at fault here. I'm just pissed at the clowns that are running the club in this fashion.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Read my posts on 254-267 on why Mesut Özil is in fact the best deep lying false trequartista who has ever lived guys.

Please read.
And this has proven you wrong
Yes, let's lock this thread.

My posts in page 353-354 has already summed up most of his flaws and weaknesses as a player:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-353

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-354

Thread can be locked.
Despite a limited good aspects of his game.
He has huge flaws and weaknesses.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
And this has proven you wrong

Despite a limited good aspects of his game.
He has huge flaws and weaknesses.
Sorry mate, go back and read 254-267 again. If that doesn’t convince you why you’re totally incorrect then have a look at my posts on pages 150-179.

I won’t reply again if you haven’t done the reading. Just a warning.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I have only ever seen the opposite. Even now, Arteta calls him a model professional.

It was in that very first big piece in the Athletic, said historically he was not liked by some in the dressing room [paraphrasing]. I can dig it out if you want famalam.

Taxi Driver

I think there is a chance he is looking into the possibility of moving to Turkey - his wife is Turkish, and has her own following there, and was reported to favour a move to her home country

Let's hope he listens to her and not his agent
HToobiQ.png

:lol:

Why would Emery do that, sacrificing himself to make it easier for the next manager.
At least people now understand Emery was right all along.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This thread is astounding in the way people just ignore the obvious.

It’s clear as day that Arteta has standards. It’s just as clear that he thinks Özil does not set a good example to the others, and if he plays him then he may as well abandon what he’s trying to achieve.

You can’t play someone at the expense of your integrity and compromise the respect you have from the squad that is vital to the team and club moving forward.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
This thread is astounding in the way people just ignore the obvious.

It’s clear as day that Arteta has standards. It’s just as clear that he thinks Özil does not set a good example to the others, and if he plays him then he may as well abandon what he’s trying to achieve.

You can’t play someone at the expense of your integrity and compromise the respect you have from the squad that is vital to the team and club moving forward.
Arteta had the same standards before the break and Özil was a starter in every game and received high praises from Arteta. That argument simply doesn‘t hold.

Now whatever happened in between this break, we don‘t know because the club refuses to tell us, but it doesn‘t have anything to do with football, that‘s for sure because Arteta likes Özil as a player (even confirmed it a few days ago but then followed with „I can‘t tell you more“).

That‘s why you have people filling the gaps, some think there‘s something personal going on, some think it‘s because of his wages, some because they think Arteta suddenly realized he‘s crap. But in the end it‘s the clubs fault for not telling us what the hell‘s going on because this is not how a normal club behaves.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arteta had the same standards before the break and Özil was a starter in every game and received high praises from Arteta. That argument simply doesn‘t hold.

Now whatever happened in between this break, we don‘t know because the club refuses to tell us, but it doesn‘t have anything to do with football, that‘s for sure because Arteta likes Özil as a player (even confirmed it a few days ago but then followed with „I can‘t tell you more“).

That‘s why you have people filling the gaps, some think there‘s something personal going on, some think it‘s because of his wages, some because they think Arteta suddenly realized he‘s crap. But in the end it‘s the clubs fault for not telling us what the hell‘s going on because this is not how a normal club behaves.
Something has clearly happened behind the scenes. I don’t expect the club to reveal all when this type of below the surface dispute occurs. It’s a case of reading between the lines and I personally think Arteta’s words are clear indication of what’s going on. I don’t believe for a second that Arteta comes out with ‘I pick the team who I think is the best prepared...’ if he sees Özil flying in training. He’s a football man first and I don’t think he could be that dishonest.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Something has clearly happened behind the scenes. I don’t expect the club to reveal all when this type of below the surface dispute occurs. It’s a case of reading between the lines and I personally think Arteta’s words are clear indication of what’s going on. I don’t believe for a second that Arteta comes our with ‘I pick the team who I think is the best prepared...’ if he sees Özil flying in training. He’s a football man first and I don’t think he could be that dishonest.
Maybe you are right but I think completely leaving him out (rather than on the bench) is more of a „We don‘t want you here, no matter how hard you work“. From the bench he could still offer something, and show off his hard work (if it‘s there).

Personally think it‘s a Raul vs Özil thing rather than for football reasons. Finances are rough and getting an extra £350k/week could give Raul more room to maneuver. On the other hand Özil is entitled to his contract. It‘s a ****ed situation but I still think it‘s wrong to interfere with the managers football decisions from above, because it affects our results.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t believe for a second that Arteta comes our with ‘I pick the team who I think is the best prepared...’ if he sees Özil flying in training. He’s a football man first and I don’t think he could be that dishonest.
Neither do I, just think Özil fans are clutching at straws here/blaming the club.

There’s nothing really to explain just look at what he’s done for the past couple years :lol:

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Maybe you are right but I think completely leaving him out (rather than on the bench) is more of a „We don‘t want you here, no matter how hard you work“. From the bench he could still offer something, and show off his hard work (if it‘s there).

Personally think it‘s a Raul vs Özil thing rather than for football reasons. Finances are rough and getting an extra £350k/week could give Raul more room to maneuver. On the other hand Özil is entitled to his contract. It‘s a ****ed situation but I still think it‘s wrong to interfere with the managers football decisions from above, because it affects our results.

Maybe Arteta did his calculations and realized Özil is not good enough to be a starter but is paid too much to be sitting on our bench? And that the best way forward is to drive Özil out of the club so that we have more funds to play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom