• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

That is a page out of Ole’s playbook right there, nothing to see here really.

He knows damn well he’s not consulting Wenger about anything serious.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Not tactics maybe, but for everything else I’m sure Wenger is still valuable.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

He may need to take notes from Wenger on how to prepare team talks in a final, or how he can motivate his players to give them confidence.

But what Arteta actually needs to do, is to take out the notes he took from Guardiola on micro tactics, mathematical model on stats...........Analysis the opponent’s tactics, and find their weaknesses. To organise a press, to create overload on the pitch, to avoid being overload. If Chelsea gets a winger to the central area to outnumber our midfield, how do we deal with it? Or can we exploit the space being left on the wing? To study every single Chelsea players’ positioning and movement and instruct our players with detailed positioning and movement instructions. And if Chelsea targeted our weakness, how should we respond? If lampard makes a small tactical change, how do we counter that?..........

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He may need to take notes from Wenger on how to prepare team talks in a final, or how he can motivate his players to give them confidence.

But what Arteta actually needs to do, is to take out the notes he took from Guardiola on micro tactics, mathematical model on stats...........Analysis the opponent’s tactics, and find their weaknesses. To organise a press, to create overload on the pitch, to avoid being overload. If Chelsea gets a winger to the central area to outnumber our midfield, how do we deal with it? Or can we exploit the space being left on the wing? To study every single Chelsea players’ positioning and movement and instruct our players with detailed positioning and movement instructions. And if Chelsea targeted our weakness, how should we respond? If lampard makes a small tactical change, how do we counter that?..........

I'm sure he also learnt bits at PSG, Rangers and Everton too. Arteta has made it pretty clear he's after any knowledge that can give a competitive advantage. There's no doubt that Wenger will have useful things to say about coping with personal pressure, giving players confidence and managing eejits in press conferences - so Mikel doesn't have to crack out the death stare as often

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm sure he also learnt bits at PSG, Rangers and Everton too. Arteta has made it pretty clear he's after any knowledge that can give a competitive advantage. There's no doubt that Wenger will have useful things to say about coping with personal pressure, giving players confidence and managing eejits in press conferences - so Mikel doesn't have to crack out the death stare as often
You are right. Both are important. One helps to build the future for the club with a macro perspective. One actually wins you football games with detailed micro analysis and knowledge.

But if you have read through, you know which is more important:

Last edited:

FinnGooner

Established Member
Just read the press conference transcript. I have to say, Arteta is one classy dude. And say what you want about Emery as a manager, he wasn’t a **** either. And Arsène, well he pretty much brought class to British football. Lampard has already shown his colours, less said about Mou the better, Pep is a major narcissist and Ole, well we all know that in the end Smeagol turns into Gollum. So **** trophies, classy managers are the new black! Arsenal leading in that one.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Just read the press conference transcript. I have to say, Arteta is one classy dude. And say what you want about Emery as a manager, he wasn’t a **** either. And Arsène, well he pretty much brought class to British football. Lampard has already shown his colours, less said about Mou the better, Pep is a major narcissist and Ole, well we all know that in the end Smeagol turns into Gollum. So **** trophies, classy managers are the new black! Arsenal leading in that one.

Give me a **** and titles over class and empty hands everyday of the week.

balthazar

Hope he didn't learn too much from Moyes, though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Could have done a bit better in a few games with him but do most people here still have faith in him for at least another year despite the result if negative soon?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Could have done a bit better in a few games with him but do most people here still have faith in him for at least another year despite the result if negative soon?
Don't know about other people because most of them are irrational.

What I see in Arteta is a great tactician, with excellent tactical knowledge, but can further improve in his in-game tactical tweaks.

Looking at how we conceded our goals under Arteta so far, most are individual errors that are not tactical. So we need new players to improve on this.

And Arteta couldn't do much on us failing to build up patiently/gain possession/create overload/dominate the opponent, because we don't have the right players, since 2012.

We have too many limited off the ball players/final third players/uninvolved in build up phase players. Who are only good at receiving chances from the build up to assist/to score, rather than being a part of the build up play/being a part of chance creation.

We need every players (or at least all the 5-6 attacking players) to be good at controlling the ball in tight space, able to dribble past players for fun. They have to be great at combination play to help with the overload actively (as oppose to waiting for the midfielders to create chance for you to assist/to score). And again, we need new players to improve on this.

So the problem now is that we have to improve on our players. We need to work on transfers. Arteta’s tactics is not the problem, so why should we not have faith in him?

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
giphy.gif

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom