• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Surely a loan option would be available for him somewhere? No one in this life is going to pay him what we do but might be willing to pay a percentage.
If we do manage to get him off, it would be with a loan where we still pay a part of his wages. But most of his agent's statements say that he would stay here and see out his contract.

FluffyDoozi

Don't particularly care for Özil but thought it was a tad unfair that Matt Smith got that medal and not Özil or Guendouzi. Regardless of what happened behind the scenes, they both did contribute along the way.

Shame how his time here has come to an end. Interested to see if he still has any pride left or he'll just stay and sit out the rest of next season and earn his 350k.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting decision to make for him. Continue doing the nonsense he is doing this season and earn the fat paycheck without getting game time but lose any chance of getting contract from any team after that.
He’s not going to leave on a massive wage loss though. You’re talking a difference of millions, not a single person on this planet will be willing to take such a loss.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we do manage to get him off, it would be with a loan where we still pay a part of his wages. But most of his agent's statements say that he would stay here and see out his contract.
We’re not playing him to get his wages off the books, I don’t think loaning him out still paying him millions is what we’re trying to do here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Could have had 4 FA cups, but he’s shagging some 10/10 and a multi millionaire so I doubt he gives a ****.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He’s not going to leave on a massive wage loss though. You’re talking a difference of millions, not a single person on this planet will be willing to take such a loss.
Yes. But if he does stay and we do not play him in a single match next season, he won't have a club to give him a contract after that. His career is essentially finished. That will also be a massive loss for him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How much was he standing to lose in that wage cut deal? Horrendous decision to make. All this hassle for a bit of exchange money for him.

Terrible stuff to miss out on a day like this. Will regret it I think.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Don't particularly care for Özil but thought it was a tad unfair that Matt Smith got that medal and not Özil or Guendouzi. Regardless of what happened behind the scenes, they both did contribute along the way.

Shame how his time here has come to an end. Interested to see if he still has any pride left or he'll just stay and sit out the rest of next season and earn his 350k.
Wage theft outweighs whatever "contributions" they made. In fact, their exclusion seems to have been a net positive for spirt and performance so I'm happy for the tea lady to get a medal before them.

Why do people hate him so much? I haven't read anything bad that Özil has said about the club but the fanbase just seems to despise him and it just seems to be because he makes money, even though he's probably the most recognizable player internationally.

Manberg

Predator
Why do people hate him so much? I haven't read anything bad that Özil has said about the club but the fanbase just seems to despise him and it just seems to be because he makes money, even though he's probably the most recognizable player internationally.

Because he’s leeching off the club. Gone missing ever since he’a signed his big contract. We could have 2 great midfielders in place of his wages.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't stay another day in London to support the lads? Or was it because of Eid?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Interesting decision to make for him. Continue doing the nonsense he is doing this season and earn the fat paycheck without getting game time but lose any chance of getting contract from any team after that. Or move on to a different club taking a pay cut so that he could play for more years. If he takes option 1, it would destroy any bit of respect left for him among fans.

I think you may be grossly underestimating the devotion of his fanbase there mate!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How much was he standing to lose in that wage cut deal? Horrendous decision to make. All this hassle for a bit of exchange money for him.

Terrible stuff to miss out on a day like this. Will regret it I think.
You think the players who didn’t take a wage cut are being frozen out? Seems petty.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

It is quite fun to be able to say that Matt Smith has got more medals than Sp**s in a decade or the likes of Kane, Alli etc in their careers without playing a minute of professional football

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
How do you know that he is uninterested? Remember, this is a one-sided story that Arteta has fed to the fans. A story that has changed multiple times. From tacticak to lacking fitness to not being committed in training to back injury to tactical again. All the while Özil has trained with the team and hasn't said anything negative about Arteta or the club. So by all accounts, this is not a footballing issue, its more to do with the politicking happening upstairs.

Its very likely Arteta told him to take an early vacation as he won't feature no matter what. So what is he supposed to do? Just hang outside Emirates with a boom box held high with both hands waiting for Arteta to look at him?

If a manager has told a player he's not getting into the team at any cost and he will only train players he will be picking from and there's no more soccer to be played after Sunday anyway, it doesn't make a difference if the player is sitting at home in London or Turkey.

Özil is done at Arsenal. And its not his choice.
Ummm....Arteta hasn't said anything negative about Özil though. No matter how many times the media tries to spin it. You are assuming he was told he wont feature because of instructions from upstairs. Are you at the training sessions? What if his attitude is poor and he's not doing what is asked of him. He's training but is he training up to the manager's standards?

Because he’s leeching off the club. Gone missing ever since he’a signed his big contract. We could have 2 great midfielders in place of his wages.
He's not leaching, he has a contract and it's getting paid what was agreed. If he's available to play and they blocking him then that's on the club. My job told me to take paid time off, I'm not goin to argue

Manberg

Predator
He's not leaching, he has a contract and it's getting paid what was agreed. If he's available to play and they blocking him then that's on the club. My job told me to take paid time off, I'm not goin to argue

He performed for a contract and stopped performing after getting it. A contract demands something in return. Özil hasn’t provided that. He’s not worked for the badge and shows little effort. Any sane Arsenal fan can see that.

What I don’t get is why so many defend him. Are you a fan of Özil and not of Arsenal? Do players have such devoted fans that they follow them wherever they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom