• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Totally agree. Always felt that Sean Bean was a different class. I mean, i do like Viggo and i think he does an amazing Aragorn. But so could Sean Bean have done, where as i dont think that Viggo could have pulled of such a great portrait of Boromir.

**** it, love them both to death. Excellent actors for the trilogy

Sean Bean is a fine actor when he commits, but too often he either phones it in or just gets asked to do gruff northern.

Like Ray Winstone used to be a decent actor back in the 80s.

Randomly watched Ghandi the other night. What an incredible film, full of brillaint brilliant actors.

BobP

Memri Fan
Here you go:

0c54b-0aajuflax5gixgqez-2.jpg

Already sown up post of the year.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

3:50 Arteta thanks pep for making him into a great manager.

I’m so proud he has learned from one of the best revolutionary tactician. Arteta tactical knowledge is so great for a young manager.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes, Wenger is the best.:D
Wenger was great, but never tactical-wise. Couldn’t keep up with the complexity of modern tactics. He was better suits to be in higher management. Was a great manager but maybe he just need a tactical analyst around him.

What Arteta has learned from wenger maybe was just man/resources management, motivating/communicating with players, develop a broader perspective, how to bring the club forward......things that in macro perspective, which are useful for building the future.

For this game, Arteta might have taken notes from Wenger on how to prepare team talks in a final, or how he can motivate his players to give them confidence.

I respect wenger for what I have praised him for as above. He is top class in them, but just not tactics. Tactics is always, and now a more and more important aspect of the game.

At Man City, Arteta learned video/stats analysis, tactical knowledge, details on players’ position/movements, how to improve players methodically......extremely detailed micro perspective stuff that actually wins you football games. (This is why Guardiola and Klopp are regarded as two of the best tactician) (Tactics before the 2005-2010 era was much simpler compared to today’s tactics)

For this game, Arteta surely has taken out his notes, which he took from Guardiola on micro tactics, mathematical model on stats...........Analysis the opponent’s tactics, and find their weaknesses. To organise a press, to create overload on the pitch, to avoid being overload. If Chelsea gets a winger to the central area to outnumber our midfield, how do we deal with it? Or can we exploit the space being left on the wing? To study every single Chelsea players’ positioning and movement and instruct our players with detailed positioning and movement instructions. And if Chelsea targeted our weakness, how should we respond? If lampard makes a small tactical change, how do we counter that?..........

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger was great, but never tactical-wise. Couldn’t keep up with the complexity of modern tactics. He was better suits to be in higher management. Was a great manager but maybe he just need a tactical analyst around him.
Man gets top four for 20 years straight on bottom half table spend and he needs a tactical analyst. Utter drivel.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Man gets top four for 20 years straight on bottom half table spend and he needs a tactical analyst. Utter drivel.
Tactics around the world have changed drastically in his latest years. It has become a lot more complex and analytical.

You’d know what I’m talking about if you’ve read through my last post.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes I think lampard has played right into Arteta’s hands.

1) Chelsea’s high defensive line. Space at the back
2) Chelsea’s wing back press us when we are passing at the back. We keep passing and passing in deep area to make their wide player engaged. Once he pressed us, space is left on the left side of our pitch.

This gives aubameyang plenty of space to use his pace.

They should have backed off and let our midfielders/attackers play. We don’t have many creative players anyway.
A good video to add on to my points.

Top Bottom