• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Barcelona do not want Guendouzi. What a silly rumour.

He's an Arsenal squad man ffs. Good potential, nothing more.

African Flair

I'm not into it either, but acting silly for fun is the point of it. It's a bit ridiculous that we expect young footballers to put on a rigid, serious façade at all times. It's not that deep. Bit annoying, sure, but nothing to get upset about.

Also, Trump looking to shut down TikTok has nothing to do with the silliness. It's because it's China-based. Part of the larger shut down against Chinese companies holding data - Huawei was included as well.
Yeah I guess just don't know how you can walk into a dressing room and being taken seriously while acting like a kinder garden pet on your free time.

I know and that a better reason obviously, the Chinese government is scary. Taking over africa and parts of South America without anyone taking notice.

wolfkidultman

Well, if he was the first one ever to from a two-man central midfield to a three then maybe, just maybe, your point would have some bearing. Most players can play a couple of different positions and when the only change is going from playing defensive cm to dm, or maybe lcm/rcm in a three then it sort of doesn’t apply. He made the transition from RB to CM quite brilliantly

You haven’t answered the question.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

You and and your bum squad never learn do you? You were doing this when Emery was going on his bum unbeaten run, look how that ended for you?

You and your bum squad also hyped up Luiz. Constantly collecting L’s.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

You haven’t answered the question.
Ah, yes I’m sorry. I thought I did but can see now that my answer was implied and clear enough. To put it more expressively; I don’t think your question holds any relevance as it’s pretty much the same role he’s playing now, albeit in another formation. And if you don’t accept that/agree, then my answer is that he would make the transition just fine as he 1) is playing pretty much the same role he would in a midfield three (this is the holding mid/dm to be clear, but i think he would manage to play on either side as well) and 2) he’s historically showed that he can successfully transition between roles and show tactical understanding of different positions.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi is a 30m player at best (personally I would argue he's not worth more than 20m which apparently gets you Ceballos)..... this swap deal makes Coutinho the biggest flop in football transfer history. Barca would have thrown 80 million into the drain because of him. We would be insane not to take that deal if Barca really offered it to us. But there's little chance of that deal happening cause Barca needs money and cashing in on Coutinho is far easier than doing so for someone like Dembele.
biggest flop in history is a tad unfair to say the least.

Shalmaneser V

Where's the next Ronaldinho at, or was he just a total one-off? That boy broke through over 20 years ago and still there's been no one like him.

I actually think Pepe is the closest thing I’ve seen since Ronaldinho. The silky tricks and feints are reminiscent of a prime Ron. Just a shame he lacks the footballing brain, finesse and magic touch to go with it.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I’m sorry, but the stat comparisons you’ve provided mean nothing when you’ve quite correctly mentioned that Buendia is playing a different position. Look at his skillset and think how that would translate when playing in our midfield three. I highly doubt that his chance creation would be as high as it is currently, bearing in mind that he’s positioned higher up the field and playing against pretty open opponents who have looked to take the game to Norwich.

You could've said the same for Dani at Betis. Or Kovacic for Inter. They're just not similar players at all. His creative numbers are so good because he's a creative attacking midfielder, and a very different type of player to Dani and Kovacic who you strangely compared him to. That's what we need and where he would play.

Seems like a strange agenda against him. He looks a quality player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I actually think Pepe is the closest thing I’ve seen since Ronaldinho. The silky tricks and feints are reminiscent of a prime Ron. Just a shame he lacks the footballing brain, finesse and magic touch to go with it.

Neymar is the closest. Pepe isn't anywhere as natural on the ball as the Brazilians.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
How come nobody has signed this guy yet? He looks better than Coutinho ffs
Think it's the stigma of being associated with the last placed team. Though Liverpool picked Robertson from a relegated Hull showing that quality is there even in relegated teams. We have to be fast if we ever expect to compete again.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Barca fans think we’re their feeder club ffs...they’re already talking trash about them giving us Coutinho for Auba + cash in some swap deal.

:lol:

Disgusting club, their transfers have been shambolic in the last few years. They spent €120m on Griezmann and €160m on Coutinho yet both were unnecessary signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom