• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leno or Martinez?

Leno or Martinez for number 1?

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Simple question, who do people want to see as our first choice GK next season?

Leno is up for our player of the year award whilst Martinez has been brilliant since coming in.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Leno is up for our player of the year award whilst Martinez has been brilliant since coming in.
This please

975f9d5761d3a768465dc2325ecf0a24.gif

Call it Latinoz

Moah

They have both been superb this season. I think it would be criminal to compare them now.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
They've both got two years left on their deals, right? I like Leno more, but keep the one the signs an extension and sell the other one. No other team in the top 6 has two top goalies, it's a waste of resources.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can’t go wrong either way. Martinez ahead for me because of his dominance on high balls and the fact that he’s waited 10 years for his time.
Yeah that’s what edges it for me too I think. Had a bit of a flap in a contest with Giroud but it was an awkward one. We haven’t had a dominant GK on high balls for years.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hard to answer this fairly right now so Martinez :)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Emi Martinez keeps up this form and is consistent then it has to be him.

1200.jpg

This was unreal.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I posted a week or something ago about selling Martinez because no one would buy Leno on his wages but actually f*CK that

Martinez is Arsenal through and through

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought Leno was our player of season at point of his injury. That said Martinez has been fantastic. It's a good problem to have deciding between the two.

I always like to go with form, so for me it's Martinez spot to lose now.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I posted a week or something ago about selling Martinez because no one would buy Leno on his wages but actually f*CK that

Martinez is Arsenal through and through

EeSE_TxXoAApW07

He clearly loves the club. We should be keeping players like him and AMN here at the club.

More hardworking players and less players like Guendouzi.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This game was 9 months ago. Martinez was **** in this one. He might have turned the corner but he wouldn't be the first goalkeeper to have a purple patch. I'd still go with Leno just because he has done it for 2 seasons.

Also have to consider if having no fans makes it easier for Martinez somehow. It’s a really hard decision to make, I think if Leno starts the first game we’ll probably lose Martinez this window. If Martinez starts the first game I think we could keep both for the season when Leno would then move on in 2021.

Just have to trust Arteta and the GK coaches I guess.

Top Bottom