• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think he's come into his own under Arteta. Not only has he gotten better at finding Auba with some rally great passes towards the back post but probably most importantly, he works his socks off for the team. He was back helping in the buildup after tracking back to defend in the box at one point early and you can see he has developed the understanding that although he's a flashy player expected to provide goals and assists, the little things are super important to winning matches as well. And frankly, I think part of that is down to the captain putting his head down and doing th exact same thing on the opposite flank. They haven't gotten anymore talented as individuals but the maturity and work rate have picked up dramatically and this is the first fruit of that work.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
El Pepitooooo

I dont get how dumb you gotta be to compare this guy to Gervinho. Even in a tough first season Pepe has shown that he has the ability to have elite end product. His issue has been getting involved in the game (Gervinho didnt have this issue but he was whack in front of goal).

He's a dead ball expert and strikes the ball better than anyone in the squad in my opinion.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Everytime he cuts onto his left:

nh1un.jpg

Vanpayslip

Man of the match for me.

Good to see he has dropped a lot of the negatives out of his game from when he joined us like when he used to try fancy stuff in his own half and give the ball away. Now he is delivering a lot more end product.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

His cross from the right is too sweet, looks like they’ve been working on it cause he nails it every time.

Made Chelsea defence look stupid with his dribbles as well he was drawing fouls. Made a few wrong decisions after his dribbles though, the street baller description someone made is true.

Shame his goal was ruled out don’t think he could have hit it much sweeter.

How could you not be excited about this guy? Glad to have him. He was definitely the catalyst to a lot of the good work we did going forward and I hope he enhances that next season. Think he’s got the most assists in the league for Arsenal.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Man of the match for me.

Good to see he has dropped a lot of the negatives out of his game from when he joined us like when he used to try fancy stuff in his own half and give the ball away. Now he is delivering a lot more end product.

Pepe was great, and I’m expecting big things from him next season. But wasn’t there a moment when he almost gave the ball away in our penalty area yesterday? :lol:

Vanpayslip

Pepe was great, and I’m expecting big things from him next season. But wasn’t there a moment when he almost gave the ball away in our penalty area yesterday? :lol:

I don’t really agree with that counting against him. All teams that want to play out from the back will make mistakes like that. The real issue is if the positives of playing out from the back outweigh the negatives. For us they clearly do.

Jakarta

He is a weird player tbh, has the first touch of RvP but the follow up touch of Gervinho. His offside goal was a thing of absolute beauty, technique like that just can't be taught.

He could have been even better today if Bellerin was more active offensively in that first half. Think a lot of the problem with him can be solved if these two can form a partnership.

Lol he would be world class if his close control was better. Was it Bayern who went against signing him because they didn’t think he had the ability to play in tight spaces?

Btw is it me or does he look like he has gotten physically bigger?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Looked the most dangerous player when we had the ball yesterday. Had Chelsea scared everytime he got it. Wish his goal had stood what a finish.
Needs to step it up now next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Feel like he’s being overrated by Arsenal fans to justify his price, he was decent yesterday but loses the ball so much. With him you know he’s gonna f it up more times than do something good with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom