• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

What I like about Emi is that he's the type of keeper that gives you confidence. Commanding presence. Doesn't ever look like he's in panic mode.
Can't remember ever feeling so assured in a goalkeeper dealing with everything thrown at him.
I like Leno, great goalstopper and topclass 1vs1 but a little shaky on crosses, worse passer(stressed under pressure) and can't hold on to balls like Emi can(glue hands!)
Gotta be honest, Emi should be our number 1.

Manberg

Predator
He got very emotional in the interview when asked about his family. Is there a personal story somewhere?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He got very emotional in the interview when asked about his family. Is there a personal story somewhere?

He had his goal and his parents believed in him so ****ing much. Had his dad calling him up until they had to go on the pitch, so to speak.

Imagine how much he had to endure, all the people who told him he'd make it and not make it. He had the smallest of shots at finally making it at a big club and he grabbed it with both hands.

nick gould

I absolutely love Leno. I even think we would have stood a chance against Chelsea in the Europa league Cup final with him in goal. However, with that said I would accept a 50mil bid for Leno with the knowledge that this guy will step in a fill the void. Why has he been a second choice goalkeeper for all these years? That's criminal. We should never have brought in petr, ospina and even Leno if our goalkeeping coaches and managers knew how to judge goalkeeping talent. The guy has played all these games and did not make a single mistake. While on the other hand world class goalkeepers De gear and the Liverpool dude make mistakes left right and centre.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think it’s been mentioned here before but Wenger pencilled him in as eventual number 1.

With Emery, Freddie and Arteta it makes sense how he could be lost in the shuffle.

Has any of the stat junkies got a game by game comparison between our two keepers? Leno has got us out the jam so many times I feel like a pagan saying Martínez might actually be the man.

Martinez would have the smaller sample size I guess.

Axel9090

Emi is playing like a man fighting for his life and thats unfortunate for Leno, but its just a part of football. Im obviously not kicking him to the kerb here though, Leno is fantastic. Having these two as our goalkeepers is absolutely massive.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thing I love is I have faith Arteta won't just ditch him because he's not the "number 1"

Just seems really likeable and hope he continues this form

Vanpayslip

Has to be first choice. His distribution is on another level to Leno and he is just as good on all other aspects. Would be criminal if Leno just walked straight back in.

Let's play Aubamawang

According to the PL website, Leno has played 62 PL games (26W, 20D, 16L) with 13 clean sheets and 81 goals conceded, with 7 errors leading to goals. 21% clean sheets.

Emi has played 15 PL games (8W, 1D, 6L), 6 clean sheets, 16 goals conceded, but 0 errors leading to goals. 40% clean sheets.

In Leno's defence, the team is currently defending a lot better than they have been particularly this season. However, Leno has only made 5 more high claims than Emi despite the difference in games played, seemingly favouring the wild punch instead. Which is fine to clear the lines, but it invites more pressure, unlike securing the ball and playing out calmly from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom