• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Shocked me tbh. Started sloppy like everyone but put in quite the shift. Now he needs to do it every week, no good if it takes a cup final for him to work his socks off.

He looks to be integrated with the squad now, was worried he wasn't fitting in. Nothing like bonding over a trophy.

mpower2540

Still think there’s a lot more to come from him, he had moments of brilliance and frustration. Overthinks it sometimes when he gets on the edge of the box, just get it out of your feet and whip it with that left foot!! The offside goal shows how devastating he could be, no messing about BANG. Ability is all there just needs consistency to his game and he could be massive for us going forward

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This guy was all class for me last night, probably one of if not our top performer last night. Unlucky his goal was not on, that was such a good first time finish & that probably would have put his confidence up even higher. I'm telling you, this guy will be one of our stars next year with Arteta as manager, maybe Arteta has put his confidence up probably has. He's also a bit quieter aswell obviously compared to Auba & Laca which may not help a little.

I think one of his issues this year has been his confidence, he's a top player but i'd say with his confidence up & winning a trophy in his first season he'll only get better. He'll have an off game very now & then as everyone will but as fans we can't put him down after 1 game every now & then. He's got top class ability this bloke, I love this guy.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His performances against Citeh and Chelski were fantastic. Not because of the skills and assists, but because he was relevant in the game from the first minute till the last. He has mesmeric ability- that left peg of his is seriously dangerous. The black Robben.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I can feel another #NobodyIsSafe campaign boiling up under the surface...I’m not gonna call anybody stupid for not seeing his talent but seriously...have a word with yourselves.
If it happens I’m going to be ruthless. Ceballos and Pepe have already embarrassed a few on here but Pepe’s (if it happens) would be up there with Özil’s. Probably bigger. :lol:

The worst bunch are the lot who deny his talent completely.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He worked his socks off and didn't hide. He looked for the ball and worked so hard positionally, in defence and attack. I've been critical of him and his game is still inconsistent and erratic but the persistence he showed today is what makes him look as good as he did. Allez Pepe.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Final stats for the season -

42 Games - 8 goals, 10 assists.
Almost a goal contribution every other game. With three managers, a new league, a new language and new country in our worst domestic season in 25 years without getting a consistent run of games. Two of the goal contributions came in our two biggest games of the season as well.

Stage is set for next year, some weirdos on here will be hoping he fails as well. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Totally agree with Adams £70m would have gone a long way in other much needed positions, last transfer window.

But he's here now. And after mostly a terrible season, he's starting to show signs of getting used to the pace of the Prem. Undoubtedly got talent and had a good end to the campaign.

If he kicks on I'm im.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If it happens I’m going to be ruthless. Ceballos and Pepe have already embarrassed a few on here but Pepe’s (if it happens) would be up there with Özil’s. Probably bigger. :lol:

The worst bunch are the lot who deny his talent completely.
Me, you know, I looked at it like this: Pepe was used to a completely different play style in Lille, playing on the break, mostly counterattacking. First half of the season he was asked to basically run past 5 men, getting the ball around the midfield line. Under Arteta he has to do a lot of defensive and pressing work, which he also didn’t have to do at Lille, and received the ball mostly in the last stage of attack. Knowing all this, all the adapting he has to do I am damn impressed with both his stats and his skills. But I’m a positive person, perhaps that’s the difference with those miserable fecks on here.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Feel like he’s being overrated by Arsenal fans to justify his price, he was decent yesterday but loses the ball so much. With him you know he’s gonna f it up more times than do something good with it.
Sanchez used to be the same. It must hurt that he had a good game yesterday and got the assist for the winning goal (you're going to say it was all Auba and Bellerin right?).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sanchez used to be the same. It must hurt that he had a good game yesterday and got the assist for the winning goal (you're going to say it was all Auba and Bellerin right?).
Indeed.

You can tell its gonna piss people off more than make them happy if this guy actually turns out good.

Decent first season. Good season all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom