• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Why would we do that? We gain literally nothing from it and actual do Özil a favour.
We gain nothing now but distracting chat and a squad place that we don't fill. We can take the financial hit. Or we pay him all season but tell him to clear out his locker. A part of me feels he might be embarrassed to be bombed out of the club. Who knows, but having him around is useless if he's not playing.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
We gain nothing by keeping him. His presence in training is actually a hindrance to squad dynamics and harmony. That's how bad this whole mess has become.
As long he's still under contract with us we always have the ability to get some type of transfer fee for him. Even if it's a 0.1% chance it's still higher than zero. Why would be forgo that and make it easier for Özil to sign for a new club instantly and get a tidy sign on bonus?

Also, is he really a hindrance? He's always been well liked by his teammates and it seems like he's got a decent relationship with Arteta beyond that fact he just doesn't suit his vision. He's not a trouble maker like Guendouzi that undermines the manager/coaches.

Manberg

Predator
As long he's still under contract with us we always have the ability to get some type of transfer fee for him. Even if it's a 0.1% chance it's still higher than zero. Why would be forgo that and make it easier for Özil to sign for a new club instantly and get a tidy sign on bonus?

Also, is he really a hindrance? He's always been well liked by his teammates and it seems like he's got a decent relationship with Arteta beyond that fact he just doesn't suit his vision. He's not a trouble maker like Guendouzi that undermines the manager/coaches.

I want our young players to look up to hard workers. Ballers who play with passion and love of football, if not the badge. Özil is not one of them.

Why do you think Özil's not demanded a move? Why, despite not playing at all in recent times, do you think his agent came out and said Özil will see out his contract at Arsenal? It's the 350 grand a week, he's happy to collect that rather than play football. This is not the kind of influence I want in the training ground.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He should be forced out.
He's a bad example to young players. The likes of saka, ESR, Marty, Nketiah, Nelson and Willock all have an impressionable young mind. Don't want an overpaid diva poisoning them.

Hopefully, BDR is able sort out this mess and Özil can fück off

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

I do think it interesting if he does stay because he's essentially retiring from any form of serious football. I get why he'd see out his contract if he was getting some minutes.

I suppose he's fine with that but can't believe any serious team will come in for him after he hasn't played for more than a year.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
He should be forced out.
He's a bad example to young players. The likes of saka, ESR, Marty, Nketiah, Nelson and Willock all have an impressionable young mind. Don't want an overpaid diva poisoning them.

Hopefully, BDR is able sort out this mess and Özil can fück off

why not just buy his contract off. Are we a club that doesnt keep its word?

kash2

Arsenal and Özil have an agreement. Arteta is an old friend of his and fellow trophy-drought-breaker, and would have helped everyone come to an agreement. There will be no forcing out.

The media carnival has ended. Özil is not being humiliated by being made to train with reserves or to sit on the bench...while Arteta is fixing the engine room and playing without a #10.

We will come to know what the agreement is, but it seems the situation has been resolved and everyone looks happy. We are happy. We won the cup. Özil is happy. Arteta is happy.

Some chronic people who are still to adjust to the novel fact that you can be a fan without having to keep hating something are also happy for this thread.

We have a manager worthy of carrying the legacy of Wenger forward. I prefer to let him handle the situation.

Yesterday, Arteta says Özil should enjoy the trophy and played a part in it (early games) which might mean we haven't seen the last of Mesut on the pitch.

Thats good enough for now.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not much to see here. The player will honour his contract. The club will honour the contract. The player will see out said contract.

kash2

played a part in the only 4 trophies won in the last 15 years by Arsenal. Deserves every penny.

GDeep™

League is very weak
By any means necessary
Like what? Because there is contract law, regulations.

Didn’t Raul try some dirty tactics to remove Abidal after he was diagnosed with cancer?

Why not just pay him off? You can get rid off him right now. Just do the right thing and pay the man his contract.

I wouldn’t want your employer thinking of ways to shaft you either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He seems to be a very popular player with his teammates, so I don't think that is a concern...if he wants to see out his deal, we just have to let him, the club offered him the contact after all.

Although it hasn't turned out exactly the way we wanted when we signed him in 2013, he has still had some great moments at the club...that photo of all the Arsenal fans outside the Emirates with his shirt after he signed was amazing, plus 4 FA Cups (and 3 Community Shields) he has been successful here...became a World Champion as as Arsenal player too and made my girl an Arsenal fan.

Just think about the times he was quality for us, he will be gone next summer anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He seems to be a very popular player with his teammates, so I don't think that is a concern...if he wants to see out his deal, we just have to let him, the club offered him the contact after all.
Why is your boy @Oxeki on the “Özil is a bad influence” narrative? Nothing to suggest this sort of stuff.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t want your employer thinking of ways to shaft you either.
I'll be looking for ways to shaft employee or get rid if he doesn't give a feck and his presence in my organization is breeding negativity in my work place

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'll be looking for ways to shaft employee or get rid if he doesn't give a feck and his presence in my organization is breeding negativity in my work place
There is nothing to suggest his presence is breeding negativity. You are the first person ever to claim this.

Again, Özil is protected by law. You can’t do “anything”.

Why not pay him? He’ll have to leave right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom