• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,466

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t want a guy who’s moving her purely for financial reasons unless he’s an absolute baller.

Willian is literally playing for a contract this season, if he joins us he will be deadwood in 1-2 seasons I’m pretty sure if it. He’s a good player but this signing would break me. Bit of a sideways move.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don’t want a guy who’s moving her purely for financial reasons unless he’s an absolute baller.

Willian is literally playing for a contract this season, if he joins us he will be deadwood in 1-2 seasons I’m pretty sure if it. He’s a good player but this signing would break me. Bit of a sideways move.

2 year deal would help us a lot, anything more is absurd.

Kysus

Have a feeling he is signing for us(he seemed so weird in the stands in the final, in an akward situation of some kind)

Would be a really good signing, better than coutinho i reckon

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Have a feeling he is signing for us(he seemed so weird in the stands in the final, in an akward situation of some kind)

Would be a really good signing, better than coutinho i reckon
Seems strange he's played no part in Chelsea's last 2 games. If he plays no part for them against Bayern I'd assume he's definitely gone.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Can't bring myself to be too exorcised about this one either way. If he arrives he improves our options and his wages equate to a reasonable fee for a player of similar ability for 2 years (even if we pay him for 3). If he doesn't, there are a raft of others that make more sense long term, but they have a greater opportunity cost in terms of $$$ and blocking the youngsters.

All depends on what the club's strategy is and where they want to actually spend money on the team. Certainly him as our Mikhi replacement would be more attuned to EPL and would free up transfer dosh for CB & CM.

Of course looking at options in the final third, so much is up in the air until Auba decides.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Willian actually turns out to be the cheap option which is probably why he's on the clubs shortlist.

Here's an example:
Willian - $0 @ $120k p/w for 3 yrs = $6.24M yearly amortized cost
Benrahma - $20M fee @ $70k p/w for 4 yrs = $8.64 yearly amortized cost

Obviously at his age profile and this being his last contract, it would be hard to yield much value from Willian unless he can continue to perform to his level. If the club pursuits Partey, Aouar and a CB at the sacrifice of a more expensive wide player, I'd be open to Willian in this case.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Willian actually turns out to be the cheap option which is probably why he's on the clubs shortlist.

Here's an example:

Obviously at his age profile and this being his last contract, it would be hard to yield much value from Willian unless he can continue to perform to his level. If the club pursuits Partey, Aouar and a CB at the sacrifice of a more expensive wide player, I'd be open to Willian in this case.

Need to add the sign on fee he'd get for signing for us as well. He's also asking more than 120k, no?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Here's an example:

Willian might have no transfer fees but we will have to pay agent and signon fees plus his wages of 120k seems really low to me.
I still think Willian is the best option, he has been Chelsea's best offensive player this season and will give us 2-3 great years.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He's on 120k right now iirc, using that as an expression. Of course sign on fee would need to be accounted for as would it for Benrahma, which is why I left it a wash.
But you can't sell Willian so is like only spends, meanwhile you can sell Behnrama and recover some of that money. If you are lucky and he does great you can even make a profit... You know like those teams like Dortmund does.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Not really excited about this. Pretty sure Auba, Laca and Pepe will be starting in attack if they all stay. Behind that we have the likes of Saka, Nelson, Martinelli and maybe ESR for the wings. Do we really need Willian then?

In any case I’d rather see us adress central midfield first. Taking Willian and his big wages on now might put a dent into signing a top CM later on.

teamsoutheast

If you want to rebuild team you don't give Willian 2-3 years contract who already 32 unless he is 20 goals a season winger and he is not
What if it was a short term signing until the likes of Saka and Reiss Nelson or Emile Smith Rowe are ready? Do we really want to kill the hopes of some very good youngsters we already have.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I certainly wouldn't be against the signing of this bloke for 2-3 seasons, Saka & Martinelli are probably the long term future in that particular position but they are only very young & will be good for experience until they are outright ready permanently I reckon. Experience is always welcome & needed in all positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom