• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

When my home town team, Raptors were hanging on by a thread to clinch the championship and a hobbled Kevin Durant who was putting in work went off injured, I swear you could hear the entire bar I was at erupt. It's just apart of sports.
Well it’s Arsenal so all logic goes out the window. Every sports fan knows you’re not celebrating the injury, you’re celebrating your team’s improved chances to win. If you’re 6-0 down and you celebrate Pulisic injury, yes then you’re a ****.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Yeah you are spot on, and as you said we would have two great European club tournaments. Also hate the idea of 3rd place teams in cl group getting Europa spot, unfair and rewarding failure. Scrap the group as well but money rules the world
I liked the Cup Winners Cup, where you got the best cup teams from the different Countries playing each other.
Champions League now has 'League' in it, as opposed to the European Cup, because TPTB want a European Super League.
That will come eventually.
Champions League Group Stages - is it the most boring football you've ever watched? Just total ****e
CL KO stages is magic though.
Europa League I can live with. A load of ****ty teams trying to get some attention for their ****ty team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think its time now for the creation of the British Cup.

The fa cup unofficially ended with the creation of the PL and the last ‘real’ winners were Liverpool in 1992.

Since then the competition has effectively become the English Cup and is no different to its Spanish or Italian equivalent.

The prestige and its valued heritage as English footballs greatest competition has long gone and in order to preserve its past glory, Daniel Levy should in earnest submit a motion for the competition to be formally declared retired as of the conclusion of the 1991/1992 season.

From the following season up until the present day the competition should be known as the English Cup and all winners of this cup should have their replica fa cup trophy taken and replaced with a new trophy to be the English Cup.

The record holders of the English Cup are arsenal with 9 wins.

This English Cup however is no more important than the English League Cup and I would retire them both and create one British Cup to run the entire season and include Scottish, Welsh and NI teams.

In total it would have something like 30 rounds, creating something incredibly unique and able to match the glory of the old fa cup.
https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fa-cup-19-20.10398/page-18#post-1336432

@razörist Disgrace to Ajax this lad.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
When my home town team, Raptors were hanging on by a thread to clinch the championship and a hobbled Kevin Durant who was putting in work went off injured, I swear you could hear the entire bar I was at erupt. It's just apart of sports.
A part of American sports and a part of American culture. Win at all costs, no matter how. It's creeping in here now. I find it a bit sad

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When you look at what was at stake and where we finished in the league, this is our biggest win since our last title imo. We had to win this so badly.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
How did this win rank among the most recent FA-cup wins?( Chelsea twice, Hull and Villa)
Hull was very special. When we went two down after ten minutes I thought we would never win another trophy ever again. Chelsea in 2017 was great too, very similar to this years and it was great to see Wenger get another trophy after all the disgraceful criticism he had got.

Villa in 2015 would rank in fourth for most I would think. A strangely relaxing final in which we always looked in control.

Hull was very special but I am struggling to seperate 2017 and 2020. I`d probably go for this year though because the ramifications of not winning were probably bigger than in 2017 both financially and for the future of the club.

1. Hull 2014
2. Chelsea 2020
3. Chelsea 2017
4.Villa 2015

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good to see that Giroud is as effective as ever. Really dominating CF:

The two finals this year and last year sum up Kos and Luiz quite well...one dominated Giroud, while the other let him win the game.

Kos could be in his prime and have played brilliantly the whole season, but in a cup final there would still be a slight doubt in the back of your mind of which Kos was gonna show up, sometimes in big games Kos let the occasion get the better of him and he could really cost you the game...think this mental issue was the only thing holding him back from being up with Kompany as the best in the league, as he had all the other tools.

While Big Dave could be way past his best and played terrible all season, but you would still back him to pull it out for you in a final...and this mental issue is probably what holds him back from being rated amongst the best, he can just never stay that consistent...sometimes he can be truly world class, but the next game he could be the worst defender in the league :lol:

Nicely done on Saturday, Sideshow Bob...nicely done indeed.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The two finals this year and last year sum up Kos and Luiz quite well...one dominated Giroud, while the other let him win the game.

Kos could be in his prime and have played brilliantly the whole season, but in a cup final there would still be a slight doubt in the back of your mind of which Kos was gonna show up, sometimes in big games Kos let the occasion get the better of him and he could really cost you the game...think this mental issue was the only thing holding him back from being up with Kompany as the best in the league, as he had all the other tools.

While Big Dave could be way past his best and played terrible all season, but you would still back him to pull it out for you in a final...and this mental issue is probably what holds him back from being rated amongst the best, he can just never stay that consistent...sometimes he can be truly world class, but the next game he could be the worst defender in the league :lol:

Nicely done on Saturday, Sideshow Bob...nicely done indeed.
Can’t argue with that. Comes down to what you’re packing in the pant region. Luiz just has bigger, fatter, hairier balls. You need those when you’re staring down the barrel, as he was yesterday.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Luiz just has bigger, fatter, hairier balls.

OIP.ExpSHsSDvHauC4I2hNOe-gAAAA

"Breathe it in Kos, just breathe it in."

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Manberg

Predator
I rewatched the game with a tactical head.

Arteta’s tactics seemed complex but were in fact simple. The whole idea was to drag opposing players out in order to make the best use of Aubameyang.
Lacazette as a false 9, Tierney moving into wingback, AMN dragging James centrally and ending up as our furthest attacker etc... It was the same as City.

Xhaka and Ceballos were pressing Chelsea’s midfield high up the pitch in a defensive role and denied them space.

It is Lampard who failed to react. Maitland-Niles did a brilliant job and did what the manager asked, but I can’t help but feel that if he was more experienced he would have been more decisive in the final third and it could have been a lot worse for Chelsea. The number of times which Aubameyang had space for balls to be played into was staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom