• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,920

Ashybashy86

No idea whether or not we'll be signing him either, but he played for nineth-tier Saffron Walden Town. Hopefully one of these types of signing becomes a Jamie Vardy-like success.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amusing coverage on Mazeed Ogungbo in training :lol:. I really do hope this new crop of defenders turn out really good. Would be great to have big, athletic defenders who can both defend and play the technical game.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Assuming these lads will go out on loan next season at some point:

Ballard, Medley, Swanson, Smith, Olayinka, Coyle and John-Jules. The likes of Osei-Tutu, Sheaf and Balogun probably permanently.

A lot of the u18 side that dominated the Southern league will be involved next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Assuming these lads will go out on loan next season at some point:

Ballard, Medley, Swanson, Smith, Olayinka, Coyle and John-Jules. The likes of Osei-Tutu, Sheaf and Balogun probably permanently.

A lot of the u18 side that dominated the Southern league will be involved next season.
You've already named most of them! :lol:

I think we'll see more of Sam Greenwood. Gone a little under the radar but he still has a good reputation and excellent technical ability. If McGuinness stays fit, he'll definitely be involved. Ogungbo could potentially be a starter for the U23s next season which would be interesting as I'd like to see what Bould+Garry does with him. They've done a good job with Clarke and even Medley's looking more solid.

I think TJJ is in an interesting spot to be honest. He could conceivably go on loan but I think he'd be useful to Arteta.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You've already named most of them! :lol:

I think we'll see more of Sam Greenwood. Gone a little under the radar but he still has a good reputation and excellent technical ability. If McGuinness stays fit, he'll definitely be involved. Ogungbo could potentially be a starter for the U23s next season which would be interesting as I'd like to see what Bould+Garry does with him. They've done a good job with Clarke and even Medley's looking more solid.

I think TJJ is in an interesting spot to be honest. He could conceivably go on loan but I think he'd be useful to Arteta.

I think Arteta will love John Jule's profile. Big, strong forward that works hard, but still competent technically.

He can a lot of what Laca does with more size and power. Medley is another guy too.

Perfect physique for a modern day defender, left footed too with good technique for a defender.

If he actually knew how to defend at all he'd be one of the top 3 prospects on the team. His instincts and awareness on defense are just so bad lol.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great news for the academy lads with Europa league football next season, few debuts incoming....
Smith, Coyle and Medley look the most likely although I'd rather see all 3 on loan. That said, Smith looks like the kind of player that will stick around and find himself getting minutes and game time. Will certainly be interesting to see who gets the rub and who does well as a result. Nelson, Nketiah, ESR and Willock will most likely dominate those EL minutes tbf, possibly Saka too depending on whether he nails down a secure starting spot in the PL. I think we'll see an Azeez cameo at some point and Smith will probably get some games. I'm fairly certain that it won't be that many that come up, and that might not be so bad as I'd like to see how a lot of them fare on loan. With Knapper in charge, he appears to be doing a crucial job in making sure the loanees are well looked after.

I don't know what next season looks like for the U23s on the fringes but it will be very interesting to see once next season starts.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Smith, Coyle and Medley look the most likely although I'd rather see all 3 on loan. That said, Smith looks like the kind of player that will stick around and find himself getting minutes and game time. Will certainly be interesting to see who gets the rub and who does well as a result. Nelson, Nketiah, ESR and Willock will most likely dominate those EL minutes tbf, possibly Saka too depending on whether he nails down a secure starting spot in the PL. I think we'll see an Azeez cameo at some point and Smith will probably get some games. I'm fairly certain that it won't be that many that come up, and that might not be so bad as I'd like to see how a lot of them fare on loan. With Knapper in charge, he appears to be doing a crucial job in making sure the loanees are well looked after.

I don't know what next season looks like for the U23s on the fringes but it will be very interesting to see once next season starts.
Think it changes who goes out on loan and when. The likes of John-Jules, Balogun (if he stays), Smith and Swanson could stay until at least January now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EeZDWrwXsAI6xOA

Your academy could never. :drool:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think it changes who goes out on loan and when. The likes of John-Jules, Balogun (if he stays), Smith and Swanson could stay until at least January now.
JB says Swindon want to sign Matt Smith on loan. League One at a decent footballing team - sounds like a shout, although a bit lower than the level I'd like to see him get an opportunity at. That said, I'd be fine with it to a degree.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great photo, one of the best things in football is seeing younger players play a part in your team.

Nelson's hair is an absolute state though, no wonder he has been the worst out of the four of them.

Get that sorted and I have no doubt he will be our best prospect again.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Great photo, one of the best things in football is seeing younger players play a part in your team.

Nelson's hair is an absolute state though, no wonder he has been the worst out of the four of them.

Get that sorted and I have no doubt he will be our best prospect again.

He is prob trying to grow it out. It's in that awkward stage at this point.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

JB says Swindon want to sign Matt Smith on loan. League One at a decent footballing team - sounds like a shout, although a bit lower than the level I'd like to see him get an opportunity at. That said, I'd be fine with it to a degree.
It’s rare you get a good loan for his type of player. He’s not physical and doesn’t have the legs that these teams like. Skipp at Sp**s is in a similar boat, teams lower down the leagues prefer the likes of Olayinka and Sheaf to smaller CMs. So saying that I think any type of loan is good for him.

I think our u23s are going to be really inexperienced this year, I’ll miss most of the season though sadly!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s rare you get a good loan for his type of player. He’s not physical and doesn’t have the legs that these teams like. Skipp at Sp**s is in a similar boat, teams lower down the leagues prefer the likes of Olayinka and Sheaf to smaller CMs. So saying that I think any type of loan is good for him.

I think our u23s are going to be really inexperienced this year, I’ll miss most of the season though sadly!
It'll be good experience for them, given that I don't expect many promotions, if any at all. The ones ahead should go on loan and some of the better individual U18 talents from last season should come up. It's a bit early but I think Bould will do a good job with them.

Impact

Established Member

Agreed entirely. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the heightened physicality. That will be a huge indication of his potential ceiling.

Interested to see what we do with Tyreece John-Jules. I think he is the closest player to the first-team currently. Needs a loan with a lot of game time and at a level that stretches him.

Top Bottom