• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm interested to see Zaha against teams who defend really deep pepe struggled without creativity around him because of it. I think will face similar problems i don't know who will sign him now maybe Everton will try again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Having the Zaha dream killed by spending it for Willian is an absolute disgrace.

Our dream did not die for this
the funny thing is Willian having better career than Zaha better numbers too but i guess we want Zaha because of Sauce him and Pepe on wings is dribbling galore.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Zaha could be better option because he 4 years younger and want to prove himself in big team.
Given the choice between the two i'd 100% pick Zaha, for obvious reasons. But i don't think either one is especially inspiring and neither one has had great output over the years. In any case, i think the Zaha ship has sailed for us.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Given the choice between the two i'd 100% pick Zaha, for obvious reasons. But i don't think either one is especially inspiring and neither one has had great output over the years. In any case, i think the Zaha ship has sailed for us.

You could argue about the player, but where is this "the ship has sailed" thing coming from repeatedly ? - it's way easier to get him now than it has been last year, actually around half the price and willing to force it.

And we definetely need a LW.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
You could argue about the player, but where is this "the ship has sailed" thing coming from repeatedly ? - it's way easier to get him now than it has been last year, actually around half the price and willing to force it.

And we definetely need a LW.
I very much doubt that the club will pay the £40-60m for him when they have much higher priorities on what is likely to be not a huge budget. Is the main reason we're seemingly going after Willian not because he is, at least in the short term, the much cheaper option? There has also been no credible link to Zaha at all this summer so surely it makes more sense to think that this is dead than to think that there is a chance that it happens. I say the ship has sailed because that's currently what things are pointing to, at least in my opinion.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I very much doubt that the club will pay the £40-60m for him when they have much higher priorities on what is likely to be not a huge budget. Is the main reason we're seemingly going after Willian not because he is, at least in the short term, the much cheaper option? There has also been no credible link to Zaha at all this summer so surely it makes more sense to think that this is dead than to think that there is a chance that it happens. I say the ship has sailed because that's currently what things are pointing to, at least in my opinion.

No chance for something like 60m, think it's gonna be 40m MAX, and maybe even lower with a player thrown in. Most probably even, to trick the ManU clause.

Palace screwed this up.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Zaha would be my first choice for a new winger, but I can see the logic in not signing him this summer.

If We sold Laca, I feel we could still get him and Willian, but it's unrealistic.

----------Partey---------Ceballos------------
--Willian-------------------------------Zaha--
-----------------Pepe-----------------------------
---------------------Aubameyang-------------

Torreria, Xhaka, Nelson AMN, Saka, Özil, ESR, Martinelli and Nketiah in reserve.

Sell Lacazette, El Nenny and Guendouzi and the net cost wouldn't be impossible. Wish list stuff though. Zaha will go to City or Liverpool's vench I reckon.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would take Zaha as a fan, but if I was in charge of the budget I certainly wouldnt be interested.

Even if we weren't signing Willian, I would rather spend the money elsewhere (even if we had money). Need to put as much as possible into the midfield and defence.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I would take Zaha as a fan, but if I was in charge of the budget I certainly wouldnt be interested.

Even if we weren't signing Willian, I would rather spend the money elsewhere (even if we had money). Need to put as much as possible into the midfield and defence.
Issue with Zaha is he would be atleast a 40m fee which on a four year contract is amortized at 10m + similar wages to Willian which add another 7-8m. 17-18m a season for another wide player when we have such creative gaps in midfield and defence is incredibly negligent, especially if we don't have CL football.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Out of interest, what if anything would you like to see us do with our attack this transfer window?
Depends on what Arteta wants to do with Aubameyang. Regardless, I would sell Lacazette. Get a creative CM in before anything else to improve chance creation for our current crop (I'd be happy with Saka - Aubameyang - Pepe). Aouar or Ødegaard is the dream, Buendia seems like a more attainable alternative.

If Auba moves centrally: creative LW to rotate with Saka. Grealish would be the dream, but I reckon he'll command a ridiculous fee. Benrahma looks good, but can't pretend I know him other than YouTube. In any case, a winger with upside in the 22-25 range to have a sellable asset if necessary.
If Auba stays wide: Depay (I like the look of Edouard but I can't pretend I know him other than YouTube compilations, Depay is a known player to me).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Completely agree, of the 3 positions we need Willian's is the least important to us, so to sort that for £18m over 3 years in great business. Partey & CB here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom