• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I rewatched the game with a tactical head.

Arteta’s tactics seemed complex but were in fact simple. The whole idea was to drag opposing players out in order to make the best use of Aubameyang.
Lacazette as a false 9, Tierney moving into wingback, AMN dragging James centrally and ending up as our furthest attacker etc... It was the same as City.

Xhaka and Ceballos were pressing Chelsea’s midfield high up the pitch in a defensive role and denied them space.

It is Lampard who failed to react. Maitland-Niles did a brilliant job and did what the manager asked, but I can’t help but feel that if he was more experienced he would have been more decisive in the final third and it could have been a lot worse for Chelsea. The number of times which Aubameyang had space for balls to be played into was staggering.

at the very start of the game AMN put in a beautiful cross to Auba who should have atleast hit the target with his header.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Good chance at winning it again this season but you're right, definitely lucky! :lol::trophy:
Milwaukee are gonna be a bigger problem this time but if they get to the finals this time they might win again as the team from the west might get ravaged with injuries like last year:lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Milwaukee are gonna be a bigger problem this time but if they get to the finals this time they might win again as the team from the west might get ravaged with injuries like last year:lol:
I disagree. One of their biggest threats during the series who is way better than Bledsoe left and joined the Pacers, Malcolm Brogdon. Obviously, we've lost Kawhi so I'm skeptical on how we'll respond when we really need a go-to for buckets but one can't deny the brilliance of this team. We're still a top 5 team in the league.

Ash10

I disagree. One of their biggest threats during the series who is way better than Bledsoe left and joined the Pacers, Malcolm Brogdon. Obviously, we've lost Kawhi so I'm skeptical on how we'll respond when we really need a go-to for buckets but one can't deny the brilliance of this team. We're still a top 5 team in the league.
Don't get me wrong, Raptors are a great team obviously & the loss of Brogdon will hurt Milwaukee. & Raptors probably have best coach as well but I think Giannis will go berserk in the playoffs to avenge last year's loss. & of course you lost Kawhi which makes Milwaukee a slight favourite

Having said all that, you are a top 5 team & one of the other 4 is in your conference. People are hyping up Miami but don't think they'll upset you or the bucks. How do you think Philly & Celtics will fare in the playoffs?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Don't get me wrong, Raptors are a great team obviously & the loss of Brogdon will hurt Milwaukee. & Raptors probably have best coach as well but I think Giannis will go berserk in the playoffs to avenge last year's loss. & of course you lost Kawhi which makes Milwaukee a slight favourite

Having said all that, you are a top 5 team & one of the other 4 is in your conference. People are hyping up Miami but don't think they'll upset you or the bucks. How do you think Philly & Celtics will fare in the playoffs?
Interesting shout about Nurse because he's widely recognized as a coach who doesn't have the x and o's but instills confidence and plays to strengths. If Giannis goes berserk and they win, that kills any chance of him joining us so I obviously want to see them falter.

I like Miami but I don't think they have enough. Jimmy Buckets turns it up in the playoffs but I'm still confident we match up well. I think Miami gives us a harder time than Philly. I really don't believe in them as they lost their best playoff performer and their shooting (JJ Reddick etc.). It all hinges on Embiid staying healthy, running the floor for full 40+ minutes and not getting into foul trouble. If that happens, they're scary.

Celtics are a good team with a great coach. I just think they don't really match up well with a lot of teams in the conference and rely on a breakout performance in order to win games. I think they are lacking another piece to take the next step. Teams I really like are Lakers, Clippers, Bucks and Jazz.

Ash10

Interesting shout about Nurse because he's widely recognized as a coach who doesn't have the x and o's but instills confidence and plays to strengths. If Giannis goes berserk and they win, that kills any chance of him joining us so I obviously want to see them falter.

I like Miami but I don't think they have enough. Jimmy Buckets turns it up in the playoffs but I'm still confident we match up well. I think Miami gives us a harder time than Philly. I really don't believe in them as they lost their best playoff performer and their shooting (JJ Reddick etc.). It all hinges on Embiid staying healthy, running the floor for full 40+ minutes and not getting into foul trouble. If that happens, they're scary.

Celtics are a good team with a great coach. I just think they don't really match up well with a lot of teams in the conference and rely on a breakout performance in order to win games. I think they are lacking another piece to take the next step. Teams I really like are Lakers, Clippers, Bucks and Jazz.
Jazz is an interesting team but I don't think they've got enough just like miami. They might cause some matchup problems but if It's ultra small ball Rockets vs Jazz in the 1st round it'll be hella fun.

I rate Brad Stevens as a coach but the team isn’t ready yet. If it’s Celtics vs Philly early on Philly might get bounced though. Though like always hinges on Embid's fitness & mentality

The LA teams are obvious favorites. As a lifelong laker fan I can't wait to see us win again but having said that Clippers got the better team, we've got the best individuals

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I rewatched the game with a tactical head.

Arteta’s tactics seemed complex but were in fact simple. The whole idea was to drag opposing players out in order to make the best use of Aubameyang.
Lacazette as a false 9, Tierney moving into wingback, AMN dragging James centrally and ending up as our furthest attacker etc... It was the same as City.

Xhaka and Ceballos were pressing Chelsea’s midfield high up the pitch in a defensive role and denied them space.

It is Lampard who failed to react. Maitland-Niles did a brilliant job and did what the manager asked, but I can’t help but feel that if he was more experienced he would have been more decisive in the final third and it could have been a lot worse for Chelsea. The number of times which Aubameyang had space for balls to be played into was staggering.
Exactly mate.
I watch every game with tactics in mind, very similar conclusion to yours.

For example, if we need to create space for aubameyang on the left, how are we going to do it?

1) We pass from deep, invite Chelsea to press high. Now there are space in behind.

2) Then how do we take their wing back out of the game? We create overload on the left, the 2 CBs shift centrally, as tierney shift to the wide left, AMN shift inwards to create the overload with tierney. Chelsea engaged their wing back upwards to prevent overload. Now space on the left.

3) How to make even more space for aubameyang, Lacazette drops deep to create a greater overload and dragging a Chelsea CB out of the game. Now there is even more space.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It was just beautiful! After 20 minutes (and earlier) I said to my cousin that Arsenal need to step up big time, otherwise this will get really ugly (again). And I said I feel we will make it 1-1, but afterwards I'm not sure.

Crucial win must-win at this point after the Europa League final loss last year and almost out of european competitions next year. Phew! It looked really bad first.

If I were to say 3 main figures for getting this FA Cup trophy, it would be Arteta, Aubameyang and Luiz. But thanks for the whole team and fans for believing. Let's give Arteta some time, surely he will deliver more.

Sometimes it is just so minor things that differentiate the winner in these matches, here too, but really Arteta dominated Lampard in the end.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What’s great is that seeing this trophy will remind the boys that we are capable of beating Chelsea and Man City.
Yeah. Great mentality boost for the team. Great for Arteta to get some respect and backing from his way of playing football as well. I remember he said in a interview after he got hired that they would get rewarded if they did the things he said. Small steps building towards something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom