• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I wanted to take that £60m for Alexis, even if we didnt sign a replacement that summer I didnt care.

Look at the situation it left us in ffs.
Also wonder how Thomas Lemar would've faired under Papa Wenger and a prime Özil instead of playing left back for Simeone.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah I wanted to take that £60m for Alexis, even if we didnt sign a replacement that summer I didnt care.

Yeah, and this is our last chance to get a fairly decent amount, or use as part of Partey deal. I like that he gets stuck in and has a good shot on him but for a CF he's far too slow. I know we said the same about Giroud but he scored loads and still does. Laca has never been a big scorer and I'd rather we play Auba there anyway, that was my argument last summer, sell Laca bring in Zaha. Not sure I want Zaha this summer but I do want Laca out!

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do we have any top clubs around Europe that can afford to pay his wages and give us 40-50m for him?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Do we have any top clubs around Europe that can afford to pay his wages and give us 40-50m for him?

Highly doubt it, maybe Atletico, anyone else who would have that amount of money are not going to spend it on a back up striker because that is all he would be.

He doesnt start at PSG, Juve, Inter, Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, any top club in the PL, only place I can think of is Atletico.

Bit of a situation weve weve got ourselves into with him, hes by no means the worst striker/back up for us to have but I'd rather go with Auba/Martinelli at CF and get a new LW.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Highly doubt it, maybe Atletico, anyone else who would have that amount of money are not going to spend it on a back up striker because that is all he would be.

He doesnt start at PSG, Juve, Inter, Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, any top club in the PL, only place I can think of is Atletico.

Bit of a situation weve weve got ourselves into with him, hes by no means the worst striker/back up for us to have but I'd rather go with Auba/Martinelli at CF and get a new LW.

Barca could be a possibility. He'd be a decent backup to Suarez, especially now they can't afford Lautaro.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Barca could be a possibility. He'd be a decent backup to Suarez, especially now they can't afford Lautaro.

Thats the thing though - back up, yes he could move there but I was answering the 40-50mil question, I cant see Barca paying that for a back up, even with how ridiculously bad Barca have been in the market, only absolute stupidity would get us that fee which I hope happens.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fantasy football now then, would anybody take Coutinho or Dembele in a swap for Laca? I'd take either even if we had to add 10 or 15m.

Laca would happily sit on Barca's bench you would think if it meant training with Messi, playing Fortnite with his boy Greizmann and a payrise.

Doubt that Barca would splash biggish on a back up but didn't they pay about 15m for Braithewaite?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I remember when we signed him people were comparing him to Ian Wright. He defo was brought in to be a big scorer, but has failed at that so the narrative is now he is a link player.

Honestly can't see who would take him, maybe Inter or Juve, but it would have to be a discounted fee. I'd take 30m for him and bring in Edouard.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

I think it was partly Wenger over-valuing his powers of persuasion and partly being pissed off with City who tapped up Sanchez all summer and then tried to low ball us with like 3 or 4 days to go, meaning we didn't have time to get anyone else. If City had just put in the bid a week earlier, the whole thing would have played out differently .

So when they bleat about Arsenal not being nice to them, the can go F themselves as they spent a decade trying to pick off our best players and screwing us around.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like it’s between him and Milik for Juve, need this to happen as I don’t see many other teams who’d want him and be able to afford him.

Top Bottom