• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,469

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Luiz had his tragic moments but credit where it's due... Helped in stabilizing the locker room, important for Arteta in setting up patterns of play and bossed the team to a trophy in 2 important games, in a season that otherwise looked bleak af. So underwhelming yes but not a disaster.

Still not fond of Willian tho.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t Raul take the deal off the table for Ramsey in January? We didn’t want to keep him.

You're right, they withdrew the contract offer. Makes the point even stronger in that case. We let him go and he wasn't considered a reject. Chelsea want to keep Willian and he's a reject.

Players go/stay wherever they consider the best offer to be. Pedro, he's a Chelsea reject because they're letting him go and haven't offered him a new contract.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Again, not a reject. Was you calling Ramsey a reject last summer?
Ramsey was only 28 last summer, 4 years younger than Willian, going to a big Italian club from a mid table Prem club on large salary increase. That's promotion surely.

Why would I call him an ageing 'reject'? You'll need to explain bro.

moloso

The truth is that not even Luiz was a reject. Lampard wanted to keep him.

Why did you make this up? I can vividly remember him in a press conference saying how he had told Luiz he wasn't part of his plans. Was a tough decision as he has a massive amount of respect as they won Champs League and he played through an injury in the final.

But yeah, part of his plans.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We certainly wanted to keep him.
No, Raul took the deal off the table in January. He refused to match any offer because it would’ve been too much for us, even though Ramsey wanted to stay. Raul even confirms this. As usual you’re wrong.

Raul and the club done the right thing, we can’t have Ramsey here on phenomenal wages really.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Ramsey was only 28 last summer, 4 years younger than Willian, going to a big Italian club from a mid table Prem club on large salary increase. That's promotion surely.

Why would I call him an ageing 'reject'? You'll need to explain bro.

We withdrew a contract offer to him and basically said we don't want to keep him, that is by definition a rejection. Juventus signed an Arsenal reject. Willian is rejecting Chelsea here, i'm not sure how that makes him a reject.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We withdrew a contract offer to him and basically said we don't want to keep him, that is by definition a rejection. Juventus signed an Arsenal reject. Willian is rejecting Chelsea here, i'm not sure how that makes him a reject.
Don’t know if that counts as rejection though, you can argue Arsenal couldn’t afford to match the great wages he was getting elsewhere and had to pull out of the race, and leave it to the big boys.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willian is not better than Ziyech, what are you on about?! Think by now it should be clear to anyone after all his great CL performances.

PL is very different from the champions league. Ndombele was brilliant in the Champions league. There are so many things to consider.

Not sure about Willian. Say you keep Auba:

Lw: Auba, Martinelli,Saka
Rw: Pepe, Nelson, AMN

Do we need depth in the exterior of the team? I'd argue its the interior that we need to improve on. Just seems like another deal to please Kia.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Don’t know if that counts as rejection though, you can argue Arsenal couldn’t afford to match the great wages he was getting elsewhere and had to pull out of the race, and leave it to the big boys.

I suppose, or you could say they didn't see what he offered being worth the outlay. We'll never know why they really did it. Probably Emery's doing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Giroud was our reject & he dragged them to a top 4 finish.

Luiz was their reject & he helped us win the Fa Cup.

Go figure.
Sound bites.

Luiz is playing in our 1st XI. How many games has Luiz cost us already? If he carries on making howlers, will we get top 4?

Giroud was bought for back up and didn't feature in 20 of their league matches, the rest mainly as a sub.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Most people disagreement here is 3 years deal seem too much and i agree with them about that it should be 2 years maximum.

field442

Trusted ⭐
PL is very different from the champions league. Ndombele was brilliant in the Champions league. There are so many things to consider.

Not sure about Willian. Say you keep Auba:

Lw: Auba, Martinelli,Saka
Rw: Pepe, Nelson, AMN

Do we need depth in the exterior of the team? I'd argue its the interior that we need to improve on. Just seems like another deal to please Kia.

Martinelli injured and won't be back until next year, also average at LW. Nelson, can count the amount of good games he has had so far on one hand (that's being generous). AMN at RW, come on.......If we keep Auba and sign Willian on big wages it's probably likely Willian will be on the left and Auba will be up front, no?

So really our credible top 4 worthy options are Pepe, Saka and Willian.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We couldn't afford him and he didn't want to work under Emery. He rejected us mate. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom