• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,499

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Willian is actually one of my favourite players in the league, but you simply can’t support signing a 32 year old Chelsea player. Never mind even talking about 3 years.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We couldn't afford him and he didn't want to work under Emery. He rejected us mate. :lol:

Bullshit.

This time 12 months ago, it seemed you would be signing a new contract at Arsenal. Then it was taken away. Was it explained why?

Yes. It was in the end. There was a lot of confusion and a lot of things were up in the air. The decision was made and that was the situation, so I had to look at other options. Arsenal are going through a transitional period at the moment. They have many great players and a lot of talent coming through. They are definitely going in the right direction - but my situation now is at Juventus. I have an unbelievable opportunity at a massive club. I just want to be part of this now. Hopefully I can help my team-mates and my club achieve some great things on the big stage.

Goonger

Don’t know if that counts as rejection though, you can argue Arsenal couldn’t afford to match the great wages he was getting elsewhere and had to pull out of the race, and leave it to the big boys.

Arsenal had a deal agreed with Ramsey. He came out & said himself he thought it was all finalised. He was happy with the offer and was ready to sign it. Then Arsenal withdrew the offer, that's when negotiations with Juve sped up, & as it turned out they were offering a lot more.

I can't remember exact timescales but was Gazidas still not in charge when negotiating with Ramsey, & not long after he left Raul pulled the offer?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
PL is very different from the champions league. Ndombele was brilliant in the Champions league. There are so many things to consider.

Not sure about Willian. Say you keep Auba:

Lw: Auba, Martinelli,Saka
Rw: Pepe, Nelson, AMN

Do we need depth in the exterior of the team? I'd argue its the interior that we need to improve on. Just seems like another deal to please Kia.

Can you really put AMN as an option at RW? He's being used as a defender or a midfielder, not an attacker. And apart from Auba and Pepe all the other options are very young, plus Martinelli has a long-term injury. Maybe the club just wants a bit more depth and experience in attack. Although I agree, the CM/CAM position is where I see our biggest priority.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Martinelli injured and won't be back until next year, also average at LW. Nelson, can count the amount of good games he has had so far on one hand (that's being generous). AMN at RW, come on.......If we keep Auba and sign Willian on big wages it's probably likely Willian will be on the left and Auba will be up front, no?

So really our credible top 4 worthy options are Pepe, Saka and Willian.

And Aubameyang.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal had a deal agreed with Ramsey. He came out & said himself he thought it was all finalised. He was happy with the offer and was ready to sign it. Then Arsenal withdrew the offer, that's when negotiations with Juve sped up, & as it turned out they were offering a lot more.

I can't remember exact timescales but was Gazidas still not in charge when negotiating with Ramsey, & not long after he left Raul pulled the offer?
Something like that, my memory is terrible but I’m sure Raul came in and wasn’t really keen on keeping Ramsey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can you really put AMN as an option at RW? He's being used as a defender or a midfielder, not an attacker. And apart from Auba and Pepe all the other options are very young, plus Martinelli has a long-term injury. Maybe the club just wants a bit more depth and experience in attack. Although I agree, the CM/CAM position is where I see our biggest priority.
Yes we targeting on spending big on CM and CB Arteta feel Coutinho and Willian add good depth creativity

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm not a fan of a 3 year deal, but he makes our first team better next year and costs us nothing. This isn't like Kolasinac, who didn't fit our style, wasn't better than Monreal and came on big wages. Willkan ticks all boxes except being 35 in 3 years and 1 week.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Why did you make this up? I can vividly remember him in a press conference saying how he had told Luiz he wasn't part of his plans. Was a tough decision as he has a massive amount of respect as they won Champs League and he played through an injury in the final.

But yeah, part of his plans.

Thats fine. Can you give me the source?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In terms of depth we need that 4th experienced option behind the main front 3.

Can't really think of anyone other than Willian considering we need to spend 30-50M on a CB and 45M on Partey.

Just makes sense to get Willian.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ziyech had a purple patch which appears to have worn off. Ajax were **** in this seasons CL and scraped a Dutch league. I'll go out on a whim and say Willian was better this year.
Hahahhahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Does Willian play LW?

Always thought he was RW, either way not sure I even care about the deal, sign him; ok cool, dont sign him; ok cool.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bullshit.

This time 12 months ago, it seemed you would be signing a new contract at Arsenal. Then it was taken away. Was it explained why?

Yes. It was in the end. There was a lot of confusion and a lot of things were up in the air. The decision was made and that was the situation, so I had to look at other options. Arsenal are going through a transitional period at the moment. They have many great players and a lot of talent coming through. They are definitely going in the right direction - but my situation now is at Juventus. I have an unbelievable opportunity at a massive club. I just want to be part of this now. Hopefully I can help my team-mates and my club achieve some great things on the big stage.
Come on bro, he wanted to play on a bigger stage and earn more money he said it himself. It's not BS. Ramsey wasn't ageing, and he most definitely wasn't an Arsenal reject. As soon as Ramsey left we dropped like a stone. You're clutching at straws.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Come on bro, he wanted to play on a bigger stage and earn more money he said it himself. It's not BS. Ramsey wasn't ageing, and he most definitely wasn't an Arsenal reject. As soon as Ramsey left we dropped like a stone. You're clutching at straws.

What he said was we withdrew the offer (that he was very close to signing) and he decided to look elsewhere after that. I'm talking facts and you're talking opinions. I'm not the one clutching.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

PL is very different from the champions league. Ndombele was brilliant in the Champions league. There are so many things to consider.

Not sure about Willian. Say you keep Auba:

Lw: Auba, Martinelli,Saka
Rw: Pepe, Nelson, AMN

Do we need depth in the exterior of the team? I'd argue its the interior that we need to improve on. Just seems like another deal to please Kia.
Very fair comment, I’m just convinced Ziyech can make it in the PL after watching him in his 4 games vs Sp**s and Chelsea. Ajax didn’t get the results they wanted, but he was the best player in all them games, it’s what made Chelsea buy him. I wish we signed him.

balthazar

so if the contract is 2+1 or 3+1, who then decides whether the extra year will be activated? Per mutual agreement, player only, club only, or whether the player has played x amount of matches, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom