• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,524

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
so if the contract is 2+1 or 3+1, who then decides whether the extra year will be activated? Per mutual agreement, player only, club only, or whether the player has played x amount of matches, etc?
It's the club who trigger the option.

Goonger

Sound bites.

Luiz is playing in our 1st XI. How many games has Luiz cost us already? If he carries on making howlers, will we get top 4?

Giroud was bought for back up and didn't feature in 20 of their league matches, the rest mainly as a sub.

Lampard went with youth at first, & seemed to be freezing Giroud out. Giroud forced his way back in after Xmas. When the chips were down in the run in, he turned to Giroud as his first choice striker, he turned up & won them games to secure top 4.

Chelseas best players this calendar year have been Willian, Giroud & Pulisic. The first 1 AM are crying about signing, & the 2nd 1 is an Arsenal reject as you would put it.

Luiz hasn't been great, I give you, but his performances helped win us the FA Cup. That's also fact.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm calling it now, Willian will flourish here while Ziyech will struggle for consistency and be regarded as a bust half way through the season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think this signing means Nelson will be off, probably on loan. We now have Auba/Pepe/Willian/Saka/Martinelli who are all ahead of Nelson in the wide positions.

To be honest I wouldn't mind selling Nelson now, if we can get around 20m and bring in Willian and a CB with the money, then its a great deal.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Willian is actually one of my favourite players in the league, but you simply can’t support signing a 32 year old Chelsea player. Never mind even talking about 3 years.

The age argument i can totally buy, but not that he comes from a specific club. Why is that a problem? Pride? (I dont have any, so i am curious)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willians one of those players it felt like we were lacking who just seemed quicker, more athletic, more spritely

Felt like we used to lose out in the athletic battle. AMN is another player that just won't be bested physically. Good to have players like this now. Auba too.

Need a few more

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think this signing means Nelson will be off, probably on loan. We now have Auba/Pepe/Willian/Saka/Martinelli who are all ahead of Nelson in the wide positions.

To be honest I wouldn't mind selling Nelson now, if we can get around 20m and bring in Willian and a CB with the money, then its a great deal.
Martinelli is injured till the end of the calendar year most likely so I dont think this signing means Nelson is off on loan atleast not till January

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Generally at top clubs you don’t see wingers past 32 though.

Bayern had Ribery and Robben even when they were +34! Ronaldo now is 35. Giggs was 40 when he was in MU. Stop making bold claims.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Favourite example of this is Adriano. Didn’t he go off the rails in almost every way possible?

Absolute baller who was over the hill by about 25 :lol:
Adriano never recovered from his father's death. Think that and injuries did him in. A sad story.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Willians one of those players it felt like we were lacking who just seemed quicker, more athletic, more spritely

Felt like we used to lose out in the athletic battle. AMN is another player that just won't be bested physically. Good to have players like this now. Auba too.

Need a few more
You watched Chelsea recently? He’s not athletic at all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Willian kind of "Petit" Sp**s too...where he had a complete tour of the club/training ground , only to get a taxi straight from White Hart Lane to Stamford Bridge and sign for Chelsea, like Manu did for us in 1997?

Anyone who does that to Tottenham, is welcome here in my book :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom