• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,455

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I stand by that post. We're conceding circa 50 goals a season, which is mid to bottom half table stuff.

Pepe seems to be getting used to the Prem now and the last few games he's improved. We've thrown a lot of money at that forward line and if Auba can stay, let's trust it, and put the money where it's needed.

Yes but we conceded less goals than Chelsea this year.

We’re not great at defending but it’s goal scoring which has become a real issue. We scored over 10 goals less than the top 5 which is embarrassing consider we had a golden boot contender.

I don’t get how going off your own logic where you said if you’re conceding too many goals buy a defender that if you’re flagging behind your rivals in goal scoring you don’t buy an attacking player?

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Stat attack:

EdnMuBuU0AEy3cf

EdnU3oDUEAAXPur

Ednc6XkU0AACdGi

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta doesn’t want Willian like Ornstein is saying by the way. Seems @OnlyOne was right when he called the majority of posters on here dumb. Pretty obvious he’s got his info from either Edu/Raul or Kia.

Emery didn’t want Pepe and they tried to say he did, absolute disgrace from the Arsenal mafia squad. It’ll come out down the line how Arteta was faced with a choice between Willian or nothing.

Hjalmaar

Arteta doesn’t want Willian like Ornstein is saying by the way. Seems @OnlyOne was right when he called the majority of posters on here dumb. Pretty obvious he’s got his info from either Edu/Raul or Kia.

Emery didn’t want Pepe and they tried to say he did, absolute disgrace from the Arsenal mafia squad. It’ll come out down the line how Arteta was faced with a choice between Willian or nothing.
10/10 for the mental gymanstics. :lol:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yes but we conceded less goals than Chelsea this year.

Were not great at defending but it’s goal scoring which has become a real issue. We scored over 10 goals less than the top 5 which is embarrassing consider we had a golden boot contender.

I don’t get how going off your own logic where you said if you’re conceding too many goals buy a defender that if you’re flagging behind your rivals in goal scoring you don’t buy an attacking player?
Given that we have a golden boot contender in the squad and that we created so few 'big chances' especially from midfield, shouldn't we focus on supply rather than on new 'finishers'? I know Willian can create from the wing, but to me it seems like we need to focus on our ability to transition to attack from midfield.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

I'm curious now - how do you know this?

Goonger

Stat attack:

EdnMuBuU0AEy3cf

EdnU3oDUEAAXPur

Ednc6XkU0AACdGi

Not a sniff of an Arsenal player near that top 10, we all admit we have big creativity issues, we have the chance with a limited budget & Covid-19 restrictions to sign the player 6th in that list for free, but AM is too worried for n case they get banter from Chelsea fans or that he slows down in 2 years time!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Given that we have a golden boot contender in the squad and that we created so few 'big chances' especially from midfield, shouldn't we focus on supply rather than on new 'finishers'? I know Willian can create from the wing, but to me it seems like we need to focus on our ability to transition to attack from midfield.

Yeah that’s my point, need to invest in attacking midfielders and wide players rather than defenders and defensive midfielders.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm curious now - how do you know this?
We’ve been linked with Willian for ages, his agent is the man who basically runs our transfer window, I highly doubt Arteta is the one suddenly pushing through a move for him.

Unless of course this is just a massive coincidence and the one player Arteta wants more than anything happens to have so many links to our technical director.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
One of his biggest attributes is being able to recieve the ball under pressure, keep it, progress play or win a foul. He has also has that burst of pace to get away from players. Very few of our players has that skill.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It may be my low expectations, but if we do end up signing Partey that's enough to count this one as a positive transfer window for me. That's a potentially transformative signing and one that's not easy to pull off.
Not sure. I don’t consider Partey to be anything transformative, not that I’m an expert on him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that’s my point, need to invest in attacking midfielders and wide players rather than defenders and defensive midfielders.
Need both tbh. But they're an equal priority for sure.

Average goals scored of 3rd to 6th is 66, average goals conceded is 45.

We are 10 off the goals scored average and 3 off the goals conceded average. We could choose to go either way but the sensible thing would be to focus on both. Signing Partey and a chance creator is the most sensible way to do that.

Willian isn't my ideal business but it's sensible business tbh as much as I don't want to admit it.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
No, Zaha was just an eg, what I mean is a player who costs a decent fee + top wages, or Willian! I prefer the latter for that position.

I'm trying to say that your "or Willian!" is a fallacy.

We don't have to sign Willian as an alternative, plenty of other cheap players out there. Don't ask me to name any. I don't get paid thousands of pounds to scout players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom