• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,262

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Given that we have a golden boot contender in the squad and that we created so few 'big chances' especially from midfield, shouldn't we focus on supply rather than on new 'finishers'? I know Willian can create from the wing, but to me it seems like we need to focus on our ability to transition to attack from midfield.

Exactly. But hopefully there are only a few on AM that still didn't get this.

Midfield and creative offensive players are the one big priority.

CB and defensive midfielder are important as well, but the success of our upcoming season foremost depends on solving that primary issue.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Need both tbh. But they're an equal priority for sure.

Average goals scored of 3rd to 6th is 66, average goals conceded is 45.

We are 10 off the goals scored average and 11 off the goals conceded average. We could choose to go either way but the sensible thing would be to focus on both. Signing Partey and a chance creator is the most sensible way to do that.

Willian isn't my ideal business but it's sensible business tbh as much as I don't want to admit it.

Didn’t we only concede 48 goals though so we’re three off the average?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
giphy.gif

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would just be so so great, if there would still be that one surprise deal nobody is expecting.

Willian, Coutinho and some other, younger guy, that helps us in the creative midfield task.

Obvious names we have talked about like Buendia don't need much more talk, but the profile at least.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm trying to say that your "or Willian!" is a fallacy.

We don't have to sign Willian as an alternative, plenty of other cheap players out there. Don't ask me to name any. I don't get paid thousands of pounds to scout players.

Even if you did get paid thousands of pounds you wouldn't find anyone for £18m over 3 years, No Fee is key!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yep I used the wrong numbrs.:lol:

Makes your point even clearer. We're closer to a top 6 defence than we are to a top 6 attack.

Fwiw I’m in no way happy with our defence. Probably never going to compete with the options we have at the minute.

This year though week in week out we get absolutely dominated in midfield, can’t maintain pressure or advance the ball.

Willian might be shocking value in year three but him and Partey would transform us overnight. They’re exactly what we’re missing in midfield.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
We’ve been linked with Willian for ages, his agent is the man who basically runs our transfer window, I highly doubt Arteta is the one suddenly pushing through a move for him.

Unless of course this is just a massive coincidence and the one player Arteta wants more than anything happens to have so many links to our technical director.
I can take a comment prefaced by 'I highly doubt ...' because then that is your opinion, but I take issue with you or anyone else presenting their opinions as fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom