• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
cVcUWKq.png

Here you go mate, best I could do. FBRef doesn't have a lot of data before 17/18 season.

What's interesting in addition to this is that in 17/18 he has very good ball progression stats, both in terms of carrying and passing. He was playing more like an attacking LCM, right?

Cheers bro. Posted this earlier in this thread, where it seems that he was interchanging between LW/AM. Not sure how accurate though.

To be honest it does look like he was stat padding against rubbish:

6iYVb9R.png

X4cUSMP.png

But then you could argue that they were smashing those teams because of him though.

Similar pattern of his numbers for Bayern.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Cheers bro. Posted this earlier in this thread, where it seems that he was interchanging between LW/AM. Not sure how accurate though.
I don't trust transfermarkt on this. Went back to check. He played LW whenever Mané was inavailable, but when he was fit Coutinho played LCM in a 4-3-3. Probably the ones from your screenshot where he's listed as AM he played LCM

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Definitely got the vibe when Laca was asked that he was probably going to be leaving

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, if building the team around Auba means sticking him up front and getting creative players around him then you don’t keep Laca. This is the last chance you get to sell him for any real value as well. Nketiah and Martinelli should be able to deputise for Auba. It probably benefits those two as well to make the system one where they’re latching on to chances rather than having to hold up play and do donkey work.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Links with CB's are so few only with Diego Carlos and his clause is huge seem we really want to get rid of Sokratis and Holding first.

Tomb Bombadil

I really can't see that we are having a good transer windows. I mean I would be ok with Willian if we swap Lacazette for Partey. But otherwise he's gonna take a place from our youngsters. All the other rumors are not great.

IMO we should concentrate first on selling players (Özil, Kolasinac, Elneny, Mustafi, Chambers/Holding, Sokratis, Torreira, Lacazette), then promote/loan youngsters and then buy a CB and a CM or great talents.

Give a chance to all the youngster we have and build something around them. Either they gonna make it and the rest we can sell for more.

GK: Martinez, Leno, Macey
CB: CB, Luiz, Saliba, Mari, Chambers/Holding, YG?
LB/LWB: Tierney, AMN, Saka
RB/RWB: Bellerin, Soares, AMN
CM: CM, Xhaka, Ceballos?, Willock, AMN, Guendouzi?
OM: ESR, Willock
LW/CF/RW: Aubameyang, Lacazette?, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah

Any youngster for promotion?

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like our plans are out there now.

Willian for the attack on a free, Coutinho and Ceballos on loans which enables the club to pay the clause for Partey.

CB probably depends on getting rid of all the bums and selling Guendouzi/Lacazette.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Coutinho Partey and good CB would be massive improvement specially if we sell Guendouzi some of our CB's if we sell laca it'll open opportunities for us to buy either CF or WF

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Coutinho Partey and good CB would be massive improvement specially if we sell Guendouzi some of our CB's if we sell laca it'll open opportunities for us to buy either CF or WF
Willian is Lacazette’s replacement no?

Pepe/Nelson
Aubameyang/Nketiah
Willian/Saka

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Willian is Lacazette’s replacement no?

Pepe/Nelson
Aubameyang/Nketiah
Willian/Saka
Maybe but we currently buying Willian while laca still here i think it'll open space for us to get another forward

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Maybe but we currently buying Willian while laca still here i think it'll open space for us to get another forward
Just planning ahead I think, Lacazette is finished here. The money we get for him will be used on a CB hopefully.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Idk if Willian is coming here to be a bench warmer. He'll definitely replace Auba on the wing if Laca goes.
He could too but it'll still make short and we not sure about Nelson is staying or going on loan.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully we can convince Sevilla to take Guendouzi and give them some money for Diego Carlos. I reckon that guy's gonna be a monster athlete for a good 7-8 years to come. And he's a handsome bastard, and if Arteta has taught us anything, it's that you need handsome bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom