• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,498

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I think this is a very important point. We literally don't have anyone to take corners after we sent Özil to the bench.
Don`t think Willian will help with that. I`ve been browsing the Chelsea-forum and while the opinions differ on Willian they all seem to agree that he takes awful corners.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's just had his best season for a while. Its our least important signing/position in terms of what we need so the window as a whole could still be great when you take our budget into account.

3 years for a 31 year old little guy reliant on his explosive power to be effective. We got Saka, Martinelli , Pepe, Nelson even AMN seems a waste.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think this is a very important point. We literally don't have anyone to take corners after we sent Özil to the bench.

Well we have Ceballos, but it doesn't hurt to have more options. And especially another free-kick taker would be good.

I'm definitely sensing a shift to Spanish and South American players under Raul, Edu and Arteta. Already we have Martinez, Luiz, Hector, Mari, Ceballos, Torreira and Martinelli. Soon we could add Willian, Coutinho, maybe another Brazilian CB in Gabriel or Diego Carlos.

It truly is Arsenal Club de Fútbol.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Arteta doesn’t want Willian like Ornstein is saying by the way. Seems @OnlyOne was right when he called the majority of posters on here dumb. Pretty obvious he’s got his info from either Edu/Raul or Kia.

Emery didn’t want Pepe and they tried to say he did, absolute disgrace from the Arsenal mafia squad. It’ll come out down the line how Arteta was faced with a choice between Willian or nothing.

:lol: you must realize how idiotic that sentence is since you're so above us all in the intelligence department

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes but we conceded less goals than Chelsea this year.

We’re not great at defending but it’s goal scoring which has become a real issue. We scored over 10 goals less than the top 5 which is embarrassing consider we had a golden boot contender.

I don’t get how going off your own logic where you said if you’re conceding too many goals buy a defender that if you’re flagging behind your rivals in goal scoring you don’t buy an attacking player?
Come on mate. That's like people who say money counts for nothing because Leicester won the league once in140 years.

Chelsea was an exception this year. Teams conceding circa 50 goals do not normally appear in the top 4, they are usually mid table or below. I looked back to 2008 and couldn't find another example. You've got to look at patterns.

Our goal scoring stats have been very good up until this year. Auba is a golden boot winner and if we can keep him, that's brilliant. Laca and Pepe are expensive signings and in the last few games there's signs they're working together,and Pepe's getting used to the Prem.

Our goals against stats have been 51,51, 48. That's mid table stuff. That's where our priority should be.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

There’s a reason he didn’t make the rent boys squad on Saturday.

Seems a perfectly logical though hardly buy for us post Covid-19.

He will basically be our replacement Özil option off the bench, but is guaranteed minutes regardless, for those occasions when we shift from 3 at the back into other formations.

All we need to do now is move Özil on, get Partey and another CB. Maybe one more.

Elwood

I'm trying to say that your "or Willian!" is a fallacy.

We don't have to sign Willian as an alternative, plenty of other cheap players out there. Don't ask me to name any. I don't get paid thousands of pounds to scout players.
Why would we want to buy a cheap player exactly?

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
People crying about his age are hilarious. This is the profile of signing we need to supplement our team. This is the type of player Auba will look towards as a key signing.

Nelson, Pepe, Bellerin, Saliba, Tierney, AMN, Torreira, Ceballos, Martinelli, Saka, Nketiah, Willock all aged 25 or under. We need proven experience.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How have you managed to shoe-horn that into this thread? :lol:
That's easy bro. People keep posting exceptions on this forum to prove a point.

A team conceding over 50 goals and getting into the top 4 for the first time in years, is not a reason to further neglect our defence ffs.:lol:

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom