• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yup, Pedro was also adamant about it, so all we're missing now is the John Cross kiss of death.
When Dean says something is certainly happening doesn’t it tend to happen?

I thought it was his minor rumours that have been massively exposed. I don’t even know who Pedro is but **** all the ITKs. Nobody we’re linked to even excites me like that so I’m happy with waiting for Orny.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
He said last week that we had made a verbal commitment not to pay Partey’s release clause and now he’s saying that nothing has changed even though we won the FA Cup (now we have Europa League football and more money). Basically suggesting because we verbally said we won’t bid the release clause Raul won’t go back with another offer what we happens. Clearly he has never been in a negotiation.
NsDXL6d.jpg

Imagine thinking for even a second that this man can be trusted. Even that geezer in the back knows he's dodgy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
When Dean says something is certainly happening doesn’t it tend to happen?

I thought it was his minor rumours that have been massively exposed. I don’t even know who Pedro is but **** all the ITKs. Nobody we’re linked to even excites me like that so I’m happy with waiting for Orny.
You still believe Camden? Guy's an absolute joke.

Cast your mind back to madness, he spent the whole summer hinting at Griezmann:
Then changed up later on:

Can't believe I took this guy seriously once upon a time :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The changed up later on:

He knew somebody close to the kit man or something at one point, I remember him flogging old kit. Hasn’t had anything right for about 8 years now.

say yes

forum master baiter
He knew somebody close to the kit man or something at one point, I remember him flogging old kit. Hasn’t had anything right for about 8 years now.
Think it was revealed that Frimpong was dating his sister some time back.

News dried up completely once Frimmy left the club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t Danilo 30 years old and more expensive than Partey? How is he an alternative?
Danilo is 29 in September his release very close to Partey and Porto confirm they won't sell unless someone activate his release clause.

Gunners1616

What a player... The total package. If we manage to get this guy and sign Ceballos the midfield will be sorted for years to come. We will still have to fix the defence and find creators but midfield is key.

His 45M£ clause (if its actually real) is really a bargain in the current market.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Then changed up later on:

I don’t pay attention to him so I don’t actually know. Aren’t all those tweets of things that actually happened though?

I think it was well known we were going for Reus before Sánchez, and all that Upemacano smoke didn’t come from nowhere right?

ITKs are all a myth anyway. The people who know stuff don’t speak until it’s clear to do so and they take confidentiality very seriously. I’m going to try and squeeze out some info from a friend of a friend who works on our transfers but he doesn’t like to give me info until after. :(

Reactions: A_G

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
One thing for certain I know is, I trust Raul to get a deal done more than I ever did with Gazidis and **** Law. Raul graduated from the same college as Saul Goodman. Raul's the type of guy to frame you in some weird incriminating Jeffrey Epstein type of sh*t and blackmailing you into giving up. Knowing Raul he probably got some rather lewd pictures of Diego Simeone and a pig in lipstick. But you never heard that from me.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What a player... The total package. If we manage to get this guy and sign Ceballos the midfield will be sorted for years to come. We will still have to fix the defence and find creators but midfield is key.

His 45M£ clause (if its actually real) is really a bargain in the current market.

Imagine having someone who doesn’t need to be babysat in midfield

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

rCMAIFy.png

Haven't included, but Zakaria have a very similar profile to Fabinho, less xG assisted but more Successful dribbles.

Ndidi in a class of his own when it comes to defensive stats.

ProgrDistance% is the % of passing distance that have gone in the direction of the opponents goal.

I've modeled it after Statsbomb, but one deficit is that they use percentiles to determine min/max values for each axis. I don't have access to that so right now so just using values I deem fair for each analysis

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So, this should end the discussion whether Partey is a DM or CM.

Well, it’s how he’s used by Simeone. They don’t really use AMs and DMs - he likes players who can share defensive work across midfield. Saul, Partey, Lorente, and Koke are all very tactically astute. Even Correa and Herrera.

Here he’d have more defensive responsibility which he’s very capable of handling but to me it’s reassuring that so many underestimate the quality and confidence he has in progressing the ball from midfield to attack.

We’ve always had to choose between someone who’s physically competitive and someone who can see a pass. This guy can do both.

Will be tough to get but a transformative signing if we do.

say yes

forum master baiter
The thing that’s bugging me about this signing is that Arteta clearly prefers Ceballos in a deeper role. Where does signing Partey leave him?

Could play all three, but I don’t think we’re going to solve our creativity woes with a Xhaka, Ceballos, Partey midfield. Coutinho rumours would also make no sense.

FinnGooner

Established Member
The thing that’s bugging me about this signing is that Arteta clearly prefers Ceballos in a deeper role. Where does signing Partey leave him?

Could play all three, but I don’t think we’re going to solve our creativity woes with a Xhaka, Ceballos, Partey midfield. Coutinho rumours would also make no sense.

Not that clearly tbh.

Arteta on Ceballos (SkySports):

“Dani is someone who has the ability to play further up, for sure. But with the needs that we have at the moment and the way that he helps us join the lines together, to make us more stable with the ball, we have to use him there.”

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Partey would make our midfield more solid balanced if we play 433 with Xhaka and Ceballos in 3 our midfield get bypass with ease and we concede like 15-20 shots a game we'll need options in midfield because we likely to lose guendouzi and Torreira. Xhaka Willock Partey Ceballos and Coutinho is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom