• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There is still no serious links about Laca leaving or teams interested. and there is still no updates about his contract negotiations.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Something will happen this summer, be it him leaving or (god forbid) a new contract. With 2 years left, I think Raul and co will do all they can to get some clarity of his future. I really don't think they would be stupid enough to offer him a new deal either. Hopefully Raul and Edu's alleged connection to these super agents helps us out a bit, but I think this one will play out till the end of the window. Ideally, we use him in a swap with Partey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Something will happen this summer, be it him leaving or (god forbid) a new contract. With 2 years left, I think Raul and co will do all they can to get some clarity of his future. I really don't think they would be stupid enough to offer him a new deal either. Hopefully Raul and Edu's alleged connection to these super agents helps us out a bit, but I think this one will play out till the end of the window. Ideally, we use him in a swap with Partey.
there no talks about we offering him new contract unlike Auba i think we waiting for someone bid 30M he has 1 year left not 2.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think we're waiting to see what Aubemeyang does, if Auba signs a contract then we try to sell Lacazatte more actively. If Auba goes Laca is then our main striker.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I remember when we signed him people were comparing him to Ian Wright. He defo was brought in to be a big scorer, but has failed at that so the narrative is now he is a link player.

Honestly can't see who would take him, maybe Inter or Juve, but it would have to be a discounted fee. I'd take 30m for him and bring in Edouard.
Yeah, let's get the unproven 22 year old who's the flavor of the month over an experienced and hard working player. That would take us to new heights. :rolleyes:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Edouard has a far higher ceiling
Great argument. I'm sure that high ceiling is a guarantee in terms of goal returns and work rate.
Arteta is trying to get experienced players in the squad who can guide the kids we already have and you guys want us to sign more kids, because Laca has been misfiring in a pants team last season. Always going for the shiny new toy. Childish, as always.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, let's get the unproven 22 year old who's the flavor of the month over an experienced and hard working player. That would take us to new heights. :rolleyes:

Experience and hard working :lol: Experience of doing what exactly? The guy has never hit more than 14 league goals for us. And yes, he works hard until about 60 minutes when he's blowing out of his a*se and needs subbed.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Experience and hard working :lol: Experience of doing what exactly? The guy has never hit more than 14 league goals for us. And yes, he works hard until about 60 minutes when he's blowing out of his a*se and needs subbed.
Oh, boy...another casual. You should watch how he's dragging players so that Auba can get into space to finish his chances and he puts in quite a shift in the middle of the park, getting fouled, holding play and having to sprint back into the box.
Let's see you do that successfully for 90 minutes by playing every 3 days.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oh, boy...another casual. You should watch how he's dragging players so that Auba can get into space to finish his chances and he puts in quite a shift in the middle of the park, getting fouled, holding play and having to sprint back into the box.
Let's see you do that successfully for 90 minutes by playing every 3 days.

Resorting to digs because someone disagrees with your opinion, very mature....

That's fine if you think he does that, but I can direct you to loads of games where this is not the case.

And of course I couldn't do that, I am not a profession football player.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Liverpool (Salah 19, Mane 18)
City (Sterling 20, Aguero 16)
United (Rashford 17, Martial 17)

They were the only 3 clubs that had 2 players with 14 Premier League goals or more. 10-15 goals is a very decent total for a teams secondary goalscorer. Only the three clubs above, Sp**s Arsenal and Everton had two players who hit double figures.

Lacazette had a poorer season this year but I would fancy him to get those sort of numbers next season with better creativity behind him. I would move him on if a large offer comes in but I wouldn't be in any rush to give him away.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool (Salah 19, Mane 18)
City (Sterling 20, Aguero 16)
United (Rashford 17, Martial 17)

They were the only 3 clubs that had 2 players with 14 Premier League goals or more. 10-15 goals is a very decent total for a teams secondary goalscorer. Only the three clubs above, Sp**s Arsenal and Everton had two players who hit double figures.

Lacazette had a poorer season this year but I would fancy him to get those sort of numbers next season with better creativity behind him. I would move him on if a large offer comes in but I wouldn't be in any rush to give him away.

For me is more so his style of play, and his physical limitations. I think we need a more athletic player at number 9, which would really help us in away games.

I think that given he only has 2 years left, the club will probably be offering him around Europe.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom