• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah Carvalho 26 and Terry 24, Rio 28 Vidic 25, Per 27 Kos 26, Puyol 30 Pique 21, Maldini 34 Nesta 26...these partnerships are usually similar age but older or one is significantly older than the other.

You could play a 19 year old next to a 22 year old in Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie but if you do that in the PL you're not gonna get anywhere near top 4.

I think if he comes in we will stick to the back 3 with Luiz in between Saliba and Gabriel. I think on paper:

Saliba--Luiz--Gabriel

is superbly balanced, and would keep loads of clean sheets.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think if he comes in we will stick to the back 3 with Luiz in between Saliba and Gabriel. I think on paper:

Saliba--Luiz--Gabriel

is superbly balanced, and would keep loads of clean sheets.

Arteta wants more creativity in the team and you’re not getting that buy playing an extra defender all the time. If we assume we play three defenders like you’re saying then you’ve got a midfield of Xhaka/Ceballos and Partey with Willian, Auba and Pepe up front. That’s a marginal improvement in terms of creativity compared to what we’ve been seeing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta wants more creativity in the team and you’re not getting that buy playing an extra defender all the time. If we assume we play three defenders like you’re saying then you’ve got a midfield of Xhaka/Ceballos and Partey with Willian, Auba and Pepe up front. That’s a marginal improvement in terms of creativity compared to what we’ve been seeing.

True, he eventually wants to move to a 433, but currently we don't have the centre backs or midfielders to do it. Tbh its all dependent on who we bring in this window. But in the short term I wouldn't mind us sticking to the 343, its a proven formula and would ease Saliba's adaptation especially.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Like this year Gabriel has been the junior partner next to Fonte, and we want him to come here and be the senior partner next to Saliba?

I think this an inaccurate way of looking at it, personally. If we sign another young CB, like Gabriel, we won't be partnering him with Saliba right away. It'll be Saliba-Luiz, Gabriel-Sokratis or something along those lines. You'd be looking at that partnership long-term, maybe give them games together in less challenging fixtures.

Tom349

Be interesting to see if Arteta sticks with the one formation or changes it up based on opponent and whether its home or away game. 3 at the back would make sense for away days and against the better sides whereas at home against relegation fodder it would have a negative effect.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seems like local media. Hopefully it’s reliable. Edu creating a Brazilian revolution.
could be i never heard of them when we linked with Pepe they covering North France and their sport page mostly about Lille.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Would make sense. Gabriel and Mari are similar molds. Saliba and Luiz are similar molds. Two-deep at CB.

Up in the air for Chambers, Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis.

Mavropanos replaces Luiz after next season?

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Any Kia links?

F3-ED9-AA4-8-C6-B-4-F76-BB3-A-B3662-BA8304-E.jpg

If we sign this guy I’m out.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Praying we can get this done. This lad has the tools to become top drawer.

People like to slate Raul and Edu, but the major signings they've made, as well as the profile of player they're going for, is encouraging. I think we are definitely taking a step in the right direction regarding recruitment.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he'll cost between 25m to 30M euros we were waiting until we qualify to Europa league to make a move would be prefect signing for us young room for improvement won't be in massive wages.

ChefMan21

I think if we have 5 solid CB options, we're in a good place (two playing, one out injured longer term, one recovering from injury and nearing a return, and one pushing the two currently playing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom