• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Still the most talented Hale End graduate since Wilshere. Just needs to add some power and get more consistent game time. There is no way the team can give up on a player with his technical gifts. Has the second best first-touch in the whole team, only Özil has a better touch.

Geofranco

The dreadlocks have increased his speed somehow.

He has always been quick. He has an explosive acceleration. Just hasn't shown in at this level yet. Has very quick feet in tight spaces with good footwork. He is more athletic than Sancho, but it seems Sancho is physically stronger.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
My end of season rating =5.5 /10
I would have gone with a flat 5. Not been a great season for him with the injuries and lack of momentum. The hope is that he can start pre-season and the beginning of next season strongly, but with Willian supposedly signing and us looking at Joelson aswell, it's looking tough for the kid. He has immense potential so I hope we are going to stick with him, we'll be richly rewarded if we do.

akhil

I would have gone with a flat 5. Not been a great season for him with the injuries and lack of momentum. The hope is that he can start pre-season and the beginning of next season strongly, but with Willian supposedly signing and us looking at Joelson aswell, it's looking tough for the kid. He has immense potential so I hope we are going to stick with him, we'll be richly rewarded if we do.

Think Arteta likes him, he just needs to stay fit and available for selection. He'll get his chances. In his last few cameos , there's some power coming into his game. Next year will be crucial for him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He done well every chance he was given, pity he was given so few chances. Think if we end up leaving him go it will be a big mistake. Probably our most technical winger right now, has a great all round game and works hard.... needs more chances to show how good he is.

Geofranco

He done well every chance he was given, pity he was given so few chances. Think if we end up leaving him go it will be a big mistake. Probably our most technical winger right now, has a great all round game and works hard.... needs more chances to show how good he is.

We have invested too much into his development just to let him go so easily. Wenger said that you find out about the level of a player by the time they are 23. Reiss just needs to develop more physically and stop overthinking things. I feel there might have been something personal he was going through over the last year or so. Ever since the second half of his loan move to Germany, he just hasn't had the spark. So I think it may be more than just bad form. The injuries and inconsistent game time didn't help.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
We have invested too much into his development just to let him go so easily. Wenger said that you find out about the level of a player by the time they are 23. Reiss just needs to develop more physically and stop overthinking things. I feel there might have been something personal he was going through over the last year or so. Ever since the second half of his loan move to Germany, he just hasn't had the spark. So I think it may be more than just bad form. The injuries and inconsistent game time didn't help.

I think hes been fairly dangerous every time hes come on, he puts the ball in to the box in dangerous areas, keeps the ball well and progresses it as well. I just think he hasnt got the minutes to grab the opportunities the same way Saka has.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm hoping the potential Willian signing doesn't kill Nelson's career here. My wish is that Willian can work with Nelson on his ability to remain involved in games. I see a lot Willian in Nelson and I hope he can tutor him. Otherwise this is a betrayal to our future.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Next season is make or break really for Reiss. He's been afforded a lot of opportunities at his age now, on loan and at the club to make his mark. While some have grabbed it by the horns like Saka, Willock etc.. Reiss is one with the perennial question mark. I think with ESR back and potentially another wide addition, Reiss will need to find his stride and express his talent to continue his career here.

Dynamic

I think it's a Gnarby situation once again. If we don't stick to him until he erupts, as long as it takes, he is going to erupt somewhere else and we are gonna regret it.

Reactions: roz

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Next season is make or break really for Reiss. He's been afforded a lot of opportunities at his age now, on loan and at the club to make his mark. While some have grabbed it by the horns like Saka, Willock etc.. Reiss is one with the perennial question mark. I think with ESR back and potentially another wide addition, Reiss will need to find his stride and express his talent to continue his career here.
Willock has grabbed nothing other than his **** during games this season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For his development he needs to be playing at a Premier league club where he plays week in week out. Willian coming in means he in way down the pecking order.

Being technical sound isn't enough, especially in modern football. He really lacks power that prevents him from being a 1v1 threat. He also lacks assertiveness imo, just compare him to Saka/Martinelli, their mentalities are chalk and cheese.

In the long run, I don't see him as a starter at Arsenal. Pepe is only 25 so there no way he plays on the right for the foreseeable future, and he is way behind Saka and Martinelli for the left. There's talk of this Joelson lad as well.

Think it may well be best for both parties for him to leave this summer, some things just aren't meant to be.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think it's a Gnarby situation once again. If we don't stick to him until he erupts, as long as it takes, he is going to erupt somewhere else and we are gonna regret it.
A33EC9B8D0535A947EE2D612077FCEDEA1547454

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
In the long run, I don't see him as a starter at Arsenal. Pepe is only 25 so there no way he plays on the right for the foreseeable future, and he is way behind Saka and Martinelli for the left. There's talk of this Joelson lad as well.

It sounds a bit ridiculous to say but Reiss could turn out to be a better player than Pepe. He has a capacity for association that Pepe doesn't have.

It's important to develop our assets wisely. If we send Reiss out on loan or fail to give him opportunities now we're likely condemning ourselves to losing him for very little, and a potential Gnabry situation (Gnabry was the superior prospect--he was a rare talent, you don't get players with his quality and decision making in the final third often--but still).

It all depends on if Auba moves centrally, for me. If Arteta can make it work with him in centrally then there will be enough minutes for Reiss to make his mark with Willian in the fold. If not, yeah, it's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom