• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think he will leave this summer, I personally like having a player like him in the team but I think AMN wants regular first team football with playing time in midfield.
I'm afraid he will too and I'd be gutted if he leaves.

In the current team he'd be my first choice DM and RB, but the most logical position for him is RB and I wonder if he wants to stay for that.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
He's my favourite player of this current squad. TBF not too much competition at the moment.
His attitude though - not wanting to play in a certain position, etc. has me baffled. It's a team sport.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm afraid he will too and I'd be gutted if he leaves.

In the current team he'd be my first choice DM and RB, but the most logical position for him is RB and I wonder if he wants to stay for that.

I don't think he will leave. He has a manager who trusts in him. He has played in a semi final and final, while winning it as well. Not sure that's something you just give up. He messed up, got dropped, then got rewarded for his hard work.

I think during a season where Arteta can only make tweaks here and there positonally, I don't think he could take the risk of throwing AMN into midfield. Pre season is a whole different ball game. If AMN wants to play midfield, now is the time to stake his claim. He has 3 years on his deal. There shouldn't be a hurry for him to want to leave or the club to want to sell him in my opinion.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't think he will leave. He has a manager who trusts in him. He has played in a semi final and final, while winning it as well. Not sure that's something you just give up. He messed up, got dropped, then got rewarded for his hard work.

I think during a season where Arteta can only make tweaks here and there positonally, I don't think he could take the risk of throwing AMN into midfield. Pre season is a whole different ball game. If AMN wants to play midfield, now is the time to stake his claim. He has 3 years on his deal. There shouldn't be a hurry for him to want to leave or the club to want to sell him in my opinion.
Let me just say I really hope you're right.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

When will you realise he's not going to play in midfield? You've banged this drum for ages but it has never got any closer to being a reality. We had Guendouzi banished from the squad and Torreira not match fit and he still didn't get a game in midfield. Now we're looking to sign Partey and keep Ceballos which means it's not going to be any easier for him. If he stays here he'll remain a utility full back. His only chance of regular first team football will be beating Bellerin for the RB spot.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When will you realise he's not going to play in midfield? You've banged this drum for ages but it has never got any closer to being a reality. We had Guendouzi banished from the squad and Torreira not match fit and he still didn't get a game in midfield. Now we're looking to sign Partey and keep Ceballos which means it's not going to be any easier for him. If he stays here he'll remain a utility full back. His only chance of regular first team football will be beating Bellerin for the RB spot.

I'm not going to stop. I have faith in him. You will see.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gio Van Bronckhorst was a great utility player in our 2002 Double too.

All top teams have players like that.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I know he has not been getting a lot of games since Arteta came in and we signed Cedric on top of that but he would be foolish to leave now. His manager just made him play semi finals and finals of Fa cup against 2 big teams (even though it was for tactical reasons). Mikel surely trusts him and will find a way to make him part of his plans.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ainsley is a top class footballer and really good athlete. I really hope he commits himself to right back, and improves his defending and intensity. If he does he is going to the top.

Would also allow us to flog Bellerin for a decent fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom