• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The thing that’s bugging me about this signing is that Arteta clearly prefers Ceballos in a deeper role. Where does signing Partey leave him?

Could play all three, but I don’t think we’re going to solve our creativity woes with a Xhaka, Ceballos, Partey midfield. Coutinho rumours would also make no sense.

I think it’s about options. In the big games you might want a three of Xhaka, Ceballos and Partey. In games where teams sit back and we need to break them down you’d play Partey and one of the other two with Coutinho in front of them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need more than just Xhaka and Ceballos. It's pretty clear those are the only two central midfielders Arteta trusts to do a job, and you can't go through a whole season with just that.

Funnily enough if we got Partey our CM options would be very similar to what Chelsea had this season. Xhaka for Jorginho, Ceballos for Kovacic and Partey for Kante.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What a player... The total package. If we manage to get this guy and sign Ceballos the midfield will be sorted for years to come. We will still have to fix the defence and find creators but midfield is key.

His 45M£ clause (if its actually real) is really a bargain in the current market.

Wish I hadn't watched this. I need him in my midfield now ffs.

He's terrifying.:lol:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

So, this should end the discussion whether Partey is a DM or CM.
Yes, but those stats are actually a bit worrying. I mean Partey looks the part the few times I've seen him but defensively he doesn't do a lot at all looking at stats.

I saw an analysis of why City have been weak defensively and a fair part of that came back to Rodri not being too proficient in tackling, intercepting and pressuring.

With Partey coming in addition to Xhaka, Ceballos and more creative options we address the athleticism but not our defensive weakness (unless Arteta pulls some masterclass in redefining the way Partey plays).

@Rex Banter I know yourself and Atletico fans rate Partey highly, what's your take on this?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

rCMAIFy.png

Haven't included, but Zakaria have a very similar profile to Fabinho, less xG assisted but more Successful dribbles.

Ndidi in a class of his own when it comes to defensive stats.

ProgrDistance% is the % of passing distance that have gone in the direction of the opponents goal.

I've modeled it after Statsbomb, but one deficit is that they use percentiles to determine min/max values for each axis. I don't have access to that so right now so just using values I deem fair for each analysis
J8Y9kVg.png

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hard to compare systems but seems like he can do what the current (safe passing) version of Xhaka does as well as progress the ball.

Xhaka will be forced to be more progressive or Partey completely and utterly benches him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes, but those stats are actually a bit worrying. I mean Partey looks the part the few times I've seen him but defensively he doesn't do a lot at all looking at stats.

I saw an analysis of why City have been weak defensively and a fair part of that came back to Rodri not being too proficient in tackling, intercepting and pressuring.

With Partey coming in addition to Xhaka, Ceballos and more creative options we address the athleticism but not our defensive weakness (unless Arteta pulls some masterclass in redefining the way Partey plays).

@Rex Banter I know yourself and Atletico fans rate Partey highly, what's your take on this?

Like @Trilly says a lot of it is down to system, Atletico as a team like to trap on the sidelines rather than just sit in a low block.

Also he’s not a straight DM, if you want someone to patrol the center circle breaking up attacks and not doing much else you’d be better going after Ndidi or Sangare.

Partey is a central midfielder in a sense that he’s a natural ball carrier, plays on the front front and links play in a way that Ndidi can’t.

He’s basically a Ramsey type midfielder who’s better at winning the ball but worse in terms of end product.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think Arsenal know about his clause long time ago. But we not going to disrespect A.Madrid and activate his release clause while they still have CL to play for and he said he focused with A.Madrid for remaining of season unlike Werner

Hopefully things have been agreed on the basis we pay the release clause, so yes, no rush if the player wants us!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully things have been agreed on the basis we pay the release clause, so yes, no rush if the player wants us!
Him not signing new contract should make things clear he waiting until season ends to decide we'll have to stay patient for 2-3 more weeks

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Like @Trilly says a lot of it is down to system, Atletico as a team like to trap on the sidelines rather than just sit in a low block.

Also he’s not a straight DM, if you want someone to patrol the center circle breaking up attacks and not doing much else you’d be better going after Ndidi or Sangare.

Partey is a central midfielder in a sense that he’s a natural ball carrier, plays on the front front and links play in a way that Ndidi can’t.

He’s basically a Ramsey type midfielder who’s better at winning the ball but worse in terms of end product.

Sangare is available for peanuts. There is a lot of Partey talk, but there are a lot of players out there who fit the fernandinho mould.

Arteta most likely wants two monster Cbs and a monster dm to allow his full backs to push and both wide players to tuck inside. If we add a striker who can dribble and hold the ball, you then have an interchangeable front 3.

Or will he play Auba central?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Think Arsenal know about his clause long time ago. But we not going to disrespect A.Madrid and activate his release clause while they still have CL to play for and he said he focused with A.Madrid for remaining of season unlike Werner
Gives us time to sell some of our own and build up a transfer kitty.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That does not sound like something Raul would care about.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We need more than just Xhaka and Ceballos. It's pretty clear those are the only two central midfielders Arteta trusts to do a job, and you can't go through a whole season with just that.

Funnily enough if we got Partey our CM options would be very similar to what Chelsea had this season. Xhaka for Jorginho, Ceballos for Kovacic and Partey for Kante.

Partey and Kante are completely two different types of player.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Sangare is available for peanuts. There is a lot of Partey talk, but there are a lot of players out there who fit the fernandinho mould.

Signing Sangaré would be shrewd business, which is why we probably won't do it.

Amadou Diawara and Danilo Pereira have been mentioned as Partey alternatives. Both are proper holding midfielders, so if there's any legitimacy to those rumours we'll probably go that route if Partey pursuit proves unsuccessful. Looking at a double pivot with Partey or a single pivot with a new DM.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Signing Sangaré would be shrewd business, which is why we probably won't do it.

Amadou Diawara and Danilo Pereira have been mentioned as Partey alternatives. Both are proper holding midfielders, so if there's any legitimacy to those rumours we'll probably go that route if Partey pursuit proves unsuccessful. Looking at a double pivot with Partey or a single pivot with a new DM.

Not convinced by Diawara rumours. He's black and a holding mid, so he has been linked. He can't header at all. Isnt that good of a tackler, Sangare is ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom