• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully the club are looking into it, it must be tempting for them to just pay a lump sum to Özil up front for him to leave.

I think the club would be up for it, but it all depends on Özil. 350k per week to doss about in Hampstead for a year... life doesn't get any better than that.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think the club would be up for it, but it all depends on Özil. 350k per week to doss about in Hampstead for a year... life doesn't get any better than that.
They have fortnite in turkey though so you’d have thought he’d be ok with it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Surely a loan to a Turkish club whilst we pay half of his wages is doable.
I doubt Özil would be open to this. He loves the life there in London. So I doubt he'll move. The only thing that tempt him to move is if a PSG offer to match his wage. The Paris life might appeal to him

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
we paid 8M for Doozi and a fat wage ....and he got 1 assist and 0 goals in two seasons, couldnt defend, couldnt control the midfield and couldnt attack. He behaved badly on the field and then had a falling out, and hasnt played since and didnt send any congratulatory message on the FA cup win.

Yet the vitriol is reserved for Özil. This is not a footballing criticism, this is plain bullying.
Come on mate this guy was in the form of his life before signing a massive retirement contract then basically mentally checking out. I know he played 3 good games in europe after signing that season but the difference in performance was massive.

I know that the standard defence of Özil now is "don't blame him for getting a big contract blame the club" but lets get this right. The club offered him this contract based on his performance preceeding it. Most people supported this descision at the time. And then this cretin gives up and his defenders still don't see the issue that people have with him.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Amy Lawrence said:
So what changed?

During lockdown, Özil became a father and was given a few days off to be with his wife and new daughter. After a couple of days back training with the group, there were a few queries over how fit and committed he was. When he was left out of the team, Arteta was hoping for a positive reaction, watching to see if the player would prove to him how much he wanted to compete for his place. Arteta, an ambitious young coach at 38 years old, has been consistent in his non-negotiables and expectations. He has made it clear when he didn’t get the response he wanted. That gauntlet was laid down at different times to Özil, Guendouzi, Dani Ceballos and Ainsley Maitland-Niles. Some bounced back in the way he wanted. Others didn’t.

And it’s Amy put through by The Athletic.
Would you believe iiiiittt!? That...sums it all up.

Three managers (Wenger, Emery, and now Arteta) have tried all different types of man management (from full on ass kissing to being challenged) in a effort to get Özil to consistently play a tune over the last 2 years since the ink dried on his contract. Arteta’s message is clear “get on the boat or gtfo” and he’s proven if you follow him he’ll get results and lift trophies. Özil’s made his bed, he feels he doesn’t need to change, so Arteta and the club are moving onwards and upwards without him.

Only one thing left to do now...
anigif_sub-buzz-2188-1513865039-1.gif

say yes

forum master baiter

Three managers (Wenger, Emery, and now Arteta) have tried all different types of man management (from full on ass kissing to being challenged) in a effort to get Özil to consistently play a tune over the last 2 years since the ink dried on his contract. Arteta’s message is clear “get on the boat or gtfo” and he’s proven if you follow him he’ll get results and lift trophies. Özil’s made his bed, he feels he doesn’t need to change, so Arteta and the club are moving onwards and upwards without him.

*Four managers given that Ljungberg also dropped him.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Bum squad will still make excuses for him.
bUt GUyZ iTs A cOnSpiRaCy, mESut diDNt TaKE a PaYCuT

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Özil looked really good in the 4231 we played before lockdown imo. When Mikel arrived; there was a definite upturn in Mesut’s performances.

He completely bought in to the new coaching ideas; the pressing, the tracking back, the hold up play. He was also doing his typical invisible link-up play that the cretins never notice.

Maybe a lot of you don’t remember how much work Özil did for the team pre lockdown.

Watch the games where Mesut and Nketiah started together, particularly the home game against Newcastle. Nketiah is a fox in the box; virtually no hold-up play.
Accordingly, Mesut became a 9/ 1/2 picking up the ball from deep, getting our other midfielders into play, and progressing the game forwards. And then turning around to create grub on dinner plates. He was doing the gritty "non-negotiables" Mikel asks for as well as the beautiful work he never gets credit for.

It’s weird, when we talk about Xhaka we’re happy to realise that he has his faults; but we also realise that when he’s played in a system that caters to his strengths he can be exceptional for the team. Why don’t we do the same for our talismanic player?

Let’s be honest, freezing Mesut out has nothing to do with football on the pitch; Mesut loves the club. He wants to finish here. This is a cynical ploy by a club who want to be rid of a highly paid player. Unfortunately, they’re going to destroy the legacy of an iconic player.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Özil looked really good in the 4231 we played before lockdown imo. When Mikel arrived; there was a definite upturn in Mesut’s performances.

He completely bought in to the new coaching ideas; the pressing, the tracking back, the hold up play. He was also doing his typical invisible link-up play that the cretins never notice.

Maybe a lot of you don’t remember how much work Özil did for the team pre lockdown.

Watch the games where Mesut and Nketiah started together, particularly the home game against Newcastle. Nketiah is a fox in the box; virtually no hold-up play.
Accordingly, Mesut became a 9/ 1/2 picking up the ball from deep, getting our other midfielders into play, and progressing the game forwards. And then turning around to create grub on dinner plates. He was doing the gritty "non-negotiables" Mikel asks for as well as the beautiful work he never gets credit for.

It’s weird, when we talk about Xhaka we’re happy to realise that he has his faults; but we also realise that when he’s played in a system that caters to his strengths he can be exceptional for the team. Why don’t we do the same for our talismanic player?

Let’s be honest, freezing Mesut out has nothing to do with football on the pitch; Mesut loves the club. He wants to finish here. This is a cynical ploy by a club who want to be rid of a highly paid player. Unfortunately, they’re going to destroy the legacy of an iconic player.

Wow, what a great first post from myself. Why can't I like my own posts?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

No one knows.

If you like him, dont like him or dont give a **** its not public whats going on.

roz

Fake News Merchant
:lol:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police

I read reports he'd like to stay beyond this season tbf. It's not his fault he got the contract.

Ideal scenario; What does AM imagine Mesut doing when his playing career is over?
Could you guys imagine him staying on in our structure somehow? I can't. Isn't it the dream for all of our talismanic players to stay on somehow and contribute to a healthy club structure? Say what you want about Mesut but he could influence a generation of upcoming Hale End midfielders.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This guy must be a troll?

I mean there’s little proof but I think it’s safe to say at this stage Özil doesn’t give a sh*t about Arsenal :lol:

The reason he even joined is long gone (Wenger).

Reactions: roz

GDeep™

League is very weak
I read reports he'd like to stay beyond this season tbf. It's not his fault he got the contract.

Ideal scenario; What does AM imagine Mesut doing when his playing career is over?
Could you guys imagine him staying on in our structure somehow? I can't. Isn't it the dream for all of our talismanic players to stay on somehow and contribute to a healthy club structure? Say what you want about Mesut but he could influence a generation of upcoming Hale End midfielders.
Nice to read some sensible posts in here that aren’t all mine. Welcome.

With my contract running out this forum is going to need you.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Nice to read some sensible posts in here that aren’t all mine. Welcome.

With my contract running out this forum is going to need you.

Thanks mate. I've been lurking for a while tbf. When I saw the Athletic post this morning I knew the usual bummyboy agenda merchants would be in this thread whiffling and waffling about Özil as usual. I had to step in.

Am I doing it right? @GDeep™

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom