• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Barca fans think we’re their feeder club ffs...they’re already talking trash about them giving us Coutinho for Auba + cash in some swap deal.

:lol:

Disgusting club, their transfers have been shambolic in the last few years. They spent €120m on Griezmann and €160m on Coutinho yet both were unnecessary signings.

They've messed up badly over the last years and still have managed to stay relatively successfull, but it's more or less due to having the best player of all time and Suarez carrying you there.

Can't imagine Barcelona when they soon will lose Messi and Suarez whilst having a billion of debt. Completely finished

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@14Henry

We can agree to disagree. But you cant disagree that Coutinho would add something to the team, you also can't disagree that despite your opinions on his overall performance levels he puts up significant numbers every single season no matter where he is.

13 goals and assists in his first season for Barca in just 1300 minutes and a similar amount in his loan at Bayern. You may say he hasnt performed, but he wasn't even getting a good opportunity.

Just because the fee was huge, which wasn't his fault, doesnt mean he's a poor footballer or he had a really bad season.

We need goals and assists from midfield, he adds that and for maybe only 15m for the year. Then you go big next season when Özil is also gone or you resign Coutinho IF he has performed well.

You keep banging on about Beundia but in the long run he isnt the answer.

Coutinho is going to guarantee you at least 12 G/A in the league for a season and will break down low blocks very well. For £15M on loan its an absolute snip.

Also saying hes only had 18 months at a top level in his whole career is fabricated from your imagination.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agree with this logic, it’s just that nobody trusts the club at the moment.

I have to admit that Buendia is still a risky signing, he passes the stats and eye test but it always makes me a little nervous when none of the big clubs are linked to a player.

I’d rather do Coutinho for one year then go all out for an attacking mid next year (or even Coutinho if he does well) than shop in that ~30M bracket. We really haven’t done well when shopping in that price range, it makes me nervous.

On my wavelength. The logical wavelength. But some bums here just want Buendia for the sake of it.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Absolutely don't want this guy, for reasons mentioned many times in this thread. Much rather spend the money towards a mid-term rebuild.

That being said, he'd probably help us get some goals against teams that we're finding hard to break down.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we switch 433 and we don't want to spend big on attacking mid then Coutinho make sense for 1 season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pepe and Coutinho as inverted wingers with Bellerin, Tierney, Saka or AMN on the overlap.

My body is ready.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

They've messed up badly over the last years and still have managed to stay relatively successfull, but it's more or less due to having the best player of all time and Suarez carrying you there.

Can't imagine Barcelona when they soon will lose Messi and Suarez whilst having a billion of debt. Completely finished

Will be glorious. Can't wait. My most hated foreign club by a mile.

HomeSteak

Established Member

relatively ?

Let's play Aubamawang

I like Coutinho as a player, but given the lack of minutes and shortened pre-season, he could be seriously short of match fitness. And if it's £15m for a loan, I'd rather put the money towards Szoboszlai.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I like Coutinho as a player, but given the lack of minutes and shortened pre-season, he could be seriously short of match fitness. And if it's £15m for a loan, I'd rather put the money towards Szoboszlai.

He has got at least 3 more matches he could feature in for Bayern.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel too :drool:
I'm trying to be realistic/not jinx it. No way we do all of this in one summer, if we do I'll order our third kit as well to help pay for some of the business.

That's a big thing for me. I usually get one every three years.:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it was Willian or Coutinho btw. Wouldn't be like the Arsenal I know to sign both. That transforms our attack immensely.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm trying to be realistic/not jinx it. No way we do all of this in one summer, if we do I'll order our third kit as well to help pay for some of the business.

That's a big thing for me. I usually get one every three years.:lol:

Gabriel - £28M
Partey - £45M
Coutinho - loan at around £15M for the year inc half his wages
Willian - probably around £10M inc signing on fee and first yr wages

Arteta wanted a playmaker, wide player, CB and Partey so I think its doable.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
problem I suspect is that he doesn't want to play for us, and didn't want to play for Bayern, and for that alone I don't want him here

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think it was Willian or Coutinho btw. Wouldn't be like the Arsenal I know to sign both. That transforms our attack immensely.

We lack a lot of depth in attack though. Martinelli is out until next year and Saka is the only credible backup option for LW/RW. If Pepe got injured for a lengthy period of time I’d hate to be playing Nelson every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom