• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The revenue is directly linked to the team's performance, especially now, so it makes sense to a degree. Still very disappointing that this is considered a necessary measure.

The world we live in encourages this reptilian mindset for sure, and on some level people aspire to be like billionaires themselves, which is why so many people are apologists for them no matter how much they screw people over. KSE is more than capable of keeping these people employed but they choose not to.

Believe it or not, poverty isn't just something that happens in third world countries - it's right on your doorstep too.

I meant with the 55 people. If you haven't been actively searching for another job for the past 5 or 6 months while being paid by the club knowing full well football might not come back/you may not be needed then i'm sorry but i just cannot sympathise.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@dashsnow17 why would you bash the club without knowing the ins and outs? That doesn't make sense at all. In every business you have people who may not be pulling their weight, simple way of life, lazy people are everywhere.

Why would you assume these people are lazy or bad at their jobs? Nobody knows the details of this, but I find it weird that you instinctively side with the bosses and not with the workers. It suggests all you care about is transfers and maintaining this belief that Arsenal should always be able to spend "between 50-80m" every summer or whatever.

I find your whole approach really f*cking weird. Transfers are fun to talk about but they're not the be all and end all, especially when it comes to people's actual livelihoods. I especially find it weird when fans defend the actions of the club they support when those actions are detrimental to the class of people to which most fans belong.

No war but class war.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully they get a decent redundancy package to keep them sweet for long enough that they can find some work. I wouldn’t wish job seekers allowance on anyone. UK unemployment benefits are a disgrace. Glad I live in Sweden in that regard.
I've been so close to smashing my Job Centre up in the past, I have to remind myself that the people who work there are just the poor grunts (although some of them are pricks).

Hopefully their redundancy is much better than mine when I left William Hill :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I've been so close to smashing my Job Centre up in the past, I have to remind myself that the people who work there are just the poor grunts (although some of them are pricks).

Hopefully their redundancy is much better than mine when I left William Hill :lol:

If you really want to you can quite easily get a job these days. There's always something available in different walks of life.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Imagine being 26 and this thick.

Nothing thick about. Wether its a labourer or a bar tender, or a shop assistant/Shelve stacker. There are jobs available if you need income and you can do it. If you were made redundant but refused a job labouring for some cash because you didn't want to do it then that's your problem. Piece of crap.

Tbh you're just throwing insults at me now, just **** off, you're quite simply a muck spreader of negativity. Just do one, the club have been good to these people in the past few months but ****ing fools like you will just take one thing and run with it. Sick to the teeth of you. Pig.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nothing thick about. Wether its a labourer or a bar tender, or a shop assistant/Shelve stacker. There are jobs available if you need income and you can do it. If you were made redundant but refused a job labouring for some cash because you didn't want to do it then that's your problem. Piece of crap.

Tbh you're just throwing insults at me now, just **** off, you're quite simply a muck spreader of negativity. Just do one, the club have been good to these people in the past few months but ****ing fools like you will just take one thing and run with it. Sick to the teeth of you. Pig.

I think the issue here is you don’t have an ounce of sympathy for those involved. I myself don’t subscribe to the idea the club should just keep paying them but I can still feel bad for those concerned and understand that they’re probably going to have it quite bad for the next 6-12 months. You’re living in some make believe world where anyone can find work at a time where most businesses are actively letting people go.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Are we giving up on scouting and just going all in on agents then? If you're financially limited as we are and claim to be you don't fire the people that find you cheap options which you can profit on. This would make no sense at all.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Don’t think it’s right to assume things when you don’t really know what situation those people may be in.

You can apply blanket statements like “they won’t starve” or “there are jobs out there” but each and every one of those 55 individuals will have their own issues with being made redundant (some will fare worse than others).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The revenue is directly linked to the team's performance, especially now, so it makes sense to a degree. Still very disappointing that this is considered a necessary measure.

The world we live in encourages this reptilian mindset for sure, and on some level people aspire to be like billionaires themselves, which is why so many people are apologists for them no matter how much they screw people over. KSE is more than capable of keeping these people employed but they choose not to.

Yeah ideally we wouldn’t be ran on a self sustaining model when our owner has increased his wealth by hundreds of millions alone during this pandemic.

Still though, with the club ran the way it is, everything should be focused on the pitch because if we slip to an Everton or West Ham level then many more people at all levels will be out of work.

I had wondered if the club would make redundancies outside of Covid based on how we’ve fallen out of the CL in recent years and the money from it is so key to the club as a whole.

Also you raise a great point, billionaire apologists are some of the most pathetic people I’ve seen in recent years.

People seem to think that if they act like heartless business chiefs then they’ll eventually become one when in reality despite high profile exceptions like Mark Zuckerburg the vast majority of wealth is inherited.

You can’t pull yourself up by your bootstraps to become like Kroenke. It’s a rigged game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom