• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
What the club saves from this is probably not more than £1,500,000 a year - Kronke's wealth has increased by $30,000,000 a week during lockdown.

Morality and wealth are not linked and I don't believe wealthy people have an automatic obligation to help poorer people where there is no relationship. But this guy owns the club and these are Arsenal people who are affected. Keeping them on won't make him a pauper.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What sucks about this, is that if we end up successful on the field, fans will close their eyes and ears as far as our business dealings are concerned.

Right until we end up like how Barcelona are now (with far less success).

Start as you mean to go on. We can't put short term success ahead of the long term health of the club.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Would be interesting to know some details about this.

- How many employees are sacked normally every year?
- Maybe their got their wage for some months to survive?
- Fired for ever or just for a time?

Probably we won't get details about this.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Any chance this could affect the players relationship with Arteta?

Not only where we one of the only clubs to put players on a pay cut they’ve done gone against what it was for.

Could see some resentment if they feel he hasn’t got their backs.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Any chance this could affect the players relationship with Arteta?

Not only where we one of the only clubs to put players on a pay cut they’ve done gone against what it was for.

Could see some resentment if they feel he hasn’t got their backs.

Depends exactly what they got told, which we are not privy to. Maybe the paycut was only promised to keep staff til end of season.
Also won't they have got some of their cut back by qualifying for euro league; I tend to remember it was an incentivised three tier pay cut depending if they got CL, euro or nothing

Last edited:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
What sucks about this, is that if we end up successful on the field, fans will close their eyes and ears as far as our business dealings are concerned.

Right until we end up like how Barcelona are now (with far less success).

Start as you mean to go on. We can't put short term success ahead of the long term health of the club.

We tend to portray guys like Raul as evil villians but maybe he honestly believes this type of ****ery with super agents is how you build success with teams not at the top. When he said in that interview that we have to be smarter in the market than others to compete for titles, maybe this strategy is what he was referring to. I don't agree

Gegen Pressing

So Kroenke wouldn’t even invest to keep 55 low paid jobs, there is no hope that he will help the club with finances for transfers.

In a wierd way this is how Arsenal has always operated.
Kroenkes and the board have always put forward the model of self sustainability and independence. Once the owner injects cash ,there will be strings attached and the self governance lost.

I'd rather have a decentralised model like Barcelona and the sale of new shares would have sponsored the lousy 3m salaries missing, easily and let fans have a real say.

Most of our leaders are old school so we should never hope for any progressive ideas from their part. Kroenke in that respect is no better than Trump imo, just a greedy real estate dealer that does more harm than good .

Gegen Pressing

So Kroenke wouldn’t even invest to keep 55 low paid jobs, there is no hope that he will help the club with finances for transfers.

In a wierd way this is how Arsenal has always operated.
Kroenkes and the board have always put forward the model of self sustainability and independence. Once the owner injects cash ,there will be strings attached and the self governance lost.

I'd rather have a decentralised model like Barcelona and the sale of new shares would have sponsored the lousy 3m salaries missing, easily and let fans have a real say.

Most of our leaders are old school so we should never hope for any progressive ideas from their part. Kroenke in that respect is no better than Trump imo, just a greedy real estate dealer that does more harm than good .

Top Bottom