• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I meant with the 55 people. If you haven't been actively searching for another job for the past 5 or 6 months while being paid by the club knowing full well football might not come back/you may not be needed then i'm sorry but i just cannot sympathise.

And these people who work in a field where their employer has deemed them unnecessary I'm sure have found numerous job opportunities in the same said fields in the time of bounty and opportunity known as the global COVID pandemic

Whickham

Please no more offensive players, we desperately need CM players to improve our midfield, with Özil being Frozen off and Guendouzi is likely to be sold, we are lacking players in that area. Imagine a team with having so many quick wingers but no creativity in midfield.

akhil

Yeah ideally we wouldn’t be ran on a self sustaining model when our owner has increased his wealth by hundreds of millions alone during this pandemic.

Still though, with the club ran the way it is, everything should be focused on the pitch because if we slip to an Everton or West Ham level then many more people at all levels will be out of work.

I had wondered if the club would make redundancies outside of Covid based on how we’ve fallen out of the CL in recent years and the money from it is so key to the club as a whole.

Also you raise a great point, billionaire apologists are some of the most pathetic people I’ve seen in recent years.

People seem to think that if they act like heartless business chiefs then they’ll eventually become one when in reality despite high profile exceptions like Mark Zuckerburg the vast majority of wealth is inherited.

You can’t pull yourself up by your bootstraps to become like Kroenke. It’s a rigged game.

How has his wealth increased during Covid??? Stock market? That's a massive bubble currently.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So many lazy people around these days man. Can't even deal.

I want to give you some honest advice. Compassion is one of the greatest virtues a person can have. You’ll make more meaningful relationships in life and work if you put the judgement aside.

People all over the world are going to be struggling from this pandemic. Try to remember that every redundancy is a human being trying to get by and not someone to hand wave away as a lazy blight on society.

akhil

He owns 30 million square feet of real estate and is married to the heiress of the Waltons who own Walmart.

Again so it' based on Walmart's valuation then, real estate is taking a hit for the most part out here.
We'll know in a couple years how all of this pans out.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Again so it' based on Walmart's valuation then, real estate is taking a hit for the most part out here.
We'll know in a couple years how all of this pans out.

Interesting. Not going to pretend to know the ins and outs.

Read a study published by some admittedly very left wing think tanks which included his increased wealth.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It's funny that people/Fans Think that this only happens at Arsenal. We are just the only Club (yet) to made it transparent.

Sadly that's the reality, it's happen in Football too. Don't want to know how many have lost their Job due to Corona.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Short termism got us out of the Champions League and in the Europa only by a cup competition.

Mustafi
Aubameyang
Sokratis
Özil

All with a year left.

Lacazette and Guendouzi with two years left.

We have an imbalanced squad and just signed Luiz, Soares and Mari.

So much to sort out, so little time.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He owns 30 million square feet of real estate and is married to the heiress of the Waltons who own Walmart.
Walmart earnings are in two weeks and I am extremely confident that they will post good numbers with further emergence of digital and groceries. They will show growth and the stock will add probably another couple billion dollars to the net worth of Waltons on that day.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
th

Our transfer business this summer.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tough to read last few pages, actually really sad.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I loved that Sunday morning growing up... my personal highlights include.

1. Oliver Holts alice band

ollieholt-aliceband.png

2. John Cross pitching up in a body warmer under a suit & Martin Samuel just a jumper... no top on the same ****ing show.

3. Martin Samuel clearly not getting home the night before.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It's funny that people/Fans Think that this only happens at Arsenal. We are just the only Club (yet) to made it transparent.

Sadly that's the reality, it's happen in Football too. Don't want to know how many have lost their Job due to Corona.
I agree with this, surely we're not the only club to restructure during this process and frankly you can't expect our ownership to piggy up substantial liquidity to cover non-revenue generating activities that have been dried up because of C19. It's just not fiscally responsible business activity. I disagree with it as well from a moral and ethical perspective but the fact of the matter is the club is a business and is treated and ran as one. Like many other businesses, it's under a stranglehold due to the environment and is trimming redundancies. Sad but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom