• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Gives me anxiety that. :lol:

Still being up and seeing other students walk to uni while I was mongged out in my living room.

There’d always be some freak who did rowing or something in the house who’d get up at 5am, come into the kitchen and look at the six people sat round a table playing tinny house music through a speaker with disgust.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I was just taking the piss, slow doing deliveries, coming late, getting caught chillin too many times and no showing shifts it was a matter of time. I was like 17/18 though.

Someone was stealing from the stock room and I think they thought it was me so was looking for a reason. Yeah I did steal some stuff but what they were looking for wasn’t what I took.

I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that disciplinary hearing.

What did you steal - my money is on the Night Rider Super Stunt Set.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
It's of some comfort that the club won't fail to notice the online back lash. My greatest worry is that Kia is not actually an agent and therefore pretty unregulated. He also has the most uninspiring players on his shady books. He's no Mendez, Zahavi or Raiola. I feel another banner clad plane and protests incoming if things don't go well.

We won't know for ~2 years anyway I think. With Gabriel now being pretty certain and if the other deals get done this will be a pretty decent window IMO. But at the same time could be a false bump at the start.

roz

Fake News Merchant
There’d always be some freak who did rowing or something in the house who’d get up at 5am, come into the kitchen and look at the six people sat round a table playing tinny house music through a speaker with disgust.
:lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I picture people as their avatars.

So all I see is a jacked Scott Steiner getting sacked from Argos for stealing Fifa...good story @BigPoppaPump , you delivered it in a funny manner too :lol:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A lot of outrage it seems about getting rid of a bloke that was part of a recruitment team that made a handful of decent signings in a decade...

This wouldn't be worrying if we were going to revamp our scouting network and get new people in. But to me its looks like another plot to put down Kia influence on this club.

Willian,
Coutinho
Gabriel

Are you signing this summer? Hardly inspiring. Even if we have never been good from signing from PL or Championship you get a kiss that hope goodbye we do that for next years.

All our solutions we will find to our squad problem will come now from the same guy and it won't be to solve our problems but more to put money in his pocket.

I mean look at Cedric and Mari. Southampton reject. City rejects. Losers of the highest order. No club with some decency sign players like this.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

But why was our club the only PL club whose players took a pay-cut, and the only club so far to announce redundancies?
This is what I'm curious about... the club has been incredibly transparent where as other clubs especially in the PL have kept their cards to their chest. Obviously, most clubs are under pressure and will trim redundancies, not sure the idea on why to publicize this... we're a privately held club.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yep but don't worry Raul is definitely the man, what a great addition to Arsenal.

Signing pensioner Willian is fine "we're overreacting".

Signing Cedric is fine "we're overreacting".

Luiz is clutch in big moments "we're overreacting" to his signing.

Great, let's make Arsenal a place for fkin pensioners and Kia bums.

Well done Raul.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Remember Wengers speech after his last game where he spoke after hoping that the club would continue to stay true to its values. I actually think what is happening now is us being punished for the way many Arsenal-fans treated our greatest ever manager and the classiest man in football.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
A lot of outrage it seems about getting rid of a bloke that was part of a recruitment team that made a handful of decent signings in a decade...

Yeah thats what a fkin scout does, makes reccomendations on good players and explains why other ones are sh*t. If we listened to Cagigo we would've had Aubemeyng instea dof that donkey Giroud for years and we wouldn't even know who mustafi or lucas perez is. God only knows how many recommendations he has given that we've ignored, wasnt Griezmann a recommendation from him as well, one that we ignored?

You can't fkin recommend a player that doesn't have the talent or is already playing for first Barca.

Edit: handful of recommendations for top class players is more than a fkin return on investment. We spent 70 million or so on Aubemeyang rather than the 10-20 we would've got him for in France, never mind how much he could've propeled the club forward.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Miki Marin said he’s responsible for Martinelli and Saliba. Pipe down man.

Kike Marin :D :D :D

We wanted to sign Saliba under Mislintat, but the club decided against it. Would have been much cheaper at the end.

Kike Marin said some months ago, that we already signed 2 players for next season. Think Fraser and someone else.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Disappointed if Cagigao is leaving (pending consultation), but he's been holding back the tide of transfer idiocy for close to a decade now, bar the odd one he's managed to sneak through. He's not often been proved wrong.

I guess it all depends what happens next. I'm sure some of the scouts on the way out don't actually add the club much more value than a someone with a copy of Football Manager, all those stat graphs and a multi-channel sports package, given all player have to be passed up the recommendation food chain anyway.

After all, if I as a fan with another career knew about 3/4 of all the worlds top players as teenagers, I'm sure someone dedicated to the cause could do well enough.

Hopefully the new reality will get the right balance between mining for diamonds in the rough and getting into bed with agents when necessary. After all, Wenger's refusal to get his hands dirty meant that despite his contacts and eye for talent, we missed out on Ramos, Pique, Mbappe and others, including (depending on who you believe) Zlatan (the audition story is apocryphal), Ronaldo & Pogba.

I was relaxed when Sven left, because despite his great rep, he had a few misses at Dortmund, and because identifying talent hasn't really been the problem for decades. Its been either having the money to get teh top ones, or moving quickly enough on that talent. Once Dein left, Wenger became much more prevaricating and actually made more bad decisions.

Not happy about this as currently reported, and would much prefer to keep Cagigao, but equally, I want to see what happens down the line before I get my pitchfork.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Excellent job by the Don. Recruitment has been poor for a while. Kia is a much better agent than this guy is a scout, and we don't need to pay him a wage either. Good riddance.

Wryer

This is a power struggle between Cagigao and the 3 amigos. Don't see how this is related to how many signings he got right or wrong.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am assuming this was important.

5m6ho6adj0r11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom