• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think the footballers themselves are easy targets. Billionaires are happy to throw the millionaires under the bus.

Not targeting the players at all, they’re never to blame as who wouldn’t accept that pay. It’s just the money in sports in absolutely crazy, from tv, sponsors, tickets, merch it all is ridiculous.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah thats what a fkin scout does, makes reccomendations on good players and explains why other ones are sh*t. If we listened to Cagigo we would've had Aubemeyng instea dof that donkey Giroud for years and we wouldn't even know who mustafi or lucas perez is. God only knows how many recommendations he has given that we've ignored, wasnt Griezmann a recommendation from him as well, one that we ignored?

You can't fkin recommend a player that doesn't have the talent or is already playing for first Barca.

Edit: handful of recommendations for top class players is more than a fkin return on investment. We spent 70 million or so on Aubemeyang rather than the 10-20 we would've got him for in France, never mind how much he could've propeled the club forward.

There is now way of knowing this. How do we know what players he recommended? If he wasn't involved/had limited involvement in the signings over the last 10 years, he obviously had very little input, so him leaving won't exactly be a big miss anyway.

These are all ifs and buts though. All we know what he was part of a department that failed miserably for 10-15 years.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm torn on the 55 sackings;

Morally; we have a billionaire owner and ridiculous revenue streams so if Covid-19 is the reasoning then that is hard to take when I assume the 55 jobs werent exactly massive earners.

However, if the 55 jobs are no longer required by the club then yes its hard on the staff losing the jobs but how long have we complained about being 'Charity FC', the club cant be handing out jobs/wages just because.

Also got to draw a line between the playing staff/on field budget and the budget for people working in the club shops etc, they're completely different and seperated.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Sounds like the scouts sacking were opportunistic use of Corona virua and a way for Raul and his business associates to increase their power at the club.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Are we definitely not appointing a successor?

Not in the short-term. It's illegal to make someone redundant and then hire someone else straight away for the same position (even if the position has a different title; so long as the job duties are similar). Cagigao could file for unfair dismissal.

Maybe later on they could bring the role back (so long as they have a business case for doing so to present to any potential employment tribunal). For now, if these redundancies go through, then all the scouts being let go are having their positions officially deleted.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Don't care about this tbh. Not sure how you people managed writing 19 pages, nothing better to do? No one here thought about this guy before yesterday, probably never even heard of him.

Found fabregas 20 years ago, and bellerin? lol.

Manberg

Predator
The more I think about it the more I’m on board with what Raul and Edu are doing. They gave us good signings last summer. They gave us Arteta. We don’t really know enough to be criticising these decisions. Should wait it out and see the effects.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The more I think about it the more I’m on board with what Raul and Edu are doing. They gave us good signings last summer. They gave us Arteta. We don’t really know enough to be criticising these decisions. Should wait it out and see the effects.

Who cares about that? We've always been a club that acted with class and treated our own with respect.

We can't throw everything the club stands for out the window for a few trophies. We don't even know the long term effects of getting in bed with Kia will be. Ask Corinthians and Inter how that worked out for them

Manberg

Predator
Who cares about that? We've always been a club that acted with class and treated our own with respect.

We can't throw everything the club stands for out the window for a few trophies. We don't even know the long term effects of getting in bed with Kia will be. Ask Corinthians and Inter how that worked out for them

Staff have been paid full wages during the lockdown. Jobs have been made redundant. We can’t keep paying people for sitting around and doing nothing.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Staff have been paid full wages during the lockdown. Jobs have been made redundant. We can’t keep paying people for sitting around and doing nothing.

This isn't some mom and pop shop. We're owned by a billionaire and are one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet.

Should we just fire John and Jo, two working stiffs while our owner made 300M during the pandemic?

This entire pandemic is exposing how we as a society care more about corporations that make millions rather our neighbour (I'm not talking about you right now). Who cares if a company only made 400m instead of 500m this quarter? That doesn't justify putting people on the breadline.

Yes yes, the old excuse of its a business and has to maximise profits etc etc. But that doesn't mean I will defend it or justify it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not targeting the players at all, they’re never to blame as who wouldn’t accept that pay. It’s just the money in sports in absolutely crazy, from tv, sponsors, tickets, merch it all is ridiculous.

You mean in entertainment? It’s no different from music or film.

Manberg

Predator
This isn't some mom and pop shop. We're owned by a billionaire and are one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet.

Should we just fire John and Jo, two working stiffs while our owner made 300M during the pandemic?

This entire pandemic is exposing how we as a society care more about corporations that make millions rather our neighbour (I'm not talking about you right now). Who cares if a company only made 400m instead of 500m this quarter? That doesn't justify putting people on the breadline.

Yes yes, the old excuse of its a business and has to maximise profits etc etc. But that doesn't mean I will defend it or justify it.

Well right now the club is losing money. Losses are greater than profits. We can’t let Özil go because he’a on a contract. Permanent employees can be let go.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like the entire recruitment team just got gutted. Suggests a complete overhaul. Again, I have utmost sympathies for those losing their jobs at this time - speaking from a personal perspective, I'll never think it is good for multi-billion pound businesses and corporations to discard people in the name of profit. On the other hand, from a separate footballing perspective, I think we need to see how this changes things and what our recruitment team will look like afterwards.

BobP

Memri Fan
Looks like the entire recruitment team just got gutted. Suggests a complete overhaul. Again, I have utmost sympathies for those losing their jobs at this time - speaking from a personal perspective, I'll never think it is good for multi-billion pound businesses and corporations to discard people in the name of profit. On the other hand, from a separate footballing perspective, I think we need to see how this changes things and what our recruitment team will look like afterwards.

Wait, so they all got sacked? We have no scouts left?

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom