• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are people trying to put a negative spin on this. We need to get away from this notion that our players cannot be improved on. Every senior player bar Auba and the keepers can be improved on.

How can you have doubts over a player based on someone clipping moments together.

DO NOT forget the moments our senior members have had repeatedly which have led us to the position we are now.

Xhaka has a redemption arc through putting 6 out of 10 performances. He has no competition for his position. This run of form does not make me forget the brainless penalties, fouls and passes he gives away. His limitations are still there.

Mustafi still slides around all over the place. He still makes errors. Don't even get me started on Luiz. Lacazette is still losing the ball and failing to effect the game other than doing the bare minimum of every player. Running alot.

Almost every player we are linked to is an improvement on what we have.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think they just don't know ****, not covering all bases. It's not like they don't write wrong stuff all the time.

No exactly they’re clearly clueless but don’t say anything either way unless they’re proven wrong later.

Utter frauds.

Tomb Bombadil

Shouldn't they get us some discount after we paid them £72m for Pepe. I hope they have at least the decency to sell to us and not some other club.

Would make almost £100m for them toghether. If Gabriel is the new Maldini we can say we are square.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Why are people trying to put a negative spin on this. We need to get away from this notion that our players cannot be improved on. Every senior player bar Auba and the keepers can be improved on.

How can you have doubts over a player based on someone clipping moments together.

DO NOT forget the moments our senior members have had repeatedly which have led us to the position we are now.

Xhaka has a redemption arc through putting 6 out of 10 performances. He has no competition for his position. This run of form does not make me forget the brainless penalties, fouls and passes he gives away. His limitations are still there.

Mustafi still slides around all over the place. He still makes errors. Don't even get me started on Luiz. Lacazette is still losing the ball and failing to effect the game other than doing the bare minimum of every player. Running alot.

Almost every player we are linked to is an improvement on what we have.
Agreed. Gabriel is young and has the physical attributes necessary. Things like timing and decison making will come in time. Someone like him you feel has the potential to become a truly excellent CB whereas with Holding, Mustafi and Chambers you always felt that even if they reached their full potential they could never be more than decent. In Saliba, Gabriel if he signs and Mavropanos we have three young CBs that are all tall, powerful and with pace.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Everton forum is hilarious, instead of taglines along with their profile they have "player valuation". Seen everything from 25k to 20 m so far.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's been outstanding in la ligue 1. He's still a bit raw and needs to improve but the talent and potential is here.

With him and saliba, we might be sorted for the next decade at the back :bounce:
But this partnership will make mistakes since they're both young and lack experience.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Stop blowing money on CBs!

We have seven senior CBs on the books with three signed last twelve months... One that we have not even seen train / play with our other CBs & another that has not played more than 3 games.
Expect to see mustafi, chambers, sokratis and holding sold/loaned. If we're in for Gabriel then it's because we deem the above four not good enough. But agree with your general point that we're stacked in numbers

TornadoTed

Established Member
Anyone know where I can find reliable stats for Gabriel and Elvedi? Maybe someone could do one of those statsbomb thingys?

I've never watched either outside of YouTube videos but from those Elvedi looks far better to me, is still a good age but is more experienced than Gabriel.

Goonger

I posted this earlier, but I think having defenders of the profile of him & Saliba are key to Arteta's preferred system going forward.

Currently, he's been making use out of what he has. But it's difficult to implement a high press system unless the team is nice & compact, that means defenders with the confidence to play high up the pitch, lots of mobility & energy in midfield, and pressing from the front.

With Saliba & hopefully Gabriel, you can now see Part 1 of that plan. Defenders that have good pace, mobility, can defend the channels 1 vs 1. Therefore, they should be more comfortable defending further up the pitch. They also seem to be competent on the ball, & importantly in the EPL have good height & stature for the physical challenges ahead.

Because they are so young mistakes happen, & they will need time to grow further, but for the first time in i don't know how long, the foundations look good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom