• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Özil fan boys celebrating this :lol:

We don't know if the club would have sacked even more staff without the paycuts. But the greedy fücker Özil didn't help matters
Would you accept an optional paycut?

It’s selfless/altruistic whatever to accept a paycut but it doesn’t make you greedy to not accept one.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Would you accept an optional paycut?

It’s selfless/altruistic whatever to accept a paycut but it doesn’t make you greedy to not accept one.

Yeah man, money is king. Once you start seeing those digits in your account go up you just want more and more and more. Same if you're a millionaire, the more you earn the more you want.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Listen, if Arsenal don’t want him, pay him off like Utd with Sánchez. Act like a big club ffs.

This will be much cheaper than Sánchez too as he’s on a much lesser wage and only has a year on his deal, Sanchez had two years left.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People blaming the club don't know what they're saying.

Özil performed excellently in the 8 matches during the contract negotiations and the club was forced to pay him what he demanded after we lost Alexis to Utd. But looking back, that contract was more or less a pension.

The club actually paid him for his performances but how did he repay the club?

But the Özil acolytes will have you believe the club is dystopian evil organization that is out get Özil.

The club couldn't have predicted that he was going to give up football after the huge Payday.

Case in point; His last away assist in the PL was a few days before his new Contract :lol:
coincidence?

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Everyone hates Özil because he didn’t take a pay cut. You lot are so weird. :lol:

I dislike Özil for other reasons, but I don't blame Özil for not buying that the paycuts were necessary for the club's financial fortunes and refusing it. It's made especially more palatable considering his involvement in charitable activities. I didn't see his approach as an indicator of greed at all.

What I do dislike about the whole thing is how disengaged Özil is from the club that pays him. It's unacceptable to leave the team as they are going into a FA Cup Final and take a holiday in Turkey. Nobody is buying the fake PR posts on Twitter. He's failing to fulfill his obligations as a professional and you don't want characters with such a disregard for work ethic at your institution.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
12,5%(!) from every player expect of Özil should be still enough to Cover this. Some don't realize how much Money this is.

So somebody wants to tell me, that the 12,5% from Özil would be used for the 55 employees? Sadly not and at the end Özil was right. He was sceptical but rightly so.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t you guys feel uncomfortable talking about another mans money all the time? It’s weird.
This is just Özil PR machine. Nothing to see here. He made it seems like he agreed to the paycut under a proviso. He said he wanted to see the impact of the Covid-19 on the club despite the fact that AST actually released a report that arsenal would lose 144m. He knows he has less than a year left on his contract, there was no way he would have taken a paycut. He's going to ride it out. He knows the club won't renew him. He knows he has no connection to the club (except to his few acolytes) and he's not going to come back one day in any capacity.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Another year of Özil is filling me with dread.

This particular issue is on the club but the amount of praise he’s getting from some of you is borderline sickening.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil was playing before Covid too, played every game for Arteta.

Im guessing him rejecting the pay cut was seen as him not buying into a new culture or philosophy by Arteta, and dropped. Hasn’t featured at all since then.

Again, people ignore this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another year of Özil is filling me with dread.

This particular issue is on the club but the amount of praise he’s getting from some of you is borderline sickening.
What praise? I want him gone, buts this is on the club, pay him off if you don’t want to play him.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Yup we are the only club to my knowledge to do this. Biggest fallout is the board had Arteta approach the players.

I thought Arteta intervening directly in pay cut negotiations was a gamble then and it definitely seems weird now. I wonder if we'll see any kind of friction between Arteta and some squad members.

It's a real shame that all of this is happening right after we've won a major trophy. The club should be united and celebrating, instead we're seeing friction between our coach, our structure, our players and our staff.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are we the only club in the top league to have a pay cut? Even clubs like Brighton, Bournemouth, Norwich didn’t ask for a pay cut.

Nobody answers these question.

If Sokratis doesn’t move will you guys have the same energy for him? Doubt it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is just Özil PR machine. Nothing to see here. He made it seems like he agreed to the paycut under a proviso. He said he wanted to see the impact of the Covid-19 on the club despite the fact that AST actually released a report that arsenal would lose 144m. He knows he has less than a year left on his contract, there was no way he would have taken a paycut. He's going to ride it out. He knows the club won't renew him. He knows he has no connection to the club (except to his few acolytes) and he's not going to come back one day in any capacity.
Told you before, don’t quote me with anything to do with Özil. Your opinions on this matter are trash for me, I have no respect for anything you have to say on this matter. You’re nothing but a massive hater. I have caught you out posting complete lies in the past, it’s too much now.

On other stuff, me and you are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom