• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ve never even paid that much attention to him refusing the pay cut anyway. The worst part about that is all his teammates accepted it and he didn’t, despite being the highest earner by far.

It’s not as if the representatives of all his teammates are all dim lows and wouldn’t have been thinking along the same lines that Özil’s would have , yet they all accepted it... I somehow doubt that all the players that thought less of him are now patting him on the back, praising his amazing foresight. The idea is absurd.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I like this @Ibadan guy a lot. @OnlyOne add him to the spreadsheet bro.

Gagan Jr if you don’t want to follow in your dads footsteps and join the usual suspects there’s a provisional place for you in sauce squad.

It's always nice to hear our rivals speak positively about us, lets us know the work we were doing in the academy was fruitful.
Unfortunately I have to respectfully decline right now. Being @GDeep™ son brings all kinds of positive benefits like hugs and tickles; I don't see the sauce squad competing with the emotional fulfillment I'm getting right now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are we the only club in the top league to have a pay cut? Even clubs like Brighton, Bournemouth, Norwich didn’t ask for a pay cut.

Nobody answers these question.

If Sokratis doesn’t move will you guys have the same energy for him? Doubt it.
1. Kroenke is a ****
2. The Sokratis situation is nothing like the same, but if he chooses the same bum route, he’ll be the same. Why wouldn’t it be? He is no massive favourite here... lol But let’s not pretend his profile is the same as Özil’s, so no, the disappointment won’t be on the same level and his thread definitely won’t be as active.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Told you before, don’t quote me with anything to do with Özil. Your opinions on this matter are trash for me, I have no respect for anything you have to say on this matter. You’re nothing but a massive hater. I have caught you out posting complete lies in the past, it’s too much now.

On other stuff, me and you are cool.
Just because I don't kiss the ring and praise Özil doesn't make me a hater. If you consider me a hater just because I want the best for the club, then so be it

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's always nice to hear our rivals speak positively about us, lets us know the work we were doing in the academy was fruitful.
Unfortunately I have to respectfully decline right now. Being @GDeep™ son brings all kinds of positive benefits like hugs and tickles; I don't see the sauce squad competing with the emotional fulfillment I'm getting right now.
We’re not your rivals. Think of us as the LA Lakers and the bum squad/usual suspects as Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Either way, I respect your decision. Door’s always open for you lad. Just remember live by the GDeep die by the GDeep.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If Sokratis doesn’t move will you guys have the same energy for him? Doubt it.
Sokratis has already said if he doesn't get play time he'll move. He's already said he won't be satisfied sitting on the bench collecting his paycheck

Trofton

Özil without the ball is one of the worst players in the world. On the ball we know what he’s capable off but we’re not a team that dominates 70% possession in opponents half anymore. Özil off the ball doesn’t track back doesn’t look Interested doesn’t run. Can’t have that in this team he deserves to be frozen out

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I’ve never even paid that much attention to him refusing the pay cut anyway. The worst part about that is all his teammates accepted it and he didn’t, despite being the highest earner by far.

It’s not as if the representatives of all his teammates are all dim lows and wouldn’t have been thinking along the same lines that Özil’s would have , yet they all accepted it... I somehow doubt that all the players that thought less of him are now patting him on the back, praising his amazing foresight. The idea is absurd.
it isn't always what people do that offends, but the way that they do it

it wouldn't surprise me if Özil left his representives to do the talking rather than speaking to Arteta himself, and that would surely not have gone down well

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sokratis has already said if he doesn't get play time he'll move. He's already said he won't be satisfied sitting on the bench collecting his paycheck

Hasn't he done a "GDeep" and said he is staying though?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

This. Totally. It’s not the pay cut per se. It’s the principle of everyone sticking together and pulling in the same direction in a time of crisis.

Of course, there are plenty of times when you need to stand up as an individual. But this case didn't seem to be a great candidate.

Elwood

Or maybe their reduced salaries saved the jobs, but not all, and the number of fired employees could have been bigger?

People celebrating Özil not taking a pay cut are something else I swear.
If you put it that way then yeah, Özil's a piece of ****. But when you consider the reports that Özil wanted insurances and that now others feel lied to, its obviously not Özil's fault here.

Manberg

Predator
If you put it that way then yeah, Özil's a piece of ****. But when you consider the reports that Özil wanted insurances and that now others feel lied to, its obviously not Özil's fault here.

Özil is on the most wages at £350k per week. Him agreeing to a wage cut would have had more effect than any other player and may have saved jobs.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Or maybe their reduced salaries saved the jobs, but not all, and the number of fired employees could have been bigger?

People celebrating Özil not taking a pay cut are something else I swear.
What are you talking about? The club promised the players if they took the wage cuts no one would lose their job, they've now broken their word. Özil and whoever the other two were that refused are completely vindicated.

You gotta laugh at the idiots who took the wage cuts when we are owned by a guy worth 10bil though. Talk about being suckers. Prime candidates to go bankrupt after their playing careers.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

All of you are looking at this wrongly. Do you know how many jobs was saved by the paycuts the players took?

Why are you all looking at the 55 laid off?

Even the executives/management of the club took paycuts ffs

Both Özil and Kroenke are cünts. It's not really mutually exclusive.
Özil is far and away the highest earner at the club.
If Özil had taken a paycut, who knows how many staffs would've kept their jobs?

Reactions: roz

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What are you talking about? The club promised the players if they took the wage cuts no one would lose their job, they've now broken their word. Özil and whoever the other two were that refused are completely vindicated.

You gotta laugh at the idiots who took the wage cuts when we are owned by a guy worth 10bil though. Talk about being suckers. Prime candidates to go bankrupt after their playing careers.
There was never any vindication at stake. This is just something created by people who are looking for Özil’s decision to be vindicated! They are thinking along the wrong lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom