• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,466

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
3 years with an option of a 4rth? Why? What top club has a 35 year old winger on their books? Even a 3 year deal for a 32 year old is absurd.

GDeep™

League is very weak
3 years with an option of a 4rth? Why? What top club has a 35 year old winger on their books? Even a 3 year deal for a 32 year old is absurd.
PL clubs don’t make such signings, too risky. But AM are acting like Willian is Benjamin button even though I have watched him in recent weeks just spam crosses in.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
PL clubs don’t make such signings, too risky. But AM are acting like Willian is Benjamin button even though I have watched him in recent weeks just spam crosses in.
105 people either want a 2 year deal or none at all. Just because you repeat it over and over again doesn't make it any more true.

GDeep™

League is very weak
105 people either want a 2 year deal or none at all. Just because you repeat it over and over again doesn't make it any more true.
Repeat what? 70% of this forum want him for 2 years or more. That’s the majority.

As usual you have nothing interesting to add.

senna

Overreaction here by some, look at the calibre of player we're being linked with this summer and last (despite being broke) and look at the scouting team led signings of the 2 or 3 seasons before that. Which would you rather have? Scouting team probably needed a revamp, when was the last time we signed a good young prospect who turned into soemthing before Martinelli and Saliba? Cesc, Reyes, Nasri or RvP? How long ago was that?

Arsenio Venger

That's 3 and counting. Plus sacking our scouting team. Makes you think.

Without Wenger and Gazidis, the naïve Kroenke's have let in a Brazilian version of a Trojan horse that'll take them to the cleaners.
1071524630.jpg.0.jpg

bf56c897634f9f870ee85d591ef4cdc6.jpg

Malky

Established Member
Exactly. Not just a high chance of his performances going off a cliff as he aged but a ligament injury to a player in their early 30s is most likely a career ended, certainly a far higher chance than a similar injury to a player in their mid 20s.
This just reeks of us doing Kia a favour.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Exactly. Not just a high chance of his performances going off a cliff as he aged but a ligament injury to a player in their early 30s is most likely a career ended, certainly a far higher chance than a similar injury to a player in their mid 20s.
This just reeks of us doing Kia a favour.
Then by your logic we shouldn't be extending Auba's contract because of high chances of performances going off a cliff and the possibility of getting a ligament injury. :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nelson
Saka
Martinelli
Pepe

Those are our wide options. Willian is currently more consistent than all of them. I literally cannot think of a better player in the world for Nelson to learn off. They have the exact same play style. I'm on board with this more than Coutinho as I think we should have faith in ESR.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then by your logic we shouldn't be extending Auba's contract because of high chances of performances going off a cliff and the possibility of getting a ligament injury. :lol:
Auba is the best in the world in his position though, an Arsenal legend now after the FA Cup.

You make an exception for these types.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba is the best in the world in his position though, an Arsenal legend now after the FA Cup.

You make an exception for these types.

Don’t know why they are chasing Auba when they can sign Werner, a much much better player.

Pep spot on as usual, Auba is not a top footballer.

Compare that to Auba, poor limited footballer who has won nothing in his career and not even operated at the top level.

I didn’t say Lukaku was better, I said I would put them both in the same category.

Neither is a world class striker, both are atleast level below. I don’t see anything outlandish in that claim.

Comparing him to Auba here.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson
Saka
Martinelli
Pepe

Those are our wide options. Willian is currently more consistent than all of them. I literally cannot think of a better player in the world for Nelson to learn off. They have the exact same play style. I'm on board with this more than Coutinho as I think we should have faith in ESR.
If the kids are patient, this is a signing that could pay off in the long term. I just hope it doesn't mean we're selling any of them but I doubt it will come to that. Think Nelson most likely goes on loan and that's as far as it goes. I'm cool with that.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Let’s be honest, he ain’t gunna be that good, but he ain’t gunna be that bad either, he also won’t affect other transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom