• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No club is bidding 30M for AMN. The market isn’t there after Covid, and for most clubs he’ll be seen as a fullback option and this price is too big for someone in that position.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would make sense for him to stay and fight for midfield though. We currently have 1 midfielder who is guaranteed to be here. Xhaka.

Torreira, who knows?
Guendouzi, half way our the door.
Ceballos, not even in the door.
Willock, not viewed as a deeper midfielder.

He will have more competition ar Everton and Brighton at this rate.
Maybe Arteta has to go to bat for him. Unless Arteta says he's gonna be a regular starter, they'll definitely look to get rid.

Ashybashy86

No club is bidding 30M for AMN. The market isn’t there after Covid, and for most clubs he’ll be seen as a fullback option and this price is too big for someone in that position.
I agree, but have you seen what Leicester are quoting for Chilwell? I'd have AMN over him as a LB.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Stop making us sound like Bournemouth, we’re Arsenal ffs, we don’t need to sell him when we’re signing 30-32 year old trash and giving them 4 year contracts.

£100m+ projected loss and they want to buy a midfielder for £45m and a defender for £25m. How are they going to do that without investment from the owner and without selling players? You keep talking about signing players on free contracts but their cost is spread out over weeks and years. Buying players requires an initial outlay, whether that’s an instalment or the full amount.

Stop acting like a ****.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think I saw on RAWK a few weeks back about Liverpool being interested in AMN.

They’re going for Jamal Lewis at the moment but I think AMN would be perfect to cover all the positions they need tbh especially since James Milner is 34 and he’ll be gone soon.
I was also thinking this but i'd prefer to keep him so he can be our "Milner". Having a player that can play so many positions 6-7 out of 10 is so useful.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he wants to leave fair enough, don't want to see him go though

Ashybashy86

If Bellerin fancies a new challenge, and Arteta wants to keep AMN, the board should be doing everything to keep the latter. Hopefully it's not a case of AMN still wanting to play in midfield, and knowing he won't get that at Arsenal.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I was also thinking this but i'd prefer to keep him so he can be our "Milner". Having a player that can play so many positions 6-7 out of 10 is so useful.

Liverpool play with quite a high line too, so that system would suit him perfectly since he’s excellent at both 1 vs 1 situations and recovery challenges.

I think AMN has the same agent as Ox too so he try and push for a move there.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Doubt they're just booting him out via the media btw although you never no with crooked Raul and co

Suspect his 1st team hopes aren't in line with what Arteta sees

GunnerShy

Would hate to see him go. Anything less that 39 and hold him to his contract. Another good season next year and hopefully out of the worst of Covid (no fans at stadiums) and we will get the £30m+.

It's just not good enough from the club if they can't move on Holding, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Lacazette for cash.

AMN is needed to get through us the season. I cannot fathom losing guys like AMN during Covid when we are offering Willian a contract, Mari a contract and Cedric a contract!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Doubt they're just booting him out via the media btw although you never no with crooked Raul and co

Suspect his 1st team hopes aren't in line with what Arteta sees

You can't rule out his agent leaking this to get out there before the club. Make them look like the good guys. Pretty sure he pulled similar **** with Chamberlain and Sterling when they left Arsenal and Liverpool.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I am not a big fan of AMN to be honest. He is not in the level of Iwobi right now. His game maturity is not comparable to Saka as well. If we want to cash him, this is probably the best time to do. Otherwise, we may end up having him without any real buyer. Look at what happened to Gibbs, Holding, Chambers and Elneny. We could easily sell Elneny to Leicester after his first year performance.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Silly seasom has started. It would take silly money for us to consider selling AMN and the amount of money that is, the teams that he'd like to join wouldn't pay that for a CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom