• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you take Ivan Gazidis back?

Would you prefer Ivan or Raúl?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Didn’t Liverpool create 20 chances against us in the 2nd half? Salah sat Luiz on his backside but missed a clear shot on goal. Arsenal fans were acting like we’ve turned into Atlético Madrid.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In key positions they were poor. Luiz poor all season, Dani only started to perform in June or July, before then this forum wanted to send him back to Spain.

What were the other signings? Pepe and Tierney, so that’s 50%.

I'll give you Luiz, and Dani was poor under Emery. But both of them under Arteta were big factors in us finishing the season very strong.

Martinelli, Pepe and Tierney were the other signings who played and obviously saliba but we can't count him yet.

I dont think it was a poor window, it was an excellent window but the manager in charge just bodged up a good window.

I think Raul has to properly be judged this window and then we will see where that takes us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Didn’t Liverpool create 20 chances against us in the 2nd half? Salah sat Luiz on his backside but missed a clear shot on goal. Arsenal fans were acting like we’ve turned into Atlético Madrid.

That isnt Rauls fault. He didn't sign Mustafi or Holding. Everyone knew what Luiz was going to be like. Was always going to be a stop gap, but now Raul has seemingly got us Saliba and Gabriel. Can't really turn your nose up at that. Luiz was simply a stop gap in a transition.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't Luiz man of the match in Arteta's first win as our manager against Yanited, in a back 2 against Rashford and Martial?

Anyway why is Arteta changing formations a bad thing, our current team suits a 3-4-3, not just Luiz...how dare Arteta use a system to get the best out of his players, fraud! :lol:

Chelsea changed formation in 2017, won the league with Dave...we switched formation in 2020, won the cup with Dave...I honestly don't see an issue here.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Hmm no but I don't like Raul either.

The issue is that the structure fell apart after Ivan left, so ideally we should've replaced him and ensured his successor would continue the same structure ensuring bum Raul wouldn't take control.

But yeah f*ck Ivan.

He's the one who put this structure in place. The fact that it fell apart like a house of cards is another blemish on his record.

But to answer the question:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasn't Luiz man of the match in Arteta's first win as our manager against Yanited, in a back 2 against Rashford and Martial?

Anyway why is Arteta changing formations a bad thing, our current team suits a 3-4-3, not just Luiz...how dare Arteta use a system to get the best out of his players, fraud! :lol:

Chelsea changed formation in 2017, won the league with Dave...we switched formation in 2020, won the cup with Dave...I honestly don't see an issue here.
Don't you dare make any sense

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@GDeep™ I think you’re being incredibly harsh on Raul.

First of all, it’s going to take a rolling period of around 3 years before we can assess Raul’s transfer business.

Kos wasn’t meant to leave, we had to scramble and managed to sign David Luiz. Luiz has been good under Arteta for the most part. Raul has signed Pepe, Tierney, Saliba and looks to be signing a highly rated CB, CM and Willian all in one window. Do we win the FA cup without Tierney, Pepe, Luiz and Ceballos?

Jury’s still out on Cedric (as a backup) and Mari (not sure what his role is) but on paper the business we have done is more good than bad.

You can simplify it as Raul made us finish eighth after spending huge money but it’s not that simple. Let’s look at that spend in a couple seasons.
Gazidis is the reason we’re in a rut, Raul is trying to get us out of it.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Ultimately, Raul makes us uneasy and the jury is out, but Gazidis, regardless of what he does dragging Milan out the 1990s, failed in every primary objective he had here.

While Raul could fail worse, he's got a lot of scope to do better. Lets not forget the commercial side as a key point of Gazidis job, and our commercial earnings stagnated as everyone elses rose.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
giphy.gif

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think OP is just trolling. He really can't be serious ffs

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think OP is just trolling. He really can't be serious ffs

Genuinely thought this was a wind up thread? Ivan Gazidis gave Mohamed Elneny a contract extension man.

God no. Can't trust a bald man.

Can't believe this is even a thread let alone the fact there are people that genuinely want the bald loser back

10 years to drive commercial earnings and sponsorship deals, failed miserably so no.

This is the kinda thread that deserves a ban.
Do your thing @American_Gooner.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Luiz was poor under Arteta too. Until we changed our whole formation to cover for him.
You say this a lot like it’s facts :lol:

The formation could be to make up for the fact that we don’t have a number 10 or a midfield good enough at the moment, forcing us to create from other areas. Aka wingbacks and all of our senior forwards.

Mikel touches on this in here
https://www.skysports.com/football/...strengthen-squad-and-solve-creativity-problem

Even if Luiz isn’t starting (like when he had his brief injury/contract debacle) - we would still be playing this formation, so you can’t really say that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: I just saw the Poll, a choice between Ivan and Raúl? Would rather neither but if I had to choose then it has to be Gazidis.

He put in a great structure Burgess .Sven , Raul even Stat DNA . Remember this is the guy that identified Arteta as the successor to Arsène. Not to mention Arteta thinks highly of him as well including buying an expensive watch for his birthday.

Already highlighted his big failing, but he’s still better than Rollodex man. If that guy is still here in 3-5 years we are in deep ****e, as it is the puss is already oozing through the walls.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom