• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Everton were to offer £30M would you take it...

I'd find it hard to turn that down, we are talking about a right back here.

I think at £20M you sign Max Aarons and sell both AMN and Bellerin for around £50M combined.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Everton were to offer £30M would you take it...

I'd find it hard to turn that down, we are talking about a right back here.

I think at £20M you sign Max Aarons and sell both AMN and Bellerin for around £50M combined.

Bellerin and AMN sold in one window? This ain’t FM, it’s never happening.

If we sell AMN then we have Bellerin and Cedric that just signed a 4 year deal, why would we go for Max Aarons?

Another reason why AMN shouldn’t be sold.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bellerin and AMN sold in one window? This ain’t FM, it’s never happening.

If we sell AMN then we have Bellerin and Cedric that just signed a 4 year deal, why would we go for Max Aarons?

Another reason why AMN shouldn’t be sold.

Long term i think AMN is a fantastic squad option but he isnt a player who wins you the premier league.

If Auba is signing on a 3 year deal you ideally want to create a team in that time that challenges for/wins the title.

You are right this isnt FM. I think one of Bellerin or AMN goes this summer and like you say we will use Bellerin and Cedric going into next season. But long term Bellerin isnt good enough either.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Hope this isn't true, but equally saying he's for sale for £30m+ isn't as shocking and revelatory as it sounds. I mean, even if he wasn't on the block, it would be hard to turn down £30m for him in this climate. But different people are briefing about different players being up for sale. I think what we can deduce from this is the usual suspects are deffo up fro sale, and most of the rest they'll consider offers for, because there are only 6 or 7 of the current squad who are categorically not for sale without a massive over pay. Which given our worst league finish in quarter of a century is probably justified.

I still don't like this, but I've been a big fan of AMN since he was 15.

senna

Long term i think AMN is a fantastic squad option but he isnt a player who wins you the premier league.

If Auba is signing on a 3 year deal you ideally want to create a team in that time that challenges for/wins the title.

You are right this isnt FM. I think one of Bellerin or AMN goes this summer and like you say we will use Bellerin and Cedric going into next season. But long term Bellerin isnt good enough either.

Think we're underestimating AMN here, the guy just shut out Sterling and Man City out of position at LB. He also offers something our other CM currently dont which is energy and athleticism whcih I s=why Atrteta started him in the cup final.

Get what you mean about he isnt going to win you the league but is exactly the type of versatile player you need in your squad to win PL e.g. Milner, Gareth Barry, etc play & cover a few positions when there's an injury.

Token Yank

I am not a big fan of AMN to be honest. He is not in the level of Iwobi right now. His game maturity is not comparable to Saka as well. If we want to cash him, this is probably the best time to do. Otherwise, we may end up having him without any real buyer. Look at what happened to Gibbs, Holding, Chambers and Elneny. We could easily sell Elneny to Leicester after his first year performance.
I am sorry to be mean. This is the worst post I have ever seen.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think we're underestimating AMN here, the guy just shut out Sterling and Man City out of position at LB. He also offers something our other CM currently dont which is energy and athleticism whcih I s=why Atrteta started him in the cup final.

Get what you mean about he isnt going to win you the league but is exactly the type of versatile player you need in your squad to win PL e.g. Milner, Gareth Barry, etc play & cover a few positions when there's an injury.
Thing is, does he accept that he's a Milner type of player or does he feel like he's a star and he should be starting.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
What I don't like is they really want to sell him to get some money and keep the worst player Bellerin. Or is this some kind of move to make Cedric play?

At this point a see AMN ahead of Bellerin and Cedric

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What I don't like is they really want to sell him to get some money and keep the worst player Bellerin. Or is this some kind of move to make Cedric play?

*mitch likes this*

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If a big bid comes in for AMN I get it, but if you sell AMN against Arteta's wishes you are just asking for trouble.

Arteta has already won a trophy here, the fans like him and his reputation will continue to grow, if they're going to sell players he wants to keep from right under his nose this wont end well and he will eventually get fed up and leave, bit worrying for this type of thing to be happening so early in his reign.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You might see that, but who played RB in the cup final?

Ashybashy86

Keeping Bellerin and selling AMN - who I feel is one of the most improved players - would be a very Arsenal thing to do.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not sure why he’d want to move.

Arteta clearly loves him and if we wants to play CM he should just hire Kia as his agent. Sorted.

Impact

Established Member
I like Ainsley Maitland-Niles a lot and think he has the skill set to be a valuable 12th man to a squad challenging for top honours or even a first-choice right-back.

What I think is also the case is that the club has set a price for all its players and if that price is reached, they will sell. There are very few untouchables in our squad and notwithstanding my earlier praise, I can understand why £30m+ in this climate would be appealing. I hope we do not sell but if we do sell for such a fee, it would be good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom