• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
On the scouting issue - it's a genuine worry if these guys are not replaced. If it is part of an actual review then fair enough - the club has clearly had an issue with scouting, whether it's identifying targets or their opinion not being listened to, something needed to change.

If however, it is basically linked to the mass redundancies and purely money saving then this club is in far worse shape than previously thought and the short sightedness would sum up several questionable decisions.

I think the scouting restructuring is part of a long term plan and nothing to do with Covid. The rest of the redundancies/sackings are all most likely due to pandemic. Hospitality staff, catering etc. You can see why the club have done it but for the money saved it seems harsh and makes us look like a bunch of Cvnts!

moloso

I think the scouting restructuring is part of a long term plan and nothing to do with Covid. The rest of the redundancies/sackings are all most likely due to pandemic. Hospitality staff, catering etc. You can see why the club have done it but for the money saved it seems harsh and makes us look like a bunch of Cvnts!

Club needs to be transparent here tbh. Once the redundancies have been settled they need to come out, list the jobs and the money saved.

Club is in financial struggles because we have managed our assets badly and struggled on the pitch not because we are paying 55 people on "normal salaries". We probably saved more than enough cash to cover these salaries as we barely had to pay out win bonuses through the season FFS.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This is interesting. Traditional top 3 with a lot of staff. Football Heritage.

I wonder how/where we employ all these extra people compared to the others in the list. Hopefully they have jobs where it's easier to switch employers.

Didn't Tottenham try to furlough their staff a few months ago? You'd expect similar things over there then as well.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
How much was Auba going for in 2012 compared to £10m Giroud? Martinelli and Emi havent done anything yet, Bellerin is gash and my mum could have told us not to sign Mustafi and Perez. It's sketchy if that's the best he's done.
Kia has his defenders here eh!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Haha. Nothing more to say. This club is going down the drain and I have been saying that for ages. As a player I would push hard for a move away.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Players like Fabregas and Robin van Persie (rvp was very well known for his talent as much as his attitude) would’ve been known to lots of clubs. It was our ability to get the deals over the line through the various forms of skullduggery that made it happen. We had David Dein and Wenger was a big pull as well. In instances like those, scouting is ovrestated.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
To be honest, our scouting in the last decade hasn't been that great compared to the likes of Porto, Ajax or Dortmund. Hell, even Lille.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Club needs to be transparent here tbh. Once the redundancies have been settled they need to come out, list the jobs and the money saved.

Club is in financial struggles because we have managed our assets badly and struggled on the pitch not because we are paying 55 people on "normal salaries". We probably saved more than enough cash to cover these salaries as we barely had to pay out win bonuses through the season FFS.

Yeah you'd think we could cut the money somewhere else. How about suing Özil for Trades Description act, we bought him as a footballer not a Fortnite expert!

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Yeah you'd think we could cut the money somewhere else. How about suing Özil for Trades Description act, we bought him as a footballer not a Fortnite expert!

Wasn't Özil was the only one refusing the pay cut, not on the principle of a pay cut per se but simply because he first wanted assurances on where the money would be spent? A lot of criticism and vitriol went his way as a result.

Kick in the teeth for the rest who were suckered into giving away 12.5% (now 7.5%) and now find it insufficient to save even 55 relatively low-paid jobs and being used instead to fund signing on fees and incentives for new players. No wonder they now want some answers.

Seems like Özil (or rather his agent, Erkut Sogut) was the only one who sussed out the club's real and shameful priorities....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom