• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really hope this isn't true, although one of AMN/Bellerin have to go. For me you keep Ainsley every day of the week.

moloso

Really questionable decision to sell if he's not actively pushing for a move. Should be back to to both full back positions and probably first choice right back on current form.

The fact we spent cash on Cedric and Mari when both were injured and during a global pandemic is looking more ridiculous each week. Neither is a starter for us and the result is that we now need to sell an actual talent and someone we've spent time developing to raise funds and clear a space in the squad so they can sit on the bench. And we are still looking for a centre half and probably a left back as Kolasinac is possibly the worst footballer at the club. Great.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we get 45m between him and Torreira that funds a fair amount of summer business for us. Fire Guendouzi and a a few centre backs for banter and weve stream lined the squad and hopefully added a few quality players.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
AMN is our best right back, and one of the best footballers at the club. I’d rather sell Bellerin than get rid of him. Also, Whoever’s responsible for giving Cedric a 4year contract needs to be burnt at the stake. Awful business

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If we get 45m between him and Torreira that funds a fair amount of summer business for us. Fire Guendouzi and a a few centre backs for banter and weve stream lined the squad and hopefully added a few quality players.
The issue is that money from sales is being used for some short term fixes like Luiz, Mari, Cedric and Willian.
The idea of selling young players who won't make it here was to fund big transfers that are out of our regular budget, not to waste them on salaries and small transfers I've mentioned above.
We'll have to wait another month to see what's the actual plan, and I do hope I'm wrong about this

Bloodbather

Established Member

Agree with the sell Bellerin instead sentiment. AMN fits Arteta's system better and his versatility is important. I am of the opinion that he should get an opportunity to hold down the RB spot.

moloso

The issue is that money from sales is being used for some short term fixes like Luiz, Mari, Cedric and Willian.
The idea of selling young players who won't make it here was to fund big transfers that are out of our regular budget, not to waste them on salaries and small transfers I've mentioned above.
We'll have to wait another month to see what's the actual plan, and I do hope I'm wrong about this

Exactly this. Club fires 55 people to save 2 months worth of Ozils weekly salary. Sells young players who might actually make a difference while splurging millions on players who we already know we will not be able to sell on for any money at all if they don't work out.

This is ignoring the fact that players were basically told that they were saving jobs by taking a pay cut. If I was a player I would be asking for my money back or a transfer quite frankly.

Ashybashy86

AMN is our best right back, and one of the best footballers at the club. I’d rather sell Bellerin than get rid of him. Also, Whoever’s responsible for giving Cedric a 4year contract needs to be burnt at the stake. Awful business
Looking more and more like a favour each passing day we're linked with Kia's clients.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Looking more and more like a favour each passing day we're linked with Kia's clients.
4 year contract for Cedric ffs, it’s absurd, he hasn’t even played consistent football for a few seasons now, and he’s always been an above average player at best. Extremely dodgy. AMN and hector can do a job, and I’m sure we’ve got a young lad in the academy who can play there if called upon.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like Ainsley Maitland-Niles a lot and think he has the skill set to be a valuable 12th man to a squad challenging for top honours or even a first-choice right-back.

What I think is also the case is that the club has set a price for all its players and if that price is reached, they will sell. There are very few untouchables in our squad and notwithstanding my earlier praise, I can understand why £30m+ in this climate would be appealing. I hope we do not sell but if we do sell for such a fee, it would be good business.

That's not a compliment nor something any professional in his shoes would see as progress. If that's how he's perceived at Arsenal by management no wonder he wants to leave.

If we persist with 3-4-3 he is the perfect player for the right side of the midfield 4. Better than the Bellerin and Cedric for that role.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I like Ainsley and think that if he accepted his position is right back he's probably marginally better than Bellerín but his footballing abilities are vastly overrated around here from what I've read. Bellerín is young enough, though, to recover his athleticism from his injury and Cedric is a capable back-up so capitalising on AMN's good FA cup performance and selling him to an English club for 15-20m would be sensible business.

I wonder who our target for a back up to Tierney is in the case we sell Ainsley. Kolasinac is dreadful and you get the feeling Arteta wants him out and Tierney is injury prone and needs cover. We know the 5-2-3 is only temporary and the idea is to be playing mostly 4-3-3. Any links there? We were linked with Tagliafico but I imagine we'll want to be paying a very low price given all our other needs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I like Ainsley and think that if he accepted his position is right back he's probably marginally better than Bellerín but his footballing abilities are vastly overrated around here from what I've read. Bellerín is young enough, though, to recover his athleticism from his injury and Cedric is a capable back-up so capitalising on AMN's good FA cup performance and selling him to an English club for 15-20m would be sensible business.

I wonder who our target for a back up to Tierney is in the case we sell Ainsley. Kolasinac is dreadful and you get the feeling Arteta wants him out and Tierney is injury prone and needs cover. We know the 5-2-3 is only temporary and the idea is to be playing mostly 4-3-3. Any links there? We were linked with Tagliafico but I imagine we'll want to be paying a very low price given all our other needs.
Yeah AMN is a nice player to have but people are forgetting that he's had his fair share of terrible games at fullback.

I like his attributes and what he brings but I don't know when he became our undisputed best RB?

Bloodbather

Established Member

That's not a compliment nor something any professional in his shoes would see as progress. If that's how he's perceived at Arsenal by management no wonder he wants to leave.

If we persist with 3-4-3 he is the perfect player for the right side of the midfield 4. Better than the Bellerin and Cedric for that role.

We probably won't, but the fact that he has the versatility to enable us to switch to it as an alternative is important. Same is true for Tierney and Saka also.

Yeah AMN is a nice player to have but people are forgetting that he's had his fair share of terrible games at fullback.

The crucial point here, and I've said this before here, is that being a full-back under Arteta is different than being a full-back under Emery, and AMN is well-suited for the former. Under Emery you need to be a regular full-back who overlaps, under Arteta you're expected to be versatile and be able to play as an inverted full-back from time to time.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
AMN's first few games at RB under Arteta were extremely promising. Then Bellerín came back, Cedric was signed, and he was mysteriously dropped, even though Bellerín was clearly not very fit. Putting two and two together I think most of us felt that Ainsley was dropped and Cedric was bought partly because of AMN's attitude toward being a RB. Or perhaps it was just Arteta's conservativism in preferring experienced choices in defence while trying to build stability at the beginning, though that seems hard to match up with the fact he later started him in the most crucial of FA Cup matches and league matches in the run in. More likely seems that Maitland-Niles, unlike Guendouzi, came to his senses and got with the Arteta program, hence his reinsertion into the team.

Still, you get the feeling that Ainsley simply can't resign himself to being a fullback and not a midfielder--I think as a midfielder he is currently championship level and risks really struggling at any premier league club--which is why the Cedric signing was made and why he seems likely to be sold.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
AMN's first few games at RB under Arteta were extremely promising. Then Bellerín came back, Cedric was signed, and he was mysteriously dropped, even though Bellerín was clearly not very fit. Putting two and two together I think most of us felt that Ainsley was dropped and Cedric was bought partly because of AMN's attitude toward being a RB. Or perhaps it was just Arteta's conservativism in preferring experienced choices in defence while trying to build stability at the beginning, though that seems hard to match up with the fact he later started him in the most crucial of FA Cup matches and league matches in the run in. More likely seems that Maitland-Niles, unlike Guendouzi, came to his senses and got with the Arteta program, hence his reinsertion into the team.

Still, you get the feeling that Ainsley simply can't resign himself to being a fullback and not a midfielder--I think as a midfielder he is currently championship level and risks really struggling at any premier league club--which is why the Cedric signing was made and why he seems likely to be sold.
See, I don't think he'll struggle at all in midfield provided he actually gets a proper run there for a PL team. That's his best position. I think if he keeps focus, he'll be a huge success if he leaves or stays.

Tom349

Should be Bellerin that we look to move on instead. AMN has the better potential and on current play is the better player. Factor in he is younger and more versatile and it makes a lot more sense to sell Bellerin who probably has the greater market value. Could get 30-40m for Bellerin compared to 20-30m for AMN.

Would look at replacing whichever one that leaves with Max Aarons for 20m. Make a 10-20m profit and be no worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom